Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, would you ever hit your Husband/Partner? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you hit your Husband/Partner?
    Yes
    31.58%
    No
    68.42%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    If he cheated me on, maybe. In the heat of the moment after finding out, my head wouldn't be straight. If he was violent or I had protect myself from him, yes. For calling me fat? No. I would just laugh it off seeing as he is actually the fat one in the relationship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No excuse for this at all. You really think men don't have heat of the moment or emotions that go out of control? We suppress and overcome our aggression. So should you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    oh yeah?

Going slightly serious for a sec though, if you are into that kind of stuff (raises hand), you do have to be careful. My ex had mental issues and every now and again she would end up hitting me in an argument. I have a feeling the fact that she used to hit me in bed (for the fun bit of it) almost led to her thinking hitting me was ok whatever the situation or reason.
    Yeah.

Oh my gosh, totally agree with what you said below! Rep 4 u if it'll let me.

ReputationRep:
    I voted no, but upon consideration I think I'd hit back if he hit me first - not sure if that counts? I don't necessarily mean self defence, even if he pushed me or in any way physically attacked me I think if be shocked and angry enough to hit him back.
    Apart from that, no, never. He's angered me to the point I've felt violent and even told him I feel like hitting him, but he knows I never would - I'm an evolved human being, I can control myself and violence is never the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    I would only slap if I got really, really angry I'm more of a shouter, I think I'm more likely to push
    Would you consider it okay if he slapped or pushed you out of anger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    Would you consider it okay if he slapped or pushed you out of anger?
    I wasn't that clear in original post I meant I'd slap/push if he was aggressive or violent towards me hence why I would be angry but to answer your question if I was aggressive/violent towards him then I'd expect it to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MidnightDream)
    I wasn't that clear in original post I meant I'd slap/push if he was aggressive or violent towards me hence why I would be angry but to answer your question if I was aggressive/violent towards him then I'd expect it to be honest
    Sorry, I thought you meant you'd slap him if you were angry for other reasons like him insulting you or cheating etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    Sorry, I thought you meant you'd slap him if you were angry for other reasons like him insulting you or cheating etc
    'tis okay, I really wasn't clear like at all anyway With things like that I would be verbal and he'll have the honour of receiving my death glare :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    Yeah.

Oh my gosh, totally agree with what you said below! Rep 4 u if it'll let me.
    Was interesting to say the least! Cheers . I really don't think it helped that I really did enjoy her being pretty violent in bed, and she got really into it too. But ah well. That side of it was fun haha.

ReputationRep:
    So far 1 in 5 on the guys thread would hit their girlfriend but 1 in 3 girls would hit their boyfriend. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    So far 1 in 5 on the guys thread would hit their girlfriend but 1 in 3 girls would hit their boyfriend. :/
    Several guys have voted on this one, saying they did so because a girl has hit them before. I'm not sure that's helping the statistics really, because that's misrepresenting what girls on TSR would actually say.

Having said that, I do think some girls seem to think hitting guys (or anyone) is okay if they're angry, and they are just totally wrong. We need to stop this violent culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emaemmaemily)
    Several guys have voted on this one, saying they did so because a girl has hit them before. I'm not sure that's helping the statistics really, because that's misrepresenting what girls on TSR would actually say.

Having said that, I do think some girls seem to think hitting guys (or anyone) is okay if they're angry, and they are just totally wrong. We need to stop this violent culture.
    I think the general statistical consensus is women are quicker to use violence than men but when men do the results are more severe.

ReputationRep:

No! I would leave the relationship since slapping your partner is going to make things worse and besides if your partner cheated on you, you cannot really change the fact that they have already done it and no amount of slapping can change the fact that your partner does not love you anymore. However if the girl at some point hits me physically to the point where my life is threatened then I will defend myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammed1702)
    Equal rights? Hmmm.....well I think a man who hits a woman is by far the worst living human
    Slight exaggeration there ffs :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    I think the general statistical consensus is women are quicker to use violence than men but when men do the results are more severe.
    Yes. Well I think the views on women hitting men are slowly changing, most people are starting to agree that it's wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.