Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, would you ever hit your Wife/Partner Watch

• View Poll Results: Guys, Would you ever hit your Wife/Partner?
    Yes
    14.93%
    No
    85.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)

Because stabbing yourself with a pen is worse. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KX3OriDpgg
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Butterfly... If I watch this... will I be blinded? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Butterfly... If I watch this... will I be blinded? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    12A rated.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    12A rated.
    Horror?

Edit: I can't even watch a 12 horror... probably. :eek:
    They scare me way too much
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only time I've ever come close to hitting a girlfriend was when we were having an argument in the car and she grabbed the steering wheel. I pushed her away but she ended up with bruised ribs. I felt guilty as hell after that.

I don't think it's acceptable for a guy to hit a girl, but it's not acceptable the other way round either. Girls I have been with in the past seem to think it's okay for them to do it if they lose their temper because 'I'm big and can take it'. A girl hit me as hard as she could in the back of the head during an argument. If I did that, she'd probably end up in an ICU. So I just don't understand why some girls find it acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    Horror?

Edit: I can't even watch a 12 horror... probably. :eek:
    They scare me way too much
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's something the Joker does in Batman Dark Knight Rises.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It's something the Joker does in Batman Dark Knight Rises.
    Watched it. Nice... remind me to never leave a pen standing up on a desk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watched it. Nice... remind me to never leave a pen standing up on a desk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're not going to have nightmares?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    You're not going to have nightmares?
    Nope. If they had shown exactly what had happened. Maybe. Am I scaring you? :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope. If they had shown exactly what had happened. Maybe. Am I scaring you? :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wouldn't want you getting nightmares is all.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't want you getting nightmares is all.
    Don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have actually. I've accidentally done that with my fountain pen. :eek:

Aww, your wife will be very happy!!
    ^ that doesn't sound right as you shouldn't hit them anyway but I hope you understand what I mean!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Oh god, how did that feel?
    Aww thanks I hope to find a wife/partner that appreciates me as much as I appreciate her
    Dw, I understood you perfectly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael!)
    The only time I've ever come close to hitting a girlfriend was when we were having an argument in the car and she grabbed the steering wheel. I pushed her away but she ended up with bruised ribs. I felt guilty as hell after that.

I don't think it's acceptable for a guy to hit a girl, but it's not acceptable the other way round either. Girls I have been with in the past seem to think it's okay for them to do it if they lose their temper because 'I'm big and can take it'. A girl hit me as hard as she could in the back of the head during an argument. If I did that, she'd probably end up in an ICU. So I just don't understand why some girls find it acceptable.
    She grabbed the steering wheel while you were driving?? And how you mange to bruise her rib in a car?

I agree with you - it's not acceptable either way. There's no way I'd hit my wife and I'd expect not to be hit. Painful or not, the act of hitting is plain wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    :eek::eek::eek:
    Oh god, how did that feel?
    Aww thanks I hope to find a wife/partner that appreciates me as much as I appreciate her
    Dw, I understood you perfectly!

Painful. I kind of exclaimed and my friends laughed. I realised just how sharp my Lamy is. :rolleyes:

Aww
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never

If she cheated though, I would divorce her with no second chances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    She grabbed the steering wheel while you were driving?? And how you mange to bruise her rib in a car?

I agree with you - it's not acceptable either way. There's no way I'd hit my wife and I'd expect not to be hit. Painful or not, the act of hitting is plain wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She grabbed the wheel and tried to pull over (she wasn't thinking properly), and I just extended my left arm to kind of get her away from my side of the car so she couldn't kill us.

ReputationRep:
    I think that we shouldn't marry anyone who we hate and want to beat the **** out of her. I want to marry someone who I love. And who would want to hit wife material, though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid.Snake)
    No i wouldn't be able to hit my partner, most likely i'd end up hitting something else instead like a wall.
    :rolleyes: thats what they all say.

Personally, I think if a woman hits a guy then he has every right to hit her back. Equality people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    Awww shucks
    My girlfriend actually comes from a country where it's totally acceptable for men to treat their wives like crap and she's seen the way her father treated her mother. Couldn't ever put her through that.
    Sounds like Pakistan... and same I dont know why people resort to hitting tbh, unless it's self defense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecro)
    I think that we shouldn't marry anyone who we hate and want to beat the sh*t out of her. I want to marry someone who I love. And who would want to hit wife material, though?
    You do realise couples have rifts - it's part and parcel of being together. But it's how the two of you work together to resolve any issues which arise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.