Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you ever have sexy thoughts about female friends? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Citations or it never happened.
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...-just-friends/
    you mean you didn't even attempt to google it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    Did you seriously just cite a study that a) provides no statistics and b) involved 88 pairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    Did you seriously just cite a study that a) provides no statistics and b) involved 88 pairs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    here's the research it was talking about:
    http://bleske-rechek.com/April%20Web...r%20Burden.pdf

ReputationRep:
    here's the research it was talking about:
    http://bleske-rechek.com/April%20Web...r%20Burden.pdf
    So on a scale of 1 to 9 the men reported a below average attraction to said friends and a below average desire to date said friends and you say that that is evidence for your point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LightBlueSoldier)
    So on a scale of 1 to 9 the men reported a below average attraction to said friends and a below average desire to date said friends and you say that that is evidence for your point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what are you talking about? where does it say that?

ReputationRep:
    Page 575

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course several times, as you know most relationships start from friendship and so on. Sometimes your female friend can seduce you by their look, the best way will be telling them how you feel about them and why not asking her out if you really have feelings for her. Always be yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah. You're trying to prove your argument - the burden of proof should be on you.

ReputationRep:
    You mean you didn't even properly read your own article before trying to use it as evidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    You mean you didn't even properly read your own article before trying to use it as evidence?
    obviously the conclusion of the whole thing being exactly what I had been saying all along means that he is probably just reading in wrong, but either way I really can't be bothered to read through that whole PDF just to show him

ReputationRep:
    obviously the conclusion of the whole thing being exactly what I had been saying all along means that he is probably just reading in wrong, but either way I really can't be bothered to read through that whole PDF just to show him
    I have a degree in statistics.

It's just typical scientific American headline exaggeration. Nothing new here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding? Thought about/imagined sex with pretty much every non-family female that I know... not all the time but from time to time, especially when they send snap chats of them in some kind of tiny ass bikini. Damnit.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Amphiprion)
    Are you kidding? Thought about/imagined sex with pretty much every non-family female that I know... not all the time but from time to time, especially when they send snap chats of them in some kind of tiny ass bikini. Damnit.
    THIS.

When I hug some of my fit friends.. I get a boner.

ReputationRep:
    I've started having dreams/fantasies involving some of them.. does this mean I fancy them?!

Or is it that I would like to be in a relationship?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, completely normal. Just don't ever tell them. That makes things awkward...I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewlyScared)
    Yes, completely normal. Just don't ever tell them. That makes things awkward...I've heard.
    Haha yeah ...same ahem I've heard anyhow.

Thing is.. why am I imagining them in romantic or er... fantasy positions?

One is lovely and I value her friendship, but now I'm imagining her giving me head?!

ReputationRep:
    Until you're a mature student - you don't know what awkward is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshah2)
    Haha yeah ...same ahem I've heard anyhow.

Thing is.. why am I imagining them in romantic or er... fantasy positions?

One is lovely and I value her friendship, but now I'm imagining her giving me head?!
    Maybe you fancy her.

Are you single? Is she? Maybe things don't have to just be in your head.

I'm engaged to someone I was friends with for years. Never would have thought I'd have ended up with her, but now I'm happier than ever. That all pretty much started with 'sexy thoughts'.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you fancy her.

Are you single? Is she? Maybe things don't have to just be in your head.

I'm engaged to someone I was friends with for years. Never would have thought I'd have ended up with her, but now I'm happier than ever. That all pretty much started with 'sexy thoughts'.

Okay well there are two..

The one I mentioned I thought was single and very pretty, but does have a bf. I would never want to jeopardise that and value her as a friend. Just can't work out the sudden crush!

The other one is a very forward friend, and I think I get turned on by her drive. She is also pretty hot tbh. But I'm not sure I want to ask her out, again in case I ruin the friendship!

Is it just her energy I am driven to?

But why do I keep imagining the platonic friend giving me head?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.