• View Poll Results: Whcih order?
    a) Squash first, then fill with water
    88.12%
    b) Water first then top up with squash
    11.88%
    c) Simultaneously pour in squash whilst filling up with water
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Squash first, then water. I know exactly when to stop adding squash/water as my preferred amounts line up to the patterns on my glasses plus I don't have to stir the mixture, the tap does that for me, win-win.

I don't see why you'd do it any other way? It's like putting milk in your bowl first and then your cornflakes, madness
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Also, me and puddles literally just went and made some squash in TSR Towers to take photos for her "water first makes the water look cool" idea.
    Is TSR towers real? And if so do you have to be a mod to get in??
    But squash first then water its just easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put in squash first so that the force of the tap water stirs up the drink, giving it an even flavour without the use of the middle man to stir (spoon)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymοοse)
    Squash first, then water. I know exactly when to stop adding squash/water as my preferred amounts line up to the patterns on my glasses plus I don't have to stir the mixture, the tap does that for me, win-win.

I don't see why you'd do it any other way? It's like putting milk in your bowl first and then your cornflakes, madness
    Makes sense! :yep:

If you want to know how many TSRians put in their milk before their cereal then make a thread on it with a poll!

(Original post by Aph)
    Is TSR towers real? And if so do you have to be a mod to get in??
    But squash first then water its just easier

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSr towers is real yes. The address is at the bottom of the website(when on the PC). you can take a walk around on google streetview. http://tiny.cc/TSRtowers will take you to the streetview of the office.

I'm there atm doing community team work along with puddles, she-ra and Captain Jack. :yep: Mods come down sometimes for meetings/socials and there's going to be lots of them here on results day!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I do both. Not at the same time, but sometimes I do squash first and others squash last

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Squash first, then water. Then you can see from how much squash you put in how much water is needed to make it at the strength you like

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't add water to my squash

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plasmaman)
    I don't add water to my squash
    I often sip a small amount of raw squash but have never heard of someone actually drinking it neat... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Squash first and then water

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Usually I put squash then water. If you do it the other way around, it's too watery and not strong enough
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I always put the water in the glass first then add the diluting juice.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely the squash first. It mixes better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Squash first then water.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Squash then water

Ratio like 1:6

ReputationRep:
    Always squash first then water and ice otherwise a bit difficult to estimate how much squash I've poured into the glass.

The only exception is when I'm making it with soda water, the it is soda water, ice and then squash which I pour from the side of the of the glass very slowly. Find that if it is done any other way the aeration isn't quite as strong.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Squash first, then water.

I always aim for a 1:4 ratio, except for if you get some of this "double concentrate" stuff - in the case of the latter, it's 1:9.

ReputationRep:
    Squash before water. It's much easier. Putting in squash after water would be difficult as I'd put too much water in and it becomes too diluted, meaning I'd have to tip some away. I find it easier to judge volume if the liquid is coloured.

I'm not sure about my ratio but it depends on the squash.
    For orange it's about 1:5, but blackcurrant and apple is 1:4

I think if I poured the water and the squash in simultaneously I'd end up in a fine squashy mess!

ReputationRep:
    A few days back I tried something new, decided to premix 50:50 squash and water then freeze it in ice trays.

To serve get some soda water or lemonade (room temperature) and add 6-8 cubes into it. I think I finally found a drink that didn't bother me when the ice melted

ReputationRep:
    Squash first. Anyone who does otherwise is probably just hell bent on watching the world burn.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (a)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.