Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Listening to music in a different language. Watch

ReputationRep:
    another french song ive been listening to recently

most her songs are easier to find on spotify or amazon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Hmm, too hard to say. Crush I think will have to be my favourite.

Yeah I heard about the death threats, stuff like that is why I hate the fandom. A lot of sasaengs. I did like one song by Exo, History, but that was it.

Sorry I think it's true. :lol: Spam me, I'm ready.

Yeah. To be fair, when you look at the English translations K-Pop songs are usually a lot more meaningful too than English songs. That's the irony of it. :rolleyes:
    I remember when I first discovered sasaengs... I was so shocked that people like that actually exist xD
    History is great, actually Your mention of it prompted me to listen to it right now xD

Prepare your body

Yeahh actually. Taeyang's eyes nose lips is so emotional omg <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    I remember when I first discovered sasaengs... I was so shocked that people like that actually exist xD
    History is great, actually Your mention of it prompted me to listen to it right now xD

Prepare your body

OMG you know that song too? I stumbled across it after listening to UKISS. It is a great song

ReputationRep:

Prepare your body

I actually discovered the word sasaeng from a friend at school (the only person in my whole year group who also likes K-Pop a.k.a. my best friend) and then found out what it was. Then I saw the EXO and SHINee sasaeng stories and I was like, dammmmn. :eek:

I liked History but meh, not my style anymore as Kris would say, probably going to delete it off my iPod sorry not sorry. Even though I'm not a huge EXO fan I watched the first episode of EXO Showtime, couldn't stop laughing at how Kris was like chickens not my style but then he couldn't resist himself to eat it.

My body? Sure.

Not sure if sarcastic or not but I thought the lyrics were pretty meaningful. :dontknow: Maybe not to the extent of emotional, though. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    OMG you know that song too? I stumbled across it after listening to UKISS. It is a great song
    Yeah, I love it His voice is just so.. unghfjsswh\dj

ReputationRep:
    I actually discovered the word sasaeng from a friend at school (the only person in my whole year group who also likes K-Pop a.k.a. my best friend) and then found out what it was. Then I saw the EXO and SHINee sasaeng stories and I was like, dammmmn. :eek:

I liked History but meh, not my style anymore as Kris would say, probably going to delete it off my iPod sorry not sorry. Even though I'm not a huge EXO fan I watched the first episode of EXO Showtime, couldn't stop laughing at how Kris was like chickens not my style but then he couldn't resist himself to eat it.

My body? Sure.

Not sure if sarcastic or not but I thought the lyrics were pretty meaningful. :dontknow: Maybe not to the extent of emotional, though. :lol:
    Ah, you lucky bugger. You have a best friend that likes K-Pop.. I is jealous
    Yeah, the sasaeng stories are terrifying D: They do so many ****ed up things, seriously.

wHYYYYY yellow. Kris is krying
    Yeah, Kris is a dork xD It's a shame he left xD

Nah, not sarcastic. It was an emotional sounding song. I also got emotional over his toplessness (another type of emotional though )

ReputationRep:
    I listen to Russian music as I'm currently learning the language.

They have, um, interesting videos.

http://youtu.be/h2pNhaNc8Fo
    Warning: Might not be suitable for younger audiences

This one isn't as racy and features some good Russian rap:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you lucky bugger. You have a best friend that likes K-Pop.. I is jealous
    Yeah, the sasaeng stories are terrifying D: They do so many ****ed up things, seriously.

wHYYYYY yellow. Kris is krying
    Yeah, Kris is a dork xD It's a shame he left xD

Nah, not sarcastic. It was an emotional sounding song. I also got emotional over his toplessness (another type of emotional though )
    Well considering I'm moving schools for sixth form, and she was into EXO and all guy groups and I was into girl groups more than guy groups and hate EXO we didn't really have much to talk about anyway. Plus she was fairly new to K-Pop unlike me.

I want Kris to kry. It's not a shame he left.

Oh Suzy, how typical of you to say that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well considering I'm moving schools for sixth form, and she was into EXO and all guy groups and I was into girl groups more than guy groups and hate EXO we didn't really have much to talk about anyway. Plus she was fairly new to K-Pop unlike me.

I want Kris to kry. It's not a shame he left.

Oh Suzy, how typical of you to say that. :rolleyes:
    Aw, will you miss her when you move? Ah, so you're a K-Pop ahjumma I'm actually fairly new to it.. I think I discovered it back in December 2012 xD

That's true XD I didn't particularly like Kris all that much, lol xD

Plz, it's Taeyang. EVERYBODY would say that

ReputationRep:
    Over the many years of my music variety

t.A.T.u - Russian pop singers (released their songs in both English and Russian)
    Rammstein - German industrial metal
    Eluviete - Swedish folk metal who sing in Gaelic for some of their songs (yeah. I know. What the hell.)
    Marteria - sort of German pop... Anyone that played FIFA 12 will know it
    Kraft Klub - again sort of German pop... Anyone that played FIFA 13 will know

ReputationRep:
    Aw, will you miss her when you move? Ah, so you're a K-Pop ahjumma I'm actually fairly new to it.. I think I discovered it back in December 2012 xD

That's true XD I didn't particularly like Kris all that much, lol xD

Plz, it's Taeyang. EVERYBODY would say that
    Yeah I will.

Ahjumma? No that means aunt, I'm a guy so it's Ahjussi! :lol: I was a fan from around 2010 or so? Can't remember exactly when.

Good, it's good to hate Exo.

By the way you're not very good at spamming.

ReputationRep:
    I occasionally listen to Portuguese or German music, but most of the music I listen to is J-pop or K-pop

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I will.

Ahjumma? No that means aunt, I'm a guy so it's Ahjussi! :lol: I was a fan from around 2010 or so? Can't remember exactly when.

Good, it's good to hate Exo.

By the way you're not very good at spamming.
    Aw, that's sad I'm moving for sixth form, but I don't think I'll miss my friends all that much xD

Yeah, that's the point. I was trying to insult you, noob That was why there was a '' at the end
    Jeez, that's ages! Were you around for SS501 then? I completely missed them

I ended the spam because you insulted the hottest man to walk the earth (Oh sehun). You're a tough nut to crack

ReputationRep:
    Aw, that's sad I'm moving for sixth form, but I don't think I'll miss my friends all that much xD

Yeah, that's the point. I was trying to insult you, noob That was why there was a '' at the end
    Jeez, that's ages! Were you around for SS501 then? I completely missed them

I ended the spam because you insulted the hottest man to walk the earth (Oh sehun). You're a tough nut to crack
    I'll only miss her and 1 or 2 others I guess but that's about it. I'll make new friends anyway, plus I talk to her a lot on Twitter anyway.

Well you failed. No they ended around the time I only started listening to K-Pop.

Hottest my foot. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    x
    Is it just me, or does EXO Kris look like the J-Drama actor Takasugi Mahiro? Am I seeing things?

Kris: http://westerngirleasternboy.files.w...4/05/kris.jpeg

Takasugi Mahiro: http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6c76f809...21kw2bkx6p.jpg

ReputationRep:
    My favourite artists are mostly foreign. Stromae and Shakira (only in Spanish/older albums).

ReputationRep:
    I love to listen to songs in Italian, especially Disney, it's such a beautiful language.

ReputationRep:
    I'll only miss her and 1 or 2 others I guess but that's about it. I'll make new friends anyway, plus I talk to her a lot on Twitter anyway.

Well you failed. No they ended around the time I only started listening to K-Pop.

Hottest my foot. :rolleyes:
    Oh yes, and plenty of new girl friends With mine, sheep's and bb's advice you'll definitely be a girl magnet xD

Plz. You were totally offended
    Aw, that's a shame They were really cool xD

Exactly. Even Sehun's foot is hotter than the entire world put together
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grgrgr)
    That video is pretty cool

I usually like to understand the lyrics when I'm listening to music but if the actual song is good it doesn't really matter what language it's in. I listen to a lot of music in Finnish but I speak Finnish so it doesn't really count
    yeah it is, i have watched it loads. i agree i also like to understand the lyrics so i can sing along haha, but when it comes to the spanish songs i listen to i can understand a bit of it cause i can speak spanish a bit, can't understand a word of french but love the song all the same

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or does EXO Kris look like the J-Drama actor Takasugi Mahiro? Am I seeing things?

Kris: http://westerngirleasternboy.files.w...4/05/kris.jpeg

Takasugi Mahiro: http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6c76f809...21kw2bkx6p.jpg
    Woah... The resemblance is uncanny D: They may be related in some way

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.