Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who wants to chat? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachik0)
    I was in the exact same position. Really looking forward to going. I'm sure you will be just fine

What subjects did you take for sixth form?
    Ah thanks, I hope uni is awesome for you
    History, English, Philosophy, Sociology. And for some reason general studies (which I'm expecting at best an E in lol). Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samstown)
    Ah thanks, I hope uni is awesome for you
    History, English, Philosophy, Sociology. And for some reason general studies (which I'm expecting at best an E in lol). Wbu?
    Wow snap! I only did 3

Philosophy, Sociology and English.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Wow snap! I only did 3

Philosophy, Sociology and English.

Thanks
    Did you like sociology? People either really love it or loathe it. For me it was my worst subject, mostly because with my teacher you just wrote out of the textbook. I was contemplating suicide every lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Did you like sociology? People either really love it or loathe it. For me it was my worst subject, mostly because with my teacher you just wrote out of the textbook. I was contemplating suicide every lesson.
    Lol exact same thing with me. Some times i would have a double lesson right at the end of the day and gawd it was boring. Teacher would talk, then give us a book and work on from there.

It could of been taught in a more interesting way.

I was contemplating suicide every lesson. < That made me laugh big time

ReputationRep:
    Lol exact same thing with me. Some times i would have a double lesson right at the end of the day and gawd it was boring. Teacher would talk, then give us a book and work on from there.

It could of been taught in a more interesting way.

I was contemplating suicide every lesson. < That made me laugh big time
    oh god the Friday double period was a killer. I hate when teachers spring a question on you when they know your not listening lol. Philosophy had a really bad effect on our class in the first month, we all thought we knew everything about the universe

haha glad to be of service

ReputationRep:
    oh god the Friday double period was a killer. I hate when teachers spring a question on you when they know your not listening lol. Philosophy had a really bad effect on our class in the first month, we all thought we knew everything about the universe

haha glad to be of service
    Yep and then it all gets squashed and ripped up into tinny bits lol. Along with philosophy we did Buddhism as well, that was really good. Did some meditation as well

Yeah the double friday was a killer, so was some of my English classes as well.

ReputationRep:
    Man, I remember when double 50 minute periods was an issue for me too.

Then I had 4 hour lectures without breaks at uni, fml.

Then I graduated, now I spend like 18 hours a day applying for jobs without breaks, fml.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphiprion)

Then I graduated, now I spend like 18 hours a day applying for jobs without breaks, fml.
    At least your not applying for awful summer jobs....I have a trial shift in the wonderful world of Roosters Piri Piri tomorrow

ReputationRep:

Seems like you have it all sorted. Congratulations on your graduation btw

Nice to hear from you... looks like I'm going to get it even tougher lol

ReputationRep:
    Yep and then it all gets squashed and ripped up into tinny bits lol. Along with philosophy we did Buddhism as well, that was really good. Did some meditation as well

Yeah the double friday was a killer, so was some of my English classes as well.
    You must have had plenty of time to meditate in those long sociology lessons about research methods
    Oh god English-if I could pick the books that I studied, life would have been a lot nicer

ReputationRep:
    You must have had plenty of time to meditate in those long sociology lessons about research methods
    Oh god English-if I could pick the books that I studied, life would have been a lot nicer
    Yes tell me about it. I do remember one of my classmates falling off to sleep in Sociology... says it all really

All the things we could of studied for English and we had to do the Canterbury Tales :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    If anyone wants to chat, I am Melanie, from Liverpool but live in Barnsley south Yorkshire.
    Soon to be 18!

ReputationRep:
    At least your not applying for awful summer jobs....I have a trial shift in the wonderful world of Roosters Piri Piri tomorrow
    I dunno man. I'm looking to get into graduate entry medicine next year, this means relevant work experience. The jobs I'm applying for generally involve working with the sick/elderly and wiping bums/cleaning up mess/getting people in and out of bed etc.

Kind of thing I'm willing to do as it's all part of the package if I want to work in medicine, you need to learn personal care from the ground up. Just not IDEAL, yano?

Seems like you have it all sorted. Congratulations on your graduation btw

Nice to hear from you... looks like I'm going to get it even tougher lol
    Cheers! Uni is a lot of fun though, join societies, join societies and while you're at uni make sure you join societies. I lived with 6/7 people throughout uni and only me and 1 other had ayn sort of social life outside of the housemates because we did sports. The rest did no clubs or anything and spoke to barely anyone on their course. It actually became a bit of an issue that me and the other guy who went out a lot were on the same course so had the same freinds from there, he did rugby and I did boxing/rowing. We both had several groups of freinds who we would go out with/do stuff seperately and the rest didn't, feel the sort of resented us for that in the end...

JUST MAKE SURE YOU JOIN A SOCIETY, doesnt HAVE to be sport if thats not your thing.
    (I digress)

Only had 4 hour lectures (5 hours once cause lecturer showed up an hour late saying he forgot he was teaching...just as I was about to leave too. He taught the whole 4 hours) because the Biology office at Potsmouth university couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and timetabled all our 2 hour lectures back to back. So, technically we would get like a 5 minute break in the middle of the 4 hours but that was about it

ReputationRep:
    Yes tell me about it. I do remember one of my classmates falling off to sleep in Sociology... says it all really

All the things we could of studied for English and we had to do the Canterbury Tales :facepalm:
    Not going to lie I had some pretty awesome naps in those lessons
    lool your teacher must have had some kind of grudge against you guys.
    Next year we're doing 'love across the ages'...not to be a cynic but I really cant be bothered with all of that 'undying love' stuff.
    that being said, I'm a bit of a sucker for Wuthering Heights.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno man. I'm looking to get into graduate entry medicine next year, this means relevant work experience. The jobs I'm applying for generally involve working with the sick/elderly and wiping bums/cleaning up mess/getting people in and out of bed etc.

Kind of thing I'm willing to do as it's all part of the package if I want to work in medicine, you need to learn personal care from the ground up. Just not IDEAL, yano?

Cheers! Uni is a lot of fun though, join societies, join societies and while you're at uni make sure you join societies. I lived with 6/7 people throughout uni and only me and 1 other had ayn sort of social life outside of the housemates because we did sports. The rest did no clubs or anything and spoke to barely anyone on their course. It actually became a bit of an issue that me and the other guy who went out a lot were on the same course so had the same freinds from there, he did rugby and I did boxing/rowing. We both had several groups of freinds who we would go out with/do stuff seperately and the rest didn't, feel the sort of resented us for that in the end...

JUST MAKE SURE YOU JOIN A SOCIETY, doesnt HAVE to be sport if thats not your thing.
    (I digress)

Only had 4 hour lectures (5 hours once cause lecturer showed up an hour late saying he forgot he was teaching...just as I was about to leave too. He taught the whole 4 hours) because the Biology office at Potsmouth university couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and timetabled all our 2 hour lectures back to back. So, technically we would get like a 5 minute break in the middle of the 4 hours but that was about it
    Yeah I was going to volunteer at a care home a couple of years back but I bottled it and went to Oxfam instead. I know it seems really annoying now, but if you just get through this year then you can go on to what you actually want. It'll all be worth it

ReputationRep:
    Hello buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie178)
    Hey,
    If anyone wants to chat, I am Melanie, from Liverpool but live in Barnsley south Yorkshire.
    Soon to be 18!
    18, everyone loves being 18 lol.

How are you? Having a good summer

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was going to volunteer at a care home a couple of years back but I bottled it and went to Oxfam instead. I know it seems really annoying now, but if you just get through this year then you can go on to what you actually want. It'll all be worth it
    Know whats funny. The night shifts pay more per hour than the day shifts.

Eight pence an hour more. Gun' get me some night shifts yo...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    Hello buddy
    Hello, how are you? Nice to meet you

Not going to lie I had some pretty awesome naps in those lessons
    lool your teacher must have had some kind of grudge against you guys.
    Next year we're doing 'love across the ages'...not to be a cynic but I really cant be bothered with all of that 'undying love' stuff.
    that being said, I'm a bit of a sucker for Wuthering Heights.
    Well at least you have one thing to be interested in if nothing else Yeah the love stuff is enough for anybody to fall asleep let alone having a god awful teacher who just makes it 10 times worse!.

(I digress)

lol your brain can only work tops 45mins, you poor guys.

I will deff make sure to join societies. Apparently there is a battle society and they do big historical battles out on the green. Think i might go join the Roman Legion, kill a few barbarians lol. Will hope to do more sport at uni too.

ReputationRep:
    Know whats funny. The night shifts pay more per hour than the day shifts.

Eight pence an hour more. Gun' get me some night shifts yo...:cool:
    I'm sure the lost sleep will be worth those extra pennies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.