Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Before you start have you heard the October 31st and December 25th joke?
    Nope, what's the joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    Nope, what's the joke?
    October 31st = Oct 31 (base number)
    December 25th = Decimal 25th (base number)

Oct 31 = Dec 25 just like 1001 (binary) = 9 (decimal) I think

ReputationRep:
    I'm jealous of you, I can't sleep for more than 5 hours. At first I was studying or BMAT and asked my parents for £60 for it, but now u cba to do it... and I cba to do sports either or anything.
    I know how you feel... Except for the sleep thing. I could sleep all day and night.

ReputationRep:
    I am dabbling here and there. My first year is a foundation year, meaning I will have already covered about 60% of the material, on my access course. I have a home study pre uni chemistry course to finish and half a course on Thermodynamics to finish (even though I won't really require this until my second year).

That will leave me pretty much covered for the foundation course. Then I can relax this year and go into the topics covered in much more depth. I will also be able to go through all my maths again upto and including Multivariable Calculus. Going to work through "The Theoretical Minimum (Newtonian Mechanics version, plus the latest edition Quantum Mechanics).

I want to get the best marks possible all the way through Uni, without having to sacrifice having a quality social life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEFeynman)
    I am dabbling here and there. My first year is a foundation year, meaning I will have already covered about 60% of the material, on my access course. I have a home study pre uni chemistry course to finish and half a course on Thermodynamics to finish (even though I won't really require this until my second year).

That will leave me pretty much covered for the foundation course. Then I can relax this year and go into the topics covered in much more depth. I will also be able to go through all my maths again upto and including Multivariable Calculus. Going to work through "The Theoretical Minimum (Newtonian Mechanics version, plus the latest edition Quantum Mechanics).

I want to get the best marks possible all the way through Uni, without having to sacrifice having a quality social life.
    What foundation degree are you doing? I'm considering to do one too for physics or engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloisx)
    I know how you feel... Except for the sleep thing. I could sleep all day and night.
    I'd love to swap body with you (not in the weird way )... but not sure you'd love saggy man boobs.

ReputationRep:
    What foundation degree are you doing? I'm considering to do one too for physics or engineering.
    BSc Physics with Foundation Year @ Durham University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrEFeynman)
    BSc Physics with Foundation Year @ Durham University.
    I have so much to ask :3 is the foundation year fun and hard? What was the interview like z(if you had one)? What's the required grade for it?

ReputationRep:
    I have so much to ask :3 is the foundation year fun and hard? What was the interview like z(if you had one)? What's the required grade for it?
    It is certainly more in depth and broader, than the Access Course. I don't start it until October though, so you will need to check back on this question.

There was no interview. My requirements were simply to pass my Access Course. I thought this was a mistake the first time I read it. Needless to say I sailed through the Access Course, acquiring mostly Distinctions, and a few Merits. Even though I didn't need these grades.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to swap body with you (not in the weird way )... but not sure you'd love saggy man boobs.
    I'm so flat chested I wouldn't mind feeling what it's like to have boobs for a day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    I brought new stationary, books and everything for the new academic year. Sat down, opened my books for two seconds and closed them back again. :lol:
    Buying stationery and books is the most exciting thing.

I don't even care if I sound sad, I genuinely love having new stationery and textbooks :P

I spent about half an hour looking through the pictures in my new Gray's Anatomy cause they're so lovely and colourful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    I'm not but I probably should. You have 3+ years to study why do it now? Enjoy your free time while you have it.
    I usually go by this motto...especially in first year can't stress this enough since you only need 40% to pass.

I've got a module in second year though that is specifically about analyzing multiple old and renowned political texts and can't help but think If I don't read them I'll be far behind when my second year starts, I'm scared everyone else on my course will have read them except me :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    I usually go by this motto...especially in first year can't stress this enough since you only need 40% to pass.

I've got a module in second year though that is specifically about analyzing multiple old and renowned political texts and can't help but think If I don't read them I'll be far behind when my second year starts, I'm scared everyone else on my course will have read them except me :unsure:
    In that case you should read them, and if nobody else has then you've got the advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)

THIS
    This is what my flatmates did in first year, pile upon pile of plates left for so long the food residue stuck to the plates and thus the only viable option was to throw them out.
    This is why I only bring one plate so I'm forced into washing it everyday in order to use it again the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamyers1)
    Buying stationery and books is the most exciting thing.

I don't even care if I sound sad, I genuinely love having new stationery and textbooks :P

I spent about half an hour looking through the pictures in my new Gray's Anatomy cause they're so lovely and colourful!
    I bid books on e-bay and get haps when I win. :ahee:

Grays ? pfffffffffftttttt..

I've moved onto the big boys books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloisx)
    I'm so flat chested I wouldn't mind feeling what it's like to have boobs for a day
    Flat is justice! Saggy hairy weird nippled boobs aren't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil08)
    I bid books on e-bay and get haps when I win. :ahee:

Grays ? pfffffffffftttttt..

I've moved onto the big boys books.
    What do you mean big boys books, have you seen the size of the thing? Haha!

My physiology and cell textbooks are the worst, I can barely read the writing it's so small. Not touching them till I go back to uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamyers1)
    What do you mean big boys books, have you seen the size of the thing? Haha!

My physiology and cell textbooks are the worst, I can barely read the writing it's so small. Not touching them till I go back to uni!
    You're a rookie, bless.

Kumar & Clark, Harrison's, Davidson ?

ReputationRep:
    Flat is justice! Saggy hairy weird nippled boobs aren't.
    Aha, I'm sure you're exaggerating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Is anyone doing this right now?

Revising

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.