Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you a summer or winter person? Watch

• View Poll Results: What do you prefer?
    Summer
    26.98%
    Winter
    73.02%

ReputationRep:
    I love Summer- the longer days, the trees with leaves on, the warm weather, the smells of sun cream and strawberries, and I also love the long holiday.

I also love Christmas, with its lights and excitement and food, but after Christmas, Winter is a bit rubbish, really.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not a summer person, it's too hot!

ReputationRep:
    Summer, as winters in this country have no redeeming features. All the people complaining that it's too hot should remind themselves it only lasts a few days anyway. We're not exactly Dubai here!

ReputationRep:
    Summer by far. I really like the heat, unlike most people. There's also less of an effort to look good.

ReputationRep:
    Autumn is the best time of year hands down.

Plus, that's when Halloween is :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying when I have to work and can't sit out and enjoy the warmth but I generally prefer Summer. I feel the cold really easily so Winter is my idea of hell. I hate the rain, the dark evenings and I've worked for a supermarket the last 5 Christmases, so generally Winter = a lot more work to do. I also spend less money in summer if I don't have a holiday booked.

One thing I hate about summer is air con in work, shops and on public transport, it's usually way too cold!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Winter definitely!!!
    Can't stand this heat right now....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Winter please!

ReputationRep:
    Autmn is clearly the best but out of those two winter everyday.

i'm the guy you see walking around in tshirt and shorts in the snow. i don't feel the cold but put me outside in 20 deg C and i'm dying, sweat pouring off my face etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I love the summer! It's much harder to find an excuse to eat ice cream in the winter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Generally I'm a 'the opposite of what season it actually is' person.
    This!

I will always find something to moan about I like Christmas, but other than that in the winter there is not much to look forward to - it's wet, gets dark too early, looks gloomy and can be cold. However in the summer I can sunbathe on the beach and it's my birthday however I suffer badly from hayfever which is a nightmare and I can never get a good nights sleep because it's too hot!

Winter.

ReputationRep:
      Winter.

I cannot stand the heat during Summer nor do I care much for the fashion. I prefer cold winter mornings, the comfort felt when having to layer clothing and the 'warmth' that the season brings (Christmas, hot drinks etc..). I also enjoy the darker afternoons for some strange reason.
      • Peer Support Volunteers
      • Reporter Team
      • Study Helper
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Winter.

It's just such a cosy time of year. Big coats, hats, scarf, celebrations, snow and snuggling up in so many blankets because it's cold.

ReputationRep:
      Winner all the way it gets to hot in the summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I think a better question would be "Do you ever leave the house?"

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.