Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Libyan girl finally made a TSR account! AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L.L.O.R.T)
    Vain
    ?

(Original post by Secretnerd123)
    But aren't there black arabs (sudanese, moroccans etc.) why would an arab look down on those other arabs just because of their colour?

And sorry just realised you asked me a question earlier. I have the same views as you
    Because Arabs are ignorant and arrogant. In my language, I think the work black literally means slave, so when we say 'Hey black person come here' we're actually saying 'Hey slave come here'.

Most of the Arab countries don't even class Sudanese people as Arab and Moroccans speak half French lol so the Arab world despises them as well.

These aren't my views by the way, it's just what I've picked up being amongst Arab people.

(Original post by Maura Kat)
    can you be specific as to why blacks are looked down upon in Saudi?
    do you think those reasons are justified?

are you surprised that blacks in the UK have more freedom and leeway?
    as compared to those in Saudi?
    Not at all, its not justified, it's pretty stupid.
    Blacks in the UK have way more freedom, and am I surprised? not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arab Beauty)
    ?

Because Arabs are ignorant and arrogant. In my language, I think the work black literally means slave, so when we say 'Hey black person come here' we're actually saying 'Hey slave come here'.

Most of the Arab countries don't even class Sudanese people as Arab and Moroccans speak half French lol so the Arab world despises them as well.

These aren't my views by the way, it's just what I've picked up being amongst Arab people.
    oh thats sad. But why despise them just because of the language they speak? Are moroccans considered black by other arabs because I've met some who could easily pass for blacks wheras others are light skinned

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, its not justified, it's pretty stupid.
    Blacks in the UK have way more freedom, and am I surprised? not really.
    what differences are there between blacks in Saudi and those in UK?

ReputationRep:
    'Arab Beauty' JHEEZE, you must think your s*** don't stink LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oh thats sad. But why despise them just because of the language they speak? Are moroccans considered black by other arabs because I've met some who could easily pass for blacks wheras others are light skinned
    Haha thats Arabs for you! It's because their dialect is half French half Arabic and people just think they think they're better.

(Original post by Maura Kat)
    what differences are there between blacks in Saudi and those in UK?
    Those in Saudi are way way more tolerant, apart from that nothing.
    (Original post by Reptilian)
    'Arab Beauty' JHEEZE, you must think your s*** don't stink LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't ****.....

Lol why is everyone hating on my user??

ReputationRep:
    Who are your favourite posters then? Why'd you decide to stop being a stalker?

ReputationRep:
    Haha thats Arabs for you! It's because their dialect is half French half Arabic and people just think they think they're better.

er??
    Hahah wow. But are they considered black?

ReputationRep:
    I don't wish death on anyone so I'd rather he was imprisoned for life but yeah I'm happy that he got removed from his position.
    why do you think he deserved to live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Who are your favourite posters then? Why'd you decide to stop being a stalker?
    My favourite poster has to probably be.... Makaveli_The_Don, such an elaborate troll.
    Hahah wow. But are they considered black?
    No they aren't.
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    why do you think he deserved to live?
    I personally don't think killing someone is right.

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't think killing someone is right.
    that's not answering the question, that's just restating the position I'm specifically asking about

ReputationRep:
    that's not answering the question, that's just restating the position I'm specifically asking about
    This isn't about him but more of a general question, I believe in life and not death, I think that people deserve a second chance and to be shown the light. We can't judge people because we have never been in their shoes and don't know their journey.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think I'm ready to wear one yet. Do you?
    No. I used to when I was younger then got into the wrong friend group. Everyone looks stunning in it but I just look uglier, and I know that's no excuse but it puts me off
    I love the turban style but since it wouldn't suit someone like me I'd wear the hijab in the 2nd pic.
    What style do you prefer?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This isn't about him but more of a general question, I believe in life and not death, I think that people deserve a second chance and to be shown the light. We can't judge people because we have never been in their shoes and don't know their journey.
    why give heartless, sadistic murders that much leniency? do you realise how many people he tortured and how many people's lives he ruined beyond belief? how the heck did that murdering psychopath deserve a second chance? did hitler deserve a second chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    No. I used to when I was younger then got into the wrong friend group. Everyone looks stunning in it but I just look uglier, and I know that's no excuse but it puts me off
    I love the turban style but since it wouldn't suit someone like me I'd wear the hijab in the 2nd pic.
    What style do you prefer?
    Aww, what happened? Yeah we've all been there, being associated with the wrong group of friends isn't nice, I always try and stay with my hijabi friends, they've kept me on the straight and narrow, can't thank them enough.

I prefer the second to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    why give heartless, sadistic murders that much leniency? do you realise how many people he tortured and how many people's lives he ruined beyond belief? how the heck did that murdering psychopath deserve a second chance? did hitler deserve a second chance?
    Leniency? I don't think saying 'you shouldn't die' is leniency. Yes he killed a lot of people, I'm not condoning what he did but what me/you know of him is what we've been told of him. I haven't met the person and I don't think you have either. And by second chance I don't mean a 'get out of jail free card' I mean to be educated and reformed.

ReputationRep:
    Did you support the deposing of a stable yet dictatorial government that brought the Libyans a lot of good and helped them gain a lot of wealth and prosperity in order for them to be replaced by a US backed Jihadi force in a move that would undoubtedly have something for the US to gain in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reptilian)
    Did you support the deposing of a stable yet dictatorial government that brought the Libyans a lot of good and helped them gain a lot of wealth and prosperity in order for them to be replaced by a US backed Jihadi force in a move that would undoubtedly have something for the US to gain in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gaddafi had to go... so yes I guess. What happened afterwards was inevitable though wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, what happened? Yeah we've all been there, being associated with the wrong group of friends isn't nice, I always try and stay with my hijabi friends, they've kept me on the straight and narrow, can't thank them enough.

I prefer the second to be honest.
    That friend group was non-muslim and mostly 'liberal muslims', you know? Being with them just influenced me into wearing the wrong things (not anymore, don't worry ) and I've always thought hijabs don't suit me so that was it. I also don't like being pushed into things, so my mum constantly asking me about wearing one doesn't help either

I didn't mean out of those 2 pics, I meant what style do you prefer overall?

ReputationRep:
    Can I bite you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narcotica)
    That friend group was non-muslim and mostly 'liberal muslims', you know? Being with them just influenced me into wearing the wrong things (not anymore, don't worry ) and I've always thought hijabs don't suit me so that was it. I also don't like being pushed into things, so my mum constantly asking me about wearing one doesn't help either

I didn't mean out of those 2 pics, I meant what style do you prefer overall?
    Oh well it's good that you're no longer friends with them.

I'm seriously worried about uni, I'm hoping there will be girls with the same mindset as me but I don't think there will be be a lot of Muslim girls at Imperial.. let alone hijabis.

Personally I really like this style:
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.