Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is this not the most aesthetic male body? (n-n-no nuthug) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    You lot have a piss poor understanding of anatomy in general, a muscle 'belly' is the portion of the muscle that gives it its distinctive 'bulging' shape, yet somehow you have managed to confuse this with his actually belly/torso... I wasn't talking about his abs/belly, i was talking about the shapes of his muscle bellies, meaning his deltoids, pecs etc...

What planet are you on? I even gave you the correct anatomical definition of what a muscle belly is, yet you still didn't understand.

You have no place i this argument clearly.
    I have a degree in genetics, actually...Currently doing a Masters and beginning my PhD in January...

-yawn-

Anyway, you cannot find 'muscle bellies' in the dictionary, the urban dictionary nor even Wikipedia. Know where you find it? In those forums for people trying to build muscle. You find all sort of nonsensical terms in lots of forums.

All of that is irrelevant anyway...Without steroids, he probably wouldn't have had a fat percentage that low leading to such fantastic muscle "bellies" to stand out so much. I am sorry to criticise your dream fiance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BestProfileName)
    I have a degree in genetics, actually...Currently doing a Masters and beginning my PhD in January...

-yawn-

Anyway, you cannot find 'muscle bellies' in the dictionary, the urban dictionary nor even Wikipedia. Know where you find it? In those forums for people trying to build muscle. You find all sort of nonsensical terms in lots of forums.

All of that is irrelevant anyway...Without steroids, he probably wouldn't have had a fat percentage that low leading to such fantastic muscle "bellies" to stand out so much. I am sorry to criticise your dream fiance.
    http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/belly

Anyone can have a physique with a bodyfat as low as he had without steroid use, im surprised you dont know this, given your studying genetics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doob)
    http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/belly

Anyone can have a physique with a bodyfat as low as he had without steroid use, im surprised you dont know this, given your studying genetics.
    Oh one of those "free" dictionaries where you can pretty much put in any word that a bunch of people use in a forum.

To be fair, I did find a scientific paper from 1986 with the term: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3723622

It's extraordinary that they would choose such a term.

As for your message, I agree, but then anyone can get lung cancer if they do not smoke...It doesn't change the fact it helps.

Basic point is this: phenotype = genotype + environment

His environment was wickedly skewed by steroid use and as such it cannot be known for sure if what we see is just due to his genetics; they must be good, sure, but we can't say more than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BestProfileName)
    Oh one of those "free" dictionaries where you can pretty much put in any word that a bunch of people use in a forum.

To be fair, I did find a scientific paper from 1986 with the term: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3723622

It's extraordinary that they would choose such a term.

As for your message, I agree, but then anyone can get lung cancer if they do not smoke...It doesn't change the fact it helps.

Basic point is this: phenotype = genotype + environment

His environment was wickedly skewed by steroid use and as such it cannot be known for sure if what we see is just due to his genetics; they must be good, sure, but we can't say more than that.
    He abused PED's, but that would not cause structural changes in the actual shape of his muscles. Look at any pro bodybuilder, you can still recognize the distinctive shapes that their certain muscle groups have, Ronnie Coleman has always had sloping pectoral muscles ever since he was young child in his earliest photo's. The only difference is that they got larger.

I get where your coming from by saying he doesn't have 'genetics of the god's' meaning there is nothing special at all about his ability to build muscle, 'genetics of the gods' is simply a slang term for the distinctive shapes of muscle groups that some people have, that may be deemed quite unique, when compared to other people carrying a similar amount of muscle mass.

ReputationRep:
    Randy orton has a decent body

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    No. I think he looks awful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.