Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IS IT JUST ME or are women getting bigger these days? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaciturnPhantom)
    Yeah, it does suck. I'm stuck at 4"10.

I'll never find a girl as short as me...
    4'10'' male? good night sweet prince

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    4'10'' male? good night sweet prince

It's not that bad. I'm at least taller than my eldest Chinese cousin, and that's great! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think girls are getting taller.. I'm 5"9 and I tower above my friends! The majority of boys I've been with have been shorter than me, not by much, but still!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckkkkkkky_)
    I don't think girls are getting taller.. I'm 5"9 and I tower above my friends! The majority of boys I've been with have been shorter than me, not by much, but still!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the height of the tallest girl in your school?

ReputationRep:
    Well, statistically, average heights and weights are increasing all the time in developed countries. I doubt it happened overnight, though... Perhaps you just live in a particularly nordic/athletically-inclined area??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aivicore)
    Well, statistically, average heights and weights are increasing all the time in developed countries. I doubt it happened overnight, though... Perhaps you just live in a particularly nordic/athletically-inclined area??
    I live in a highly populated and ethnically diverse area... a 6'3 girl is NOT a rare sight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDuperNoob)
    I live in a highly populated and ethnically diverse area... a 6'3 girl is NOT a rare sight...
    That does surprise me. I live in the centre of Manchester, and it's rare that I ever spot someone taller than me (I'm a 6'1 girl).

Maybe you have a case of Baader-Meinhof - I.e. Once you started to notice girls' heights, you become more aware of them and appear to encounter them more often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aivicore)
    That does surprise me. I live in the centre of Manchester, and it's rare that I ever spot someone taller than me (I'm a 6'1 girl).

Maybe you have a case of Baader-Meinhof - I.e. Once you started to notice girls' heights, you become more aware of them and appear to encounter them more often.
    Already 4-5 girls over 6 feet in this thread... obviously, I'm right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDuperNoob)
    I'm a 6'1 guy
    Could you please use the metric system? Come on, it's the 21st century, pull it together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrisCussans)
    Could you please use the metric system? Come on, it's the 21st century, pull it together.
    185cm

ReputationRep:
    Women just seem significantly HUGER these days... and strong too....

*I'm scared*

ReputationRep:
    I've already seen 8 girls taller than me today! O_O

One of them was like 6'5. Her hand was as big as my torso

*bites nails*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.