Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WWYD: save the last genetically diverse female lions on earth or a complete stranger? Watch

• View Poll Results: What would you do? Save...
    Lion cubs
    62.50%
    Stranger
    32.81%
    Neither
    4.69%

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, while I may post here with the answer of saving the lion cubs, if I were in the situation I'd probably go for the stranger out of instinct.

That said, I feel incredibly uneasy with most people here letting the lion species die out, and generally this pecking order people have whereby human life is on top, and moving down the ladder one would find the less 'cute' the animals are the less anyone cares about them. Call me crazy but I think animals have rights. Tom Regan espouses the argument for this in a better way than I could:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Case_for_Animal_Rights
    • TSR Community Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)

That said, I feel incredibly uneasy with most people here letting the lion species die out, and generally this pecking order people have whereby human life is on top, and moving down the ladder one would find the less 'cute' the animals are the less anyone cares about them. Call me crazy but I think animals have rights. Tom Regan espouses the argument for this in a better way than I could:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Case_for_Animal_Rights
    Not crazy, they do have rights and it's nice for those of us who believe in that to remind each other there are more people out there who believe that.

Funnily enough, totally random but I watched the new Noah movie on Sunday and basically, it's this question on a massive scale in a blockbuster movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miscounted_time)
    And live the rest of your days like a king

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A lion king :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If my loved one was the one competing with the lion for your salvation, I would of course wish you to choose to save my precious loved one over the lion.

Therefore I will choose to also save the human, someone else's loved one, over the lion.

I don't believe it is right for me to hope that my loved one be saved, and yet at the same time not save someone else's loved one when I have the opportunity to do so.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.