700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joannywhite)
    Yup MMI. There were 7 stations and one of them was an acting station. We were divided into groups depending on when our interviews started. You get 7 people in one room and u basically rotate from one station to another. Kinda like speed dating
    I thought most of the interviewers were quite friendly
    Expect anything lol
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds okay. Any random questions? Did they use your personal statement a lot?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMJ_1996)
    Yeah I live quite close to London. I have emailed them but my message failed because of some reason idek. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow
    That's strange! Yeah it's worth a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vee_wuvshugs)
    That sounds okay. Any random questions? Did they use your personal statement a lot?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions
    I would say the questions were pretty much basic or general. They don't use the ps pre interview but they do use it to learn more abt u when u get invited for interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Level entry requirements have been changed on the website. Please make sure u call up the uni or email them if u are not sure your grades meet the requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of applying! I meet the minimum standards, and I got a UKCAT score of 700

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    Thinking of applying! I meet the minimum standards, and I got a UKCAT score of 700
    Go for it mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Could someone please help me

My stats are:
    UKCAT: 685
    GCSE's: I don't live in the UK so I haven't taken the GCSE's. But I do have the certificate of the 10th standard. A* in all subjects
    A-levels: I will be taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths, English and German. They should all be A* too. (we don't have A*, but I think it's the equivalent)
    I'm also very interested in chemistry. I have participated in many competitions.

work experience:
    2 weeks at a hospital
    several weeks at a GP's office

my Personal Statement should be okay-ish.

Would they consider me ? Or should I look at other unis?

Any help is appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NsT3N12)
    Hey!
    Could someone please help me

My stats are:
    UKCAT: 685
    GCSE's: I don't live in the UK so I haven't taken the GCSE's. But I do have the certificate of the 10th standard. A* in all subjects
    A-levels: I will be taking Chemistry, Biology, Maths, English and German. They should all be A* too. (we don't have A*, but I think it's the equivalent)
    I'm also very interested in chemistry. I have participated in many competitions.

work experience:
    2 weeks at a hospital
    several weeks at a GP's office

my Personal Statement should be okay-ish.

Would they consider me ? Or should I look at other unis?

Any help is appreciated
    They will consider the equivalent of your qualifications and if it meets their mini entry requirements ull be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They will consider the equivalent of your qualifications and if it meets their mini entry requirements ull be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey! Thanks is there anything I should look out for ?

ReputationRep:
    hey! Thanks is there anything I should look out for ?
    Sorry im not sure what u mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry im not sure what u mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do they put a great emphasis on voluntary work/personal statement/...?

ReputationRep:
    Do they put a great emphasis on voluntary work/personal statement/...?
    Oh right. SGUL don't look at ps before the interview but they use it to find out more about u when u are invited for one. They will ask u to fill out a work experience form so make sure u have contacts for ur work experience supervisors and all that. If u meet the academic requirements and the ukcat cutoff, > they'll invite u for an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. SGUL don't look at ps before the interview but they use it to find out more about u when u are invited for one. They will ask u to fill out a work experience form so make sure u have contacts for ur work experience supervisors and all that. If u meet the academic requirements and the ukcat cutoff, > they'll invite u for an interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh OK ... thank you so much
    And the work experience Form. Should I already have it done before the 15th of October or will I be informed afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    Oh OK ... thank you so much
    And the work experience Form. Should I already have it done before the 15th of October or will I be informed afterwards?
    Dont worry abt it. Ull get it if u get an invite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry abt it. Ull get it if u get an invite

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Definitely applying here.

Stats:
    5a* 4a 2b
    aaaa and d3
    680 avg

Does this mean I get an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackC96)
    I'm starting at SGUL in September so please ask me if you have any questions about the application process!
    Hi, I'm hoping to apply for 2015 but I am stuck deciding between St. Georges because of the interview. Because a lot of people get interviews there is a lower success rate of getting a place and so I wanted to ask what your experience was of the interview??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pumuki63)
    Hi, I'm hoping to apply for 2015 but I am stuck deciding between St. Georges because of the interview. Because a lot of people get interviews there is a lower success rate of getting a place and so I wanted to ask what your experience was of the interview??
    Hi,
    Sorry to butt in
    Ok I was interviewed last year and I'm not gonna lie the interview was tough. But all med school interviews are tough if you think about it. The success rate does not depend on the number of people who get invited for interview. They only invite the top 600. It depends on your interview score only. If your score meets the threshold, u will get an offer. You would have to work on your interviewing skills to meet this threshold if not u'll be rejected or placed on the waiting list.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Decided to quote you on here instead.
    Yes I have done my ukcat. I got 627.5 average.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Decided to quote you on here instead.
    Yes I have done my ukcat. I got 627.5 average.
    Hmm it's really does seem ukcat scores have dropped this year :/ good luck with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.