Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    Priority re-marks are for people who need an answer in a few days, you do not so don't clog the system up for people who may miss on a university place if they don't get the answer in time. The sensible option would be to go for a priority script now and discuss it with your teacher at the beginning of term but you could always go straight for a re-mark (not a priority one) if you want. If you order it now it will probably be back before th beginning of term anyway.
    Okay fair enough, how do I go about this? I've emailed my school's exams officer but have had no reply as of yet. I'd rather go straight for a normal remark, but I'm not sure how without waiting to go back to school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blank786)
    I've had the same problem for my biology unit 5 exam. I've asked for a copy of the script
    Me too - I unfortunately achieved a U overall for unit 5. I honestly didnt think it would have gone THAT horrific.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by All_TheCyanide)
    Okay fair enough, how do I go about this? I've emailed my school's exams officer but have had no reply as of yet. I'd rather go straight for a normal remark, but I'm not sure how without waiting to go back to school.
    I'm afraid it's entirely up to how you school runs things. (There are plenty of school where you can do post results by the same system they use for paying for school trips, dinners etc, e.g. Parentpay so you can do it on line). It you look at the paperwork you were given with your results (or your school website) it should tell you what you need to do. If not, then your exam officer will be in school to process the GCSE results on Wednesday and you could go and ask her then if you've not heard anything.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting my AQA CHEM5 paper remarked. It's strange because I thought it went just as well as CHEM4 which I scored a raw score of 93/100 but apparently I only got 69/100 in CHEM5, I rarely got below 85 or 90 in past papers so I don't know what happened. Do you think it is possible that AQA made a mistake or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <*(((><)
    I'm getting my AQA CHEM5 paper remarked. It's strange because I thought it went just as well as CHEM4 which I scored a raw score of 93/100 but apparently I only got 69/100 in CHEM5, I rarely got below 85 or 90 in past papers so I don't know what happened. Do you think it is possible that AQA made a mistake or something?
    You could always get a copy of the script back to see first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nmanvi)
    if its 1 ums off then yea go for a remark
    Right ok then I'll do it when I go back to college, it sucks because I have huge handwriting and didn't finish the answers off on the actual paper I finished them off on extra paper I doubt this was an issue but I was so sure I did so well

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.