Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2014-2015) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    What's everyone been up to this summer, then?
    I went to HyperJapan (Japanese exhibition thingy) and a free Japanese lesson. Then I went to Chinatown. I've been studying a lot of Mandarin (got an exam next week Saturday) and playing Sims 3 - it's my guilty pleasure I've been baking quite a lot and went to a week long baking class last week. That's pretty much it... Not very eventful. What have you been up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marii101)
    I went to HyperJapan (Japanese exhibition thingy) and a free Japanese lesson. Then I went to Chinatown. I've been studying a lot of Mandarin (got an exam next week Saturday) and playing Sims 3 - it's my guilty pleasure I've been baking quite a lot and went to a week long baking class last week. That's pretty much it... Not very eventful. What have you been up to?
    That's pretty cool. I love Sims 3! I downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Edition recently as well since they had it going for free as a 10-year anniversary thing. I got the Sims 4 Create-A-Sim demo too XD

(Original post by nox1)
    I've done some work experience at a vet practice and also some at a stables, and I've done a lot of baking when I'm bored. :L been trying out new recipes. I've done a teeny bit of revision, too, and tomorrow I'm going up to Liverpool for a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humzaawan123)
    How do you feel about working with patients and being social ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd like it. Either way I want to help people. But I don't know if I'd be able to tell someone they're dying and I think I'd feel really guilty if I thought I didn't do enough to savs them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    That's pretty cool. I love Sims 3! I downloaded Sims 2 Ultimate Edition recently as well since they had it going for free as a 10-year anniversary thing. I got the Sims 4 Create-A-Sim demo too XD
    Do you have expansion packs/stuff packs? If so, which ones do you have? I have World of Adventures, Generations, Ambitions, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Pets, Seasons, Late Night and University. I personally view stuff packs as being a waste of money.
    I was going to download that but then had second thoughts and then changed my mind again but I think it was only free to download for a certain time frame? I have the Sims 4 Create-A-Sim demo too! It looks really good (minus the lack of custom content). Will you be buying the Sims 4 this September?

EDIT: Sorry! I totally did not read your other quote! You bake too? What kind of things have you been making? Oh so you want to be a vet? When I think of vets I think of nature-loving-caring-happy people XD What've you been doing revision for? And do you have any results to pick up this coming Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    My year 11 timetable was just put on the school website, for some reason it feels like it's about 75% maths and science

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Ooh wow, how did it go?
    Very archaeological, I take it you want to be an archaeologist (seems like you already are, though )? Haha yeah I'm pretty pale too XD

I've done some work experience at a vet practice and also some at a stables, and I've done a lot of baking when I'm bored. :L been trying out new recipes. I've done a teeny bit of revision, too, and tomorrow I'm going up to Liverpool for a week.
    What kind of things do you bake? I've made scones and Victoria sponge. I enjoy my schools food tech lessons and sometimes I try them out at home

I came 7th and I was given a BMC badge so I can now join BMC ( cerificied British mountaineering events) I would love to become a researcher/ senior member for the British Archaeologists association and possibly an Archaeology lecturer.

Haha I would consider myself a beginner nearing junior status

What are your career aspirations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    My year 11 timetable was just put on the school website, for some reason it feels like it's about 75% maths and science

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You get your timetables posted?:eek: Every year we come into school on the first day and go straight to our form (as we don't have timetables) then we get our timetables (many of which may not even be correct:rolleyes:) and start the school day late. In my school you have Maths, Science and English 4 times a week starting from Yr 10 (It was only 3 times a week in Yr 9). (The only day we don't have it is Wednesday:rolleyes:) It doesn't help that each period is 1h 10 mins either.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    you said 11 threads?
    I was meant to say 11 pages. My bad

ReputationRep:
    Ohh how I'm dreading timetable changes

Takes me about a term before im used to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Archaeologist)
    I was meant to say 11 pages. My bad
    I think that thread is very fun right now it's boring...

ReputationRep:
    You get your timetables posted?:eek: Every year we come into school on the first day and go straight to our form (as we don't have timetables) then we get our timetables (many of which may not even be correct:rolleyes:) and start the school day late. In my school you have Maths, Science and English 4 times a week starting from Yr 10 (It was only 3 times a week in Yr 9). (The only day we don't have it is Wednesday:rolleyes:) It doesn't help that each period is 1h 10 mins either.:mad:
    We start our next years timetable 3 weeks before the 6 weeks so I've got tonnes of Y11 work to do ove rthe summer. Everyine does 1 yr gcses at my school as well so I'm not doing any of the same lessons as last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you have expansion packs/stuff packs? If so, which ones do you have? I have World of Adventures, Generations, Ambitions, Supernatural, Island Paradise, Pets, Seasons, Late Night and University. I personally view stuff packs as being a waste of money.
    I was going to download that but then had second thoughts and then changed my mind again but I think it was only free to download for a certain time frame? I have the Sims 4 Create-A-Sim demo too! It looks really good (minus the lack of custom content). Will you be buying the Sims 4 this September?

EDIT: Sorry! I totally did not read your other quote! You bake too? What kind of things have you been making? Oh so you want to be a vet? When I think of vets I think of nature-loving-caring-happy people XD What've you been doing revision for? And do you have any results to pick up this coming Thursday?
    For Sims 3, I have High-End Loft Stuff and Late Night (they came as a Sims 3 'Starter Pack'), and the Sims 2 edition had all the expansion/stuff packs. For Sims 3, I liked the looks of Generations and Ambitions, but never actually bought them XD
    Yeah, it was free until the end of July, I believe. It took like 3 days to download
    It is pretty good! I probably won't buy it, maybe in a year or so when the price has dropped. :L What about you?

It's fine haha I've made brownies, an apple and caramel layer cake, vanilla cupcakes and peanut butter fudge. You?
    Haha, I do indeed! What do you plan to do in the future?
    I'm just revising generally everything we did last year so I don't forget it all before mocks in December/January! No I didn't do any exams this year, did you?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh how I'm dreading timetable changes

Takes me about a term before im used to it
    Seriously? It takes me about two weeks :P

ReputationRep:
    What kind of things do you bake? I've made scones and Victoria sponge. I enjoy my schools food tech lessons and sometimes I try them out at home

I came 7th and I was given a BMC badge so I can now join BMC ( cerificied British mountaineering events) I would love to become a researcher/ senior member for the British Archaeologists association and possibly an Archaeology lecturer.

Haha I would consider myself a beginner nearing junior status

What are your career aspirations?
    I'm trying out lots of different things, so far this holiday I've made brownies, a caramel apple layer cake, peanut butter fudge and vanilla cupcakes. Sounds nice, I wish our school did cooking >.>
    That's really cool!
    Haha sounds good :cool:
    I hope to be a vet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathalieGW)
    Seriously? It takes me about two weeks :P
    I'm forgetful idk it just takes a while to get in a routine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    We start our next years timetable 3 weeks before the 6 weeks so I've got tonnes of Y11 work to do ove rthe summer. Everyine does 1 yr gcses at my school as well so I'm not doing any of the same lessons as last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, that's really unique. It seems that your school puts a lot of pressure on its students. It might not be a bad thing though, since you have a bit of a head start when you get into Yr11. Though when I think of holidays I firstly think of not having to worry about anything school related/do any work until school starts again. Hopefully you've had enough rest time and haven't been too bogged down in your school work!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's really unique. It seems that your school puts a lot of pressure on its students. It might not be a bad thing though, since you have a bit of a head start when you get into Yr11. Though when I think of holidays I firstly think of not having to worry about anything school related/do any work until school starts again. Hopefully you've had enough rest time and haven't been too bogged down in your school work!
    Tbh I kind of enjoy not lying round bored 4 weeks in like everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm forgetful idk it just takes a while to get in a routine
    What's your school like? To be fair I did lose my timetable once last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    For Sims 3, I have High-End Loft Stuff and Late Night (they came as a Sims 3 'Starter Pack'), and the Sims 2 edition had all the expansion/stuff packs. For Sims 3, I liked the looks of Generations and Ambitions, but never actually bought them XD
    Yeah, it was free until the end of July, I believe. It took like 3 days to download
    It is pretty good! I probably won't buy it, maybe in a year or so when the price has dropped. :L What about you?

It's fine haha I've made brownies, an apple and caramel layer cake, vanilla cupcakes and peanut butter fudge. You?
    Haha, I do indeed! What do you plan to do in the future?
    I'm just revising generally everything we did last year so I don't forget it all before mocks in December/January! No I didn't do any exams this year, did you?
    When I had Sims 2, I only had 2 or 3 of the stuff packs but had all of the expansions apart from University (I wanted it soooo bad! Hence why I got it in Sims 3). Generations doesn't really do that much for the game tbh Ambitions makes more of a difference due to the new careers and skills that are attainable.
    Ugh, I missed it.:mad: Haha, it must have been! That's like 12 gigs of Sims content:eek: Sims 2 was a really good game though!
    I definitely won't be buying it this year. Apart from CAS, it seems that the game is half developed. No pools or toddlers and the loading screens are back:rolleyes: I want to see what EA will do in terms of expansion packs before making any decisions. Sims 3 is currently very comfortable for me right now.
    I've made brownies, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, swiss roll and a pineapple upside down cake. What you've made sounds delish!
    Umm, I'm really undecided right now. I have a lot of interests and a lot of things that I'm good at. I haven't found a career path that I think will suit me and my interests yet. Hopefully I will soon!
    Oh, that's pretty clever. Yeah, I did Maths, Religious Studies and Ethics, French, Additional Science and English Digital Communications this year (9 exams in total). I'm waiting on Thursday to see what I get! What do you plan to do for A Level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Tbh I kind of enjoy not lying round bored 4 weeks in like everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's true! Though this summer I haven't been as bored as before. Maybe it's because I've actually had places to go and things to do and also things that I never get bored of doing!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.