Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met my husband on TSR and we now have a 9 week old baby... AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    9lbs exactly

White British
    But werent you raised in india with a tamil aunt?

ReputationRep:
    9lbs exactly

White British

Sometimes if I am lucky! But we now have a dishwasher so not too bad!
    :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    But werent you raised in india with a tamil aunt?
    I had a tamil nanny (childminder). My dad is a virologist so we moved there for a year because he was working on the development of a vaccination campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    How'd you choose the name Isaac?
    We wanted a biblical name and quite liked the significance of the story of how Isaac was born in the bible (a long awaited child). We also liked the fact that the name means to laugh. Plus we really struggled to find a name we both liked!

ReputationRep:
    We wanted a biblical name and quite liked the significance of the story of how Isaac was born in the bible (a long awaited child). We also liked the fact that the name means to laugh. Plus we really struggled to find a name we both liked!
    Was David not an option? It meets all your criteria. You can call number 2 David

David meaning and name origin

David \d(a)-vid\ as a boy's name is pronounced DAY-vid. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of David is "beloved". Biblical: one of the most remarkable personalities in the Scriptures. David was a shepherd, musician, poet, soldier, statesman, prophet, and king. He wrote about half of the Psalms and very likely composed music for them as well. He is the only David mentioned in the Bible; his name occurs there more than a thousand times. Today there are variants of the name in almost every language group

Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meanin...wREK0DgZeKR.99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Cultural differences, apparently. I wasn't the right nationality.

She Somali?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusSeizure)
    She Somali?
    I'm not going to give the nationality away but no she wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Was David not an option? It meets all your criteria. You can call number 2 David

David meaning and name origin

David \d(a)-vid\ as a boy's name is pronounced DAY-vid. It is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of David is "beloved". Biblical: one of the most remarkable personalities in the Scriptures. David was a shepherd, musician, poet, soldier, statesman, prophet, and king. He wrote about half of the Psalms and very likely composed music for them as well. He is the only David mentioned in the Bible; his name occurs there more than a thousand times. Today there are variants of the name in almost every language group

Read more at http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meanin...wREK0DgZeKR.99

David is a lovely name. It is also my dads name and my husbands dads name which would have been lovely. Unfortunately though it was the name of my serious boyfriend before I got together with my husband so that kind of ruled it out as a first name. However I wouldn't rule it out as a middle name in the future!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    I'm not going to give the nationality away but no she wasn't.
    Dat's deep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did your husband propose to you?

ReputationRep:
    I thought Muslims can't date?

(Original post by abdul-karim)
    x

ReputationRep:
    David is a lovely name. It is also my dads name and my husbands dads name which would have been lovely. Unfortunately though it was the name of my serious boyfriend before I got together with my husband so that kind of ruled it out as a first name. However I wouldn't rule it out as a middle name in the future!
    My dads name is David too. So if you had a girl instead, what would you have named her?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My dads name is David too. So if you had a girl instead, what would you have named her?
    Juno, obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    How did your husband propose to you?
    It was lovely. He had the ring for ages and wanted it to be spontaneous rather than something too planned. One evening I suggested that we went out to a little Mezze bar near my flat which was lovely. Then after that it was a nice night so I suggested that we went for a walk along Brighton beach in the moonlight (it was a really bright full moon). After a while we stopped at the Hove bandstand and then he asked me in there.

My mum sadly passed away when I was 22 so if I had a girl (or if I ever have a girl) I will call her Elizabeth which was my mums name.

ReputationRep:
    My mum sadly passed away when I was 22 so if I had a girl (or if I ever have a girl) I will call her Elizabeth which was my mums name.
    What a beautiful name.

ReputationRep:
    Is RK good in bed?

When you first met and were awkwardly looking for things to talk about, did you just banter about ISA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    Is RK good in bed?

When you first met and were awkwardly looking for things to talk about, did you just banter about ISA?
    Not going to answer the first question

I can think of a number of meanings for ISA which one do you mean

ReputationRep:
    Not going to answer the first question

I can think of a number of meanings for ISA which one do you mean
    This being TSR, and you being an older member, there can only be one meaning of ISA...

Even though she has been banned now for some months...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrkingpenguin)
    This being TSR, and you being an older member, there can only be one meaning of ISA...

Even though she has been banned now for some months...
    Pretty sure they hadn't even joined the site when we were still in the getting to know you phase in 2007...

ReputationRep:
    What's Isaac's middle name?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.