Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello All, Good morning & Good luck to those doing their interviews today. Don't be nervous as they are very polite and they do their best to make you feel comfortable

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview on Saturday I think it went well, has anyone had an outcome from the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Took about 2 weeks for me to hear. (:

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I had my telephone interview today for PO3 in Liverpool. Firstly in the email it said I would be covering the competencies "managing a good service" and "delivering at pace" and I would be asked 2 questions. I had read the previous comments in this forum and felt like I had nothing to worry about and had prepared answers which covered the topics in the two competencies they said I would be questioned about. My interview was at 1pm today and they rang me on the dot. The lady was extremely polite but then came the questions... Question 1: Give me an example of a time your have followed procedures, policies and regulations. This completely caught me off guard. From what I had understood I was giving an answer that covered the topic as a whole and NOT one specific point she then asked me a further question in relation to the previous one which was: Why do you follow these procedures? Again I didn't know what to say? By this point I was really panicking! Question 2: Give me an example of when you have used your knowledge to complete a task to a strict deadline. She then asked if I was happy with my answers, wished me the best of luck and said I would hear from them within the next 10 days.

I really don't hold out much hope for myself because it didn't go great but I wanted to give some help for others because if I could do it all again, something like this would have really helped me! I'm not sure if they ask a different question for each applicant but I just wanted to put it out there even if it helps just one person.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Hi 'Annabellejessica’.....Well said!!!

Hi all,.... likewise (as stated above), it should be noted the above this same method of questioning is used in the panel interviews also. And so, consider tailoring examples; i.e. "managing a good service" (and incorporate using 'procedures' etc) and "delivering at pace (to highlight how you managed 'time-scales' etc.

Good luck all
    (atm, still awaiting outcomes of interviews taken last weekend)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I also had a telephone interview for liverpool on the 23rd. I got the same 2 competencies as you, the questions asked were worded a little different than I thought too but I had 2 answers prepared. I thought it went ok, really quick and the interviewer was really polite. She mentioned 10 days to me also. Hopefully we will find out soon. Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    Also my friend had a telephone interview booked, tried to change her time and withdrawn her app by mistake. She has emailed to explain but the reply hasn't really helped her. Anyone know what she can do? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Anyone had an outcome from the panel interviews yet?

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Same here .. Been 2 weeks no reply yet however I do remember them saying it could take up to 4weeks to get a reply and it doesn't mean anything so I guess we just gotta wait

ReputationRep:
    I got an email on the 4th saying everyone's results are being looked at now and an update would be later in the week x

ReputationRep:
    @becci231090] I got an email on the 4th saying everyone's results are being looked at now and an update would be later in the week ..

Hello

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

Xx

ReputationRep:
    I had an email from them yesterday saying,

Thank you for your interest in the role of Passport Officer Grade 3 - Day Shifts - London, (0730 or 0830 start - 4 or 5 day pattern - inc. Saturdays) and your time at your recent interview.

We wanted to let you know that the interviews for these posts are due to finish on the 10th of November. Following this we will require a few days and therefore we hope to be able to provide you with an outcome by the end of next week at the latest.

We would like to thank you for your patience in the meantime.
    I was very surprised because I didn't contact at all

ReputationRep:
    @ Snoopyuk33 I had an email from them yesterday saying,

Thank you for your interest in the role of Passport Officer Grade 3 - Day Shifts - London, (0730 or 0830 start - 4 or 5 day pattern - inc. Saturdays) and your time at your recent interview.

We wanted to let you know that the interviews for these posts are due to finish on the 10th of November. Following this we will require a few days and therefore we hope to be able to provide you with an outcome by the end of next week at the latest.

We would like to thank you for your patience in the meantime.
    I was very surprised because I didn't contact at all

Hello

It is a standard email that they are sending even you have not contacted them. I got it yesterday evening too

xx

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, it's good to see that there are some others applying to Liverpool. annabellejessica and becci231090, did you hear back from them? I had my phone interview on 28th October and they asked exactly the same questions. I was a bit thrown by them top but luckily I've been invited to a panel interview this Friday.

Thanks to everyone who has been posting in this thread. It has been really useful when preparing for the different stages of the application process!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone. I've been following this thread for over a month now and it's been very useful for working out where I am in the process. Happily, Manpower are no longer dealing with me because they've recommended me for appointment at the Liverpool office and all I have left to do is get past the pre-screening checks before I get a final offer

This is offering its own frustrations (you just get an email address to send your documents to and they apparently don't reply to questions or... well anything and no one else in the civil service has any idea who they could be or how to contact them) but hey, maybe the system works in its own secret ways and soon enough I'll be signing my contract

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back. I thought I'd messed up at every step of the process but I've managed it, so I'm sure you all can too!

ReputationRep:
    @BMoiz_ congrats to you hopefully we will get a response soon too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VGN)
    @BMoiz_ congrats to you hopefully we will get a response soon too.
    Hi, what qualifications do you need to apply for this position?

ReputationRep:
    It will depend on what position you are applying there are po1 or po3

ReputationRep:
    I have a telephone interview this evening, can anyone give me any tips?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.