The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazarooni89
That's very kind of you to say :colondollar:

Aww it's a serious question! :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by cole-slaw
I think you have to be honest with each other about feelings etc. Casual sex often stirs emotions in both partners, in fact an amazingly large number of relationships start with drunken sex.

Obviously, you should always pick your partners carefully. You need to be extremely physically attracted to them but you should also think they're intrinsically a good person that won't mess you around. Not always easy to tell on a night-out, admittedly.

I have seen a lot of relationships in my time but not one of them has ever started with drunken sex.
In fact, drunken sex has ruined more than I've seen it create.
Original post by CJKay
I have seen a lot of relationships in my time but not one of them has ever started with drunken sex.
In fact, drunken sex has ruined more than I've seen it create.

you can't possibly have been within 100 miles of a UK university then.
Reply 63
you can't possibly have been within 100 miles of a UK university then.

That was the worst show of logic I've seen on this forum in a while, and that's saying something.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thrashy, slutty and in my opinion just disgusting. No respect at all, filthy people
No. I think it's morally abhorrent.
Original post by CJKay
That was the worst show I've logic I've seen on this forum in a while, and that's saying something.

your sentence does not parse. Did you use google translator?
Reply 67
I don't sleep with people causally, never have and never will. But that's my personal choice, as it's somebody else's personal choice to sleep with whom ever they wish and under whatever circumstances they both consent to.
Reply 68
your sentence does not parse. Did you use google translator?

Sorry about that, I've edited it. Now you can enjoy the truthfulness of my post in full HD English.
Original post by RFJ
I don't sleep with people causally.

Is there a correlation?
Reply 70
Is there a correlation?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.
Most casual sex ends up with more casual sex. Until you both move on and start having casual sex with someone else. I have never heard any horror stories, perhaps your friends are winding you up?

Its generally a really positive experience. I would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Horror stories from some of my friends: Girl 1: Was having casual sex with this guy in halls and the police broke down the door, and arrested the guy (apparently he was a drug dealer) they had absolutely no respect for the fact she was completely naked and 4 or 5 strong guys suddenly burst into her room, really traumatic. Girl 2: I thought she was using condoms apparently not, two years later she's still having to deal with genital warts. Girl 3: Got told her guy friend just broke up with his girlfriend... he lied, she was a bit scared to be seen for a few weeks because his girlfriend was threatening to punch her on sight (lovely lass). Actually girl 1, and girl 3 may have been the same the same friend :K:
Original post by laffytaffy
Horror stories from some of my friends: Girl 1: Was having casual sex with this guy in halls and the police broke down the door, and arrested the guy (apparently he was a drug dealer) they had absolutely no respect for the fact she was completely naked and 4 or 5 strong guys suddenly burst into her room, really traumatic. Girl 2: I thought she was using condoms apparently not, two years later she's still having to deal with genital warts. Girl 3: Got told her guy friend just broke up with his girlfriend... he lied, she was a bit scared to be seen for a few weeks because his girlfriend was threatening to punch her on sight (lovely lass). Actually girl 1, and girl 3 may have been the same the same friend :K:

Ah yes, girls: never sleep with drug dealers. Guys: never sleep with strippers.

Two rules to live your life by right there.
Ah yes, girls: never sleep with drug dealers. Guys: never sleep with strippers.

Two rules to live your life by right there.

If it's casual why should you care/ know what they do in their spare time? thought it was just a spur of the moment situation...
Original post by TheDanBandFan
If it's casual why should you care/ know what they do in their spare time? thought it was just a spur of the moment situation...

But even for a purely sexual relationship you still don't want to be messed around or treated badly do you?

There are plenty of nice, normal, attractive people out there, why waste your time messing around with someone liable to mess you about?
If we both liked each other and the conditions were right, why not? I actually haven't engaged in casual sex as things just haven't run their course that way - it's not like I've been looking out for it. I've only had sex with one person (many times) in a long term relationship and foreplay et al with others (some in casual situations with friends) but I wouldn't rule out the possibility. If both of you know what kind of interaction you're engaging in and be up front with expectations, it's fine in my opinion - just be aware that things change as well.
Haven't and don't think I ever will. But never say never, right?
Reply 77
No I do not sleep around I have only been with 2 men and both where long relationships, A. 3 years B. 10 years, you make think I am a bit prudish but I wouldn't want some random guys personal parts inside my body unless there was amazing attraction and potential for a relationship.
Yes, frequently. Had a long-term **** buddy and a few one-off occurrences during my first year of university. However, I'm now in a relationship and I prefer it. If the relationship were to end, though, yay for more casual sex.
Reply 79
I was thinking I might.... But then tsr found the gal for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending