Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kath_igidbashian)
    :ditto: this is brilliant! It's always an amazing thing to see a male feminist, it really pisses me off when I hear people say how can a man be a feminist? As far as I'm concerned if you care about equality (in all fields) then you're a decent person. Also I really think it says something about how important feminism is when both men and women support it.

(sorry cant rep on phone)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, I'm glad someone supports me on this thread. I will always believe in equality and for all those sore men who think women hate them, I support their rights to but their RIGHTS, not their exploitation of women and an endless list of other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    Insults? Like you dish out regularly? Yeah okay. Another person who can give all but cant take any.

Funny because you have.

You're wrong and a bigot, accept it.
    "Men are inferior to women, they only think about themselves and with their penises. They discriminate against everyone, they all engage in a culture which i find reprehensible, and therefore is reprehensible, therefore men are reprehensible"

"your a bigot, accept it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skoav)
    Yeah I'd say having what are essentially minor contractions and bleeding consistently for days is pretty uncomfortable. But we do this really amazing unheard of thing called 'getting on with it'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'Getting on with it' - why women don't have MAN flu, we deal with colds.
    Imagine what would happen if we made the same fuss as some men do for man flu when we have our periods...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "I went to plug in my laptop today, and I had to use my charger. You know what, guys? There’s something that really bothers me about the way the plug gets kinda “forced” into the socket. I know from my nerdy computer class in high school that the plug is called the “male” and the socket is called the “female” in tech terms. I mean, the “male” needs to go in the “female!!!” Guys, even our TECHNOLOGY perpetuates rape culture!1!1! It’s so deeply embedded that we don’t even stop to think about how widespread it is. Is it any wonder that 54 out of every 3 women get raped with laptop parts like this?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    "Men are inferior to women, they only think about themselves and with their penises. They discriminate against everyone, they all engage in a culture which i find reprehensible, and therefore is reprehensible, therefore men are reprehensible"

"your a bigot, accept it"
    You should quote properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    The fact that you're a male feminist is quite frankly, embarrassing.
    The fact that you aren't is far more embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    You should quote properly.
    Since I'm a bigot I might as well act like one

You'll never be a man in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm glad someone supports me on this thread. I will always believe in equality and for all those sore men who think women hate them, I support their rights to but their RIGHTS, not their exploitation of women and an endless list of other things.
    Their rights are basic human rights which COINCIDENTLY women also have too, they don't have some given right to exploit women just because they feel the need to be 'manly'.

SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    The fact that you aren't is far more embarrassing.
    You want me to be a male and a feminist?

Woah. Gtfo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalerReinfall)
    "I went to plug in my laptop today, and I had to use my charger. You know what, guys? There’s something that really bothers me about the way the plug gets kinda “forced” into the socket. I know from my nerdy computer class in high school that the plug is called the “male” and the socket is called the “female” in tech terms. I mean, the “male” needs to go in the “female!!!” Guys, even our TECHNOLOGY perpetuates rape culture!1!1! It’s so deeply embedded that we don’t even stop to think about how widespread it is. Is it any wonder that 54 out of every 3 women get raped with laptop parts like this?"
    Just wow...

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm a bigot I might as well act like one

You'll never be a man in my eyes.
    Why's that? Because I'm gay? Because I support the equality of women? Because I hate a culture you advocate which aims to exploit an entire race of people?

Good. I wouldn't wanna be a damn man if that's what it meant. Have some morals.

ReputationRep:
    post of the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kath_igidbashian)
    Their rights are basic human rights which COINCIDENTLY women also have too, they don't have some given right to exploit women just because they feel the need to be 'manly'.

SIZE=1]Posted from TSR Mobile[/SIZE]
    Yes. Exactly. Just like, leave please.

ReputationRep:
    Seems to have gone a bit off-topic.

To the original point: if all women studying gender who noted gender inequality in STEM fields went to STEM fields themselves, then it would suggest only men should study gender which would not only be highly ironic but also counter-productive, as publishing would be exclusively by men, giving yet another platform to the advantaged gender.

It's a bit like saying all those noting that not enough HMRC staff tackle corporation tax avoidance should go and be HMRC corporation tax collectors. Some people need to do research which point out inequalities; it doesn't mean they should or even could solve all inequalities themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Just wow...

"That rant took me a few seconds to come up with. No research required. No finding of citations to prove anything. Just a passionate-sounding diatribe involving the classic building blocks of feminist thought:

• All caps to emphasize important points
    • The use of the phrase “wow just wow
    • Invoking mythological constructs like “patriarchy” and “male privilege,” the use of which guaranteed that like-minded retards in the audience would nod their heads and cheer me on
    • Dropping the term “rape” in a completely inappropriate, smurf-like fashion"

ReputationRep:
    You want me to be a male and a feminist?

Woah. Gtfo
    I would expect every rational human being to agree and strive for the basic definition of feminism.

ReputationRep:

"That rant took me a few seconds to come up with. No research required. No finding of citations to prove anything. Just a passionate-sounding diatribe involving the classic building blocks of feminist thought:

• All caps to emphasize important points
    • The use of the phrase “wow just wow
    • Invoking mythological constructs like “patriarchy” and “male privilege,” the use of which guaranteed that like-minded retards in the audience would nod their heads and cheer me on
    • Dropping the term “rape” in a completely inappropriate, smurf-like fashion"
    :rofl:

CC I did laugh.

It was a 'wow' worthy moment. Anyone who thinks feminism actually stands for these is severely misguided.

ReputationRep:
    I would expect every rational human being to agree and strive for the basic definition of feminism.
    Well that's never going to happen since modern feminism is all about putting women above men.

Anyways I've made a mistake of arguing with a feminist earlier today, I won't do the same with you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm incredibly pleased you put that this way. Feminism, in the basic definition, means the equality of women, not hating men!

Time they realised this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99DeadBaboons)
    Well, if there's a meme about it, it must be true :rolleyes:
    it is true though thats the thing. And thats why theres a meme about it lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.