Turn on thread page Beta

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepeople)
    Is it actually possible for ppl whose BMAT fall into band 2 get an interview?

yes it is, but you'll get interviewed later than people falling in band 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hectors)
    yes it is, but you'll get interviewed later than people falling in band 1
    Hmm but I'm international tho don't international students all get their interviews in Jan? I heard that's the case for UCL not so sure for Imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilepeople)
    Hmm but I'm international tho don't international students all get their interviews in Jan? I heard that's the case for UCL not so sure for Imperial.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not sure about that.. If you think its a worthwhile question email the admissions team

ReputationRep:
    im not sure about that.. If you think its a worthwhile question email the admissions team
    Haha okay I shall thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you say people that are in Band 3 are unlikely to get interviews, do you have any quantifiable evidence for this?
    I know some people from the year before who JUST made the cutoff and were invited for an interview. Two of them from the lowest band also got offers!

What is the possibility of getting an offer after interview? Do they weigh in everything else ie Personal Statment & BMAT results or do they just use interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex)
    When you say people that are in Band 3 are unlikely to get interviews, do you have any quantifiable evidence for this?
    I know some people from the year before who JUST made the cutoff and were invited for an interview. Two of them from the lowest band also got offers!

What is the possibility of getting an offer after interview? Do they weigh in everything else ie Personal Statment & BMAT results or do they just use interviews?
    BMAT results just determine the order of interview and the facts support the idea that very few Band 3 applicants get offers. Your anecdotal evidence although true paints a misleading picture of the general admissions process.

At interview they can see all your "stats" and based on your interview performance (mainly) and your stats (less so) offers are allocated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrStealYourGirl)
    BMAT results just determine the order of interview and the facts support the idea that very few Band 3 applicants get offers. Your anecdotal evidence although true paints a misleading picture of the general admissions process.

At interview they can see all your "stats" and based on your interview performance (mainly) and your stats (less so) offers are allocated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I see, I guess that the people I knew must have had a good academic background / personal statement to be able to be called up for interview!

Thanks a lot for the insight, I better start on the interview practice very quickly after the BMAT!

ReputationRep:
    How was the BMAT guys?

ReputationRep:
    How was the BMAT guys?
    Didn't like S1 but S2 and S3 were ok. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How was the BMAT guys?
    Didn't like section 3 at all, 1 and 2 were decent you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I originally thought it was pretty good but now reading the BMAT thread I feel like I might not make it above the cutoff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ucki)
    Didn't like S1 but S2 and S3 were ok. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Saywhatyoumean)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And yeah, i found sections 2 and 3 ok, but section 1 wasn't good as i always struggled with it.

ReputationRep:
    I originally thought it was pretty good but now reading the BMAT thread I feel like I might not make it above the cutoff
    I know! Its making me very sad I've just stopped checking it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfrost97)
    I know! Its making me very sad I've just stopped checking it now
    Yeah it is really unhealthy to keep checking it, time to unsubscribe haha.
    Which question did you answer in the essay section?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is really unhealthy to keep checking it, time to unsubscribe haha.
    Which question did you answer in the essay section?
    I want to unsubscribe but I cant bring myself to do it -.- I did the question about the money in curing disease one because I thought it was the only one I could write about, you?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think the cutoffs for BMAT will be this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahfrost97)
    I want to unsubscribe but I cant bring myself to do it -.- I did the question about the money in curing disease one because I thought it was the only one I could write about, you?
    I did the one on dangerous speech, i thought it was the one where i could talk the most about. Not going to lie I've seen better essay titles hahahah. Are you applying to Leeds as well?
    (Original post by liass)
    My wildest guess is something above 4.5 4.5 2.5C, but it's difficult to tell cause this year more people are taking the BMAT and this might affect the overall scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Hopefully not too high. I think it will be something like 4.6, 4.4 and 2.5B. I'm really stressed out cause my S1 was always around 5... I think I'll die if stupid S1 prevents me from getting interview. Cause I think I scored more than 7 in S2... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liass)
    Well I'm hoping 3, 3, 1C but probably same as last year? Maybe a bit higher in some sections and lower in others, eg 4.7, 4.4, 2B?

ReputationRep:
    I did the one on dangerous speech, i thought it was the one where i could talk the most about. Not going to lie I've seen better essay titles hahahah. Are you applying to Leeds as well?

My wildest guess is something above 4.5 4.5 2.5C, but it's difficult to tell cause this year more people are taking the BMAT and this might affect the overall scores.
    Yeah, Leeds as well you too? I really liked the 2011 essay titles or the one about scientists asking the right questions one

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.