Guys, would you be fine dating someone that's saving their virginity for marriage? Watch

Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by joker12345)
Well, I'd say that's the whole point - people rarely choose to be a virgin till marriage full stop, ie we're really not at all conservative. Especially in comparison with some other counties. And if we accept religion we should accept people following it by remaining a virgin.
Most of these people aren't white British, they're in sub-cultures with separate social structures.

I'm not saying we shouldn't accept it, but we should also call it sexist if it is sexist. You can freely share a book that says "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law." (Corinthians 14:34), or "If you fear high-handedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them." (Sura 4:34), but I can equally call you sexist for it.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ladanjason)
I've decided that i'm not having sex until I get married (for religious reasons) and was wondering whether that would put a lot of guys off. Not trying to sound conceited but I'd say I'm fairly attractive. I do get guys asking me out etc. But, regardless of whether I find them attractive or whether I genuinely like them, I always turn them down because I feel as though majority of guys expect sex out of a relationship, and I obviously can't give them that. Also, I feel that if I dated a guy I'd be putting him through a lot, as however long we dated he wouldn't be able to have sex. So, guys if you genuinely liked a girl, would you refuse to date her because you wouldn't be getting sex out of it or would you date her regardless?
I've decided to wait. Not just for religious reasons but I'm pretty sure I'm asexual as well.

I also have a boyfriend. We actually had a pretty long talk before starting anything and I raised this right at the start (given I know he's had sexual relationships before). He said he'd pretty much assumed that already and that wasn't what he was looking for.

So that's my advice. Talk about it. Ask whether it would be a deal-breaker early on -because if it comes out later and it's enough to break things off, you'll just end up getting hurt. I suppose it kind of helped we'd been good friends beforehand and could talk about stuff (even if that was one very awkward chat to have at 23:00). But talk. And keep talking about it. What started out as a hypothetical "Sure, I can do that" could change over time as reality sets in. Don't just assume things.

Hope this helps.
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juan Mata)
I would respect them less because it's ****ing stupid.

Am I only allowed to have an opinion on someone if I'm their boyfriend?
They don't think it's "****ing stupid" do they.

My point is that if you degrade someone for deciding not to do something that doesn't harm anyone that is stupid. By not being their boyfriend it doesn't affect you, not that you can't have an opinion.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope. Wouldn't want to get married to someone who I have never had sex with. That and I am not religious so if someone was remaining a virgin until then due to religion then we wouldn't be compatible anyway.
Girling1996
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What if the sex isn't great and it ruins the relationship?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Juan Mata
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Strawberry68)
They don't think it's "****ing stupid" do they.

My point is that if you degrade someone for deciding not to do something that doesn't harm anyone that is stupid. By not being their boyfriend it doesn't affect you, not that you can't have an opinion.
But I do and it's my opinion we're talking about :confused:

So I have to respect everything equally unless it causes harm to people? Makes no sense.
SophiaLDN
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most guys wont & some guys might. With that said, it depends on the person. Why not just date someone who has the same values & religion as you? That way you're less likely to get subtle pressure from the guy later on & will have a mutual understanding/ less temptation.
ilem
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Two dealbreakers here: abstaining from sex until marriage and religion.
Maker
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most women don't believe in sex after marriage.
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Suprised by how many "yes" votes there are on here :lolwut:

(Original post by Mikami)
Virgin=pure,respectable,precious ,rare
I don't know man... I'm a Virgin myself, and I wouldn't particularly use those words to describe myself.
Gibber96
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wouldn't. I see sex as a pretty important part of the relationship.
CityBoyCZ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would never marryed woman without sex before.

Religion is good thing, but the rules make people. That's why I like buddhism without rules.
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
But how will you know if you're sexually compatible? :moon:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (197)
27.86%
No (510)
72.14%

Watched Threads