Report 4 years ago
Probably not.
Slim and proud
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chocolatesauce)
Why would anyone want to increase the number of HIV cases, there's already too many. Also when I date someone, I'm dating with the intention of possibly getting married and having a family. If I were to have a family it can easily be passed on from me to my child. Why would I ever want myself, my child or anyone to contract HIV....
Well summarised!

I don't get why people would want to add further burden to the NHS in such a flippant manner.
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
Slim and proud
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People advocating HIV relationships on the basis of the illness being a manageable condition should think about the wider implications.

Firstly, the drugs for this illness do not come at a cheap cost.

Secondly, in the UK you are fortunate to be a rich nation that can afford to treat people. But who is to say that you will always remain rich and powerful? Will all HIV affected people be able to afford their treatment with a potential NHS privatisation agenda? An agenda which I would fully support.

Do you realise the devastating impact this illness has had on developing countries? I come from a southern african country where I've witnessed people dying and still hear of people dying all because of not being able to afford treatment.

People with HIV are coming to this country just to seek treatment. My friend was telling me of a woman from her church back in Africa who has come to this country just because she knows she will get the treatment that she needs.

I gave a friend who worked for a housing association and she told me that an Afican lady who was one of her tenants came to this country HIV positive with an HIV positive son. The lady is now late, the son is now a teenager looking after himself, left with the property. My friend said he always had different girls coming to his flat. Sad state of affairs.
chocolatesauce
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Slim and proud)
Well summarised!

I don't get why people would want to add further burden to the NHS in such a flippant manner.
Thanks
TSR Mustafa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No thanks.
keturah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. I'm already paranoid about my health, I'd end up really worried all the time.
JACKIEKENNEDY
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hell noooooooo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
37.89%
No - but I will (6)
3.73%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (84)
52.17%

Watched Threads