The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perphation
Hopefully they'll reply in the next week or so.

My questionnaire for UCL didn't seem all that good either. I actually consulted a friend of mine on the question on whether human remains should be exhumed and displayed in museums, since that is an ethical issue and he's a debater so I figured he'd have some fresh perspectives on it. I finished the questionnaire and sent it into UCL before he replied me about that question and his arguments just made mine seem so horribly simplistic that I didn't think I'd get in.

Right! Even I was quite confused about this question too.
Also, the question that asked us to identify an artefact, book or new story, and write about the past or present concerns related to it, was pretty bewildering.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by vineetgiri007
hey vasudha
also from india * mumbai*
I just got my offer for Msc management 2015 .lets connect :smile:

Hey congrats! :smile:

Where else did you apply to?
hey vasudha
also from india * mumbai*
I just got my offer for Msc management 2015 .lets connect :smile:

Hey congrats! :smile:

Where else did you apply to?
Reply 63
Original post by Vasudha07
Right! Even I was quite confused about this question too.
Also, the question that asked us to identify an artefact, book or new story, and write about the past or present concerns related to it, was pretty bewildering.

I wasn't exactly confused about the question because ethics does play a pretty huge part in archaeology, but it's so difficult to have to write about your stance on it (while considering the opinions of the authors of the articles they linked us) in less than 500, or was it 400 words?

My answer on the question on the artefact was soooo cheesy - I said it was the discovery of the complex of hidden monuments under the stonehenge earlier this year, and that's possibly the most stereotypical, cringe-worthy answer I could ever give.
I had applied to Durham ,Cass,Exeter,LSE,Imperial and Bath .. I wanted durham as the programme is supposed to be very good with links with industry.
I had applied to Durham ,Cass,Exeter,LSE,Imperial and Bath .. I wanted durham as the programme is supposed to be very good with links with industry.

Oh great! Durham indeed is really good.
I wasn't exactly confused about the question because ethics does play a pretty huge part in archaeology, but it's so difficult to have to write about your stance on it (while considering the opinions of the authors of the articles they linked us) in less than 500, or was it 400 words?

My answer on the question on the artefact was soooo cheesy - I said it was the discovery of the complex of hidden monuments under the stonehenge earlier this year, and that's possibly the most stereotypical, cringe-worthy answer I could ever give.

Then you can't believe how cheesy mine was! 🙈
I wrote on an article titled 'Can you excavate love?'
Heaven knows what they are going to think about it!
Reply 67
Original post by Vasudha07
Then you can't believe how cheesy mine was! ������
I wrote on an article titled 'Can you excavate love?'
Heaven knows what they are going to think about it!

Ah well... They might think it's interesting?
@Vasusdha where in India r u ?
Ah well... They might think it's interesting?

Haha! Let's see!:biggrin:
@Vasusdha where in India r u ?

I live in Guwahati, Assam!
Reply 71
I got an offer for Business and Management about 45 minutes ago!
Reply 72
Original post by Penniall
I got an offer for Business and Management about 45 minutes ago!

Could you please tell me Your As grades and predixted grades?
@Pennial MSc too ?? or MBA ?
And had a ppe offer?
Reply 75
Original post by Imzee15
Could you please tell me Your As grades and predixted grades?

AS: AAAB
Predicted: AAA
Submitted application on the 21st October
Reply 76
@Pennial MSc too ?? or MBA ?

Mba (I think)
Reply 77
Has anybody received an offer for natural sciences yet?
Hi I got an offer for Philosophy and Psychology! AAA for singapore A levels including economics (A is the highest grade for us, not A*). I've also applied for UCL, Oxford, Bristol and Glasgow and have conditional offers for the last two as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer from Durham about a month ago! But I have absolutely no idea what college to apply for - any suggestions?! :confused::eek::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending