When will Brendan Rodgers be sacked? Watch

sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Isometrix)
Haha poor Brendan. He's lucky his midweek call payed off and Real didn't decimate his second XI.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he wasn't British, the media would be calling for his head.

2 wins from 8 games is not good enough given the quality of opposition they have played.
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
July 2015.

It's happening.

Welcome back, Rafa Benitez.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Benitez's transfer policy and tactics + Rodgers' brand of football and man management = perfection.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Benitez's transfer policy and tactics + Rodgers' brand of football and man management = perfection.
I'd actually agree with that lol.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
I'd actually agree with that lol.
Throw in Dalglish's celebrations, too.
Isambard Kingdom Brunel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did tell people last season and during the summer that Brenda was not good enough for a once-great club like Liverpool.

It is obvious that Suarez nearly won us the league, not Rodgson, and it was Suarez who got extra performance from other players (like Henderson, Flannagan) not Rodgson.

I want Brenda gone ASAP.

No point giving him any more money. The guy is a clown.

Bring on Capello.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rodgers hasn't handled his comments this week very well, seems to change his mind regularly on 'restgate'.

First it seemed they were being rested for Chelsea. After Real, it was because players didn't play well vs Newcastle, then Gerrard had a hamstring scan on the Monday, yet today, 6 players returned including Johnson, who was, quite frankly, pathetic in his lack of chasing back as soon as Azplicueta had turned Coutinho. Johnson just jogged back so that gamble vs. Real didn't work.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Rodgers hasn't handled his comments this week very well, seems to change his mind regularly on 'restgate'.

First it seemed they were being rested for Chelsea. After Real, it was because players didn't play well vs Newcastle, then Gerrard had a hamstring scan on the Monday, yet today, 6 players returned including Johnson, who was, quite frankly, pathetic in his lack of chasing back as soon as Azplicueta had turned Coutinho. Johnson just jogged back so that gamble vs. Real didn't work.
Rodgers just kicked the players who played against Madrid in the teeth. They deserved to start today but Rodgers seems to nowadays pick reputation over form, bad management and he is treading on thin ice.
Eboracum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
I did tell people last season and during the summer that Brenda was not good enough for a once-great club like Liverpool.
Brenda. LOL. And I thought my managerial nicknames were good...

I thought Benitez was a fantastic manager. I said this before. Same at Chelsea. I'd have him at my team in a heartbeat. Bring him back.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can't underestimate the impact of losing Suarez AND Sturridge, though. I mean, where would City have been last season/this season without Aguero and, say, Yaya Toure? Or, similarly, Chelsea without Costa and Hazard.

I'm not making excuses for him - but you can't simply overlook the fact Liverpool are now without around 80% of their goals from last season through injury/departure. The fact that pressure is building is inevitable given the money he has spent - but I think allowances have, and should, be made in the meantime. I'm still questionable about his and FSG's transfer policy. Why replace Suarez with eight lesser talents? I'd rather have splashed out on a marquee signing.

That said, it begs the question: why sell your best players? I mean, obviously the demand is going to be there. But what's the point in selling a Suarez and a Bale for financial gain only to then blow it all on players who simply aren't as good? With the exception of Messi and Ronaldo, Suarez was Europe's best player last season.

Surely the aim of a football club - especially Liverpool and FSG's - is to go for glory? From runners-up to battling for the top six again is disastrous. One step forward, five steps back.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Liverpool have lost more games, have conceded more goals and have less points at this stage than under Roy Hodgson in 2010.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Liverpool have lost more games, have conceded more goals and have less points at this stage than under Roy Hodgson in 2010.
Hodgson had Suarez
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by samir12)
Hodgson had Suarez
He didn't, he had an out of form Torres.
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
He didn't, he had an out of form Torres.
Ahh yh, forgot Suarez joined in January that season when Hodgson got sacked. Who would you have taken, the 2010 Torres or 2014 Balotelli ?
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by samir12)
Ahh yh, forgot Suarez joined in January that season when Hodgson got sacked. Who would you have taken, the 2010 Torres or 2014 Balotelli ?
Torres without question.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Torres without a doubt.
Bubzeh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not being funny but Rafa's just won another big game.

Away at Fiorentina. Footballing perfect the first half.

Tactical genius.

Rarely loses the big games at Napoli. AC Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, all beaten more than once. Beat Fiorentina 3 times in just over 1 year.
sr90
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bubzeh)
Not being funny but Rafa's just won another big game..
Rodgers on the other hand has a woeful record against the top teams.

Man City: P:5 W:1 D:2 L:2
Chelsea: P:5 W:0 D2: L:3
Arsenal: P:5 W:1 D:1 L:3
Manchester United: P:4 W:2 D:0 L:2
Everton: P:5 W:1 D:4 L:0

Total of 5 wins from 24 games. Only 1 away victory which was against Moyes' Man United, which hardly counts.

Moyes was constantly critisised for the same thing, even in his Everton days. Where is the critisism of Rodgers?
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
Rodgers on the other hand has a woeful record against the top teams.

Man City: P:5 W:1 D:2 L:2
Chelsea: P:5 W:0 D2: L:3
Arsenal: P:5 W:1 D:1 L:3
Manchester United: P:4 W:2 D:0 L:2
Everton: P:5 W:1 D:4 L:0

Total of 5 wins from 24 games. Only 1 away victory which was against Moyes' Man United, which hardly counts.

Moyes was constantly critisised for the same thing, even in his Everton days. Where is the critisism of Rodgers?
Because Rodgers took over a squad which was midtable standard and a complete mess (not even Suarez was saving that squad) and was not expected to do much in his first season. Everton were in a better shape than Liverpool and finished above them. Last season he blew away Arsenal, Everton and Spurs and beat City. This season, he is getting criticism for far more bigger problems than the record against big teams.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Benitez bought a lot of ****e too, though. Ryan Babel over David Silva ffs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
38.13%
No - but I will (5)
3.13%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (84)
52.5%

Watched Threads