Do Your Teachers Wear Gowns? Watch

Poll: Do/Did Your Teachers Wear Gowns?
Yes (6)
14.29%
No Never (21)
50%
Only Very Occasionally- i.e. Founder's Day or Prizegiving etc. (15)
35.71%
Obiejess
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I don't think it's THAT unusual?!

At my school, ahem, we had an entrance exam. So if you worked hard, like I did, you got in :smug:

It's not private school.
Some people who have worked very hard and are very intelligent are not privileged enough to live in an area where there even is a grammar school.

You don't know how lucky you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
What a load of hogwash. :indiff:

My parents can afford to live in a 'middle class district' because they were older when they met and so had already saved up a fair bit of money. Plus, my family is extremely tight and careful with money.
How does one speak/act like a middle class person? :curious:
Yes exactly the same as my family. There's no shame in being middle-class, I mean...

Values? Values are nothing to do with how much money you have. A working class family can have good values and morals and work hard too.
sure but if you have a value such as "education is important" that comes at a price, mum staying home to read to the kids, that sort of thing. So the more money you have to indulge your values the better.

That's very narrow-minded, my school is in an old building so was build hundreds of years ago I assume. Therefore it's not particularly odd to have a chapel. :indiff:
I guess, but it certainly not common. And I went to a C of E primary school so I'm not one of these people that's shocked by religion and school being mixed. For what it's worth the main building at my school was over 300 years old but none of that. I'm sure it is narrow minded of me but that is the impression you'd get from most people on the chapel thing.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Obiejess)
Some people who have worked very hard and are very intelligent are not privileged enough to live in an area where there even is a grammar school.

You don't know how lucky you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh believe me, I know how lucky I am. I've been very privileged.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads