The Student Room Group

Do you support the same party as your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
A little. But then i like its based on pragmatism, the western world has the means to remove tyrants. A pacifist will sit back while people die.

I am not a pacifist, but I don't think that our troops must go out and die because there are certain primitive cultures out there that don't want to grow up. Their development should happen naturally without outside intervention.

No doubt you wish the French had carried over their bloodthirsty ideals to the shores of Great Britain?

I strongly doubt that if there was a military intervention tomorrow you would be the first person to sign up. That's the problem with armchair interventionists.

And yes, I will happily sit back and let people kill each other if only to let them learn from their stupid mistakes and grow up like Europe did after centuries of religious wars of terror and persecution.
Original post by The Dictator
I am not a pacifist, but I don't think that our troops must go out and die because there are certain primitive cultures out there that don't want to grow up. Their development should happen naturally without outside intervention.

No doubt you wish the French had carried over their bloodthirsty ideals to the shores of Great Britain?

I strongly doubt that if there was a military intervention tomorrow you would be the first person to sign up. That's the problem with armchair interventionists.

And yes, I will happily sit back and let people kill each other if only to let them learn from their stupid mistakes and grow up like Europe did after centuries of religious wars of terror and persecution.

That wasn't the point of my post.

A poster took the view that the left were moral and the right immoral, i stated that it was an offensive and narrow view and simply provided a counter-example.

This is not the thread to discuss general intervention and i'm already aware of your view anyway from a prior conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest