Are there any 'chavs' at your university?? Watch

somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mrcuddles)
I can't see it getting any better to be honest. This "gangster (I use to term loosely) culture" is not unique to Croydon, or London for that matter, It has spread across the UK like the Bubonic plague and I wish there was something we could do about it. I am one of the few people I know who actually sticks up to these narcissists and it gets me into more trouble than it is worth.

I am also sick and tired of the "excuses" I keep hearing.

"Dere aint no jobs fam" Educate yourself fool. Stop messing around in class and do your coursework you ****ing moron.

"5-0 dnt show us nuff respect fam" Stop making a mischief of yourself then you arrogant little fool, stop pointing gun fingers at police vans, stop stabbing people and stop selling drugs.

"Man ain got no Ps fam"
Stop spending your taxpayer funded bursary money on drugs and alcohol and FIND A JOB.

Although plenty of these kids have threatened to "stab man up", I am still alive for some reason, weird.

I really wish these animals would hurry up and kill each other.
Your hate has made you powerful. It's just unfortunate that I can relate to you, " fam" "brrro" etc. Sick of it, sick of the chavs sense of entitlement

Posted from TSR Mobile
economicshelp18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anything with less than 260 UCAS points

Definitely!

Never seen one at a genuine russel tbh
SocialSmocial94
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mrcuddles)
I can't see it getting any better to be honest. This "gangster (I use to term loosely) culture" is not unique to Croydon, or London for that matter, It has spread across the UK like the Bubonic plague and I wish there was something we could do about it. I am one of the few people I know who actually sticks up to these narcissists and it gets me into more trouble than it is worth.

I am also sick and tired of the "excuses" I keep hearing.

"Dere aint no jobs fam" Educate yourself fool. Stop messing around in class and do your coursework you ****ing moron.

"5-0 dnt show us nuff respect fam" Stop making a mischief of yourself then you arrogant little fool, stop pointing gun fingers at police vans, stop stabbing people and stop selling drugs.

"Man ain got no Ps fam"
Stop spending your taxpayer funded bursary money on drugs and alcohol and FIND A JOB.

Although plenty of these kids have threatened to "stab man up", I am still alive for some reason, weird.

I really wish these animals would hurry up and kill each other.
I really couldn't say it any better. I've got myself into trouble for sticking up to them and I have to say I try to avoid it because when they live close to you as well, it's such a headache. I used to go Croydon College and there was a lot of them. I'm at Carshalton at the moment and there's a fair few but you get the ones who act like an idiot and then you get the ones that really are scum of the earth and will stab you. These normally don't go to college (some will but not many and usually last like a week) and lurk around on the streets etc. Be careful please and look after yourself. Best of luck with your studies. Are you looking to go to university?
Mrcuddles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I don't get myself stabbed by July then yeah. What about you?
Sixty7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SocialSmocial94)
It's good to have someone who can relate to what I'm saying . It's so embarrassing, I'm embarrassed for them. So true, they've got nothing going for them and instead of trying to improve their situation the right way, they portray an image in their head of a 'somebody' and act like it.

They're all so the same and anything deemed 'unchavvy' is 'neeky'. Particularly studying and respecting other peoples differences is a big NO in chav world. I do wonder what Croydon will be like in 10-20 or 50 years time. Do you think it will die out or get worse?
They're at university, they clearly do have 'things going for them'.

Is it because they don't wear as expensive clothing as you that they are chavs?

Lol, look at the wannabe rich kids in this thread.
x-Venezia-x
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Blud?! Wut you sayin' yo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dodgypirate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
That's slang lol

A chav is defined by how you act, not how you speak.

How they speak, how they act, how they dress.

Chav = Council Housed and Violent.
Sixty7
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look at everyone talking down these supposed 'chavs'.

If they are really 'Council Housed and Violent' (Oh, how horrific, their mummy and daddy doesn't have a massive mortgage that they'll never pay off) isn't it all that more impressive that they got to university?

They had to go through more obstacles that you lords did.
Kaeseia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've never seen one inside the university itself (or a student), but there are some who are high schoolers rolling through the city like they are big baddies.
MagicJigsaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People who speak like chavs are so annoying, especially since they often speak loudly too... Anyway I come from a poor background and I don't speak like that, speaking like an idiot is more about being 'cool' and 'street' than anything else.
9MmBulletz
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have been in a school environment where plenty of the students there would be considered chavs, and to some extent that has become a part of me. Some of the phrases I use and my dress sense would be put under the category, although the way I generally speak is slighlty more refined.

Quite a few of my friends are what you guys might consider "chavs" but they're fine to me. sure, they might come across as slightly sexually aggressive and arrogant but I understand them having been hanging around similar people as I've grown up. Truth is if you've grown up in a rough area you'll have to develop a thick skin. I'm not condoning certain anti-social behaviours but while these "chavs" at university may be slightly overbearing, it's just the way they are because of how they're brought up.

To be honest, there's a little social and slight racial divide at my university and I sometimes feel I'm in the middle of it. I can relate to "chavs" due to my upbringing and I can relate to others due to the fact that I was often in the higher classes in school subjects. Tbh, the "chavs" that make it to the good universities have a more mature outlook than the ones you'll find on road.

On a last note, I hate the police because they're institutionally racist. I have been stopped on my own road for no reason whatsoever and the random stop-and-search justifications are ridiculous. I was stopped a few times because there were "burglaries in the area and I looked suspicious(as in black)". Worst was when I was giving a game to a friend and the police checked (possibly assuming that I may be hiding drugs) inside the case.
Roving Fish
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We have lots of sports students.

Lads lads lads bantaaaaaaaar :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (330)
37.37%
No - but I will (71)
8.04%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (419)
47.45%

Watched Threads