Do you agree with Iran when they hang gay people Watch

EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blazar)
I hate to break it to you, but there are millions of people out there saying something other than "no". I guess it was the smiley that threw me there. I realise you're joking, but it's a little hard to laugh at my own potential murder.
Yes but from people on a site based in a Western country, it's likely the general consensus will be no. Also, as long as you avoid backwards countries like Iran, your murder is hardly potential.
Blazar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EllieC130)
Yes but from people on a site based in a Western country, it's likely the general consensus will be no. Also, as long as you avoid backwards countries like Iran, your murder is hardly potential.
The point is that I was lucky to be born in a liberal Western country. Millions of people don't have that luxury. I could have been born in any of their shoes, as could anyone else. I'm not trying to get into an argument with you, I'm just saying that it's a serious issue, which I think you realise.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CJKay)
How so? That is pretty much a word-for-word description of Osama bin Laden's cronies. Do you think when people say they are not beasts they mean it literally?
The cave men were not around in the Medieval period.
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're going to "sit on the fence" regarding the murder of innocent people? Thank you, O wise one, for being such a dazzling beacon of rationality.

This is literally murder we're talking about. I don't think it should be a "tough one" for you.

Slavery and genocide was white culture until very recently in historical terms. Should we revert back to those values, if all cultures are equal?
The first post you were right to call out.

The second one was clearly using slightly as an intentional understatement to an absurd extent to show how strongly they feel the other way.

The third one you were right to call out, as they have an agenda about political correctness gone made that has no place in reality.
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by mrkl)
Somehow I doubt it. Anyway we can't dictate to other countries how they live and vice versa . end of
lol what makes you say. How can you tell that I'm gay or not?
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Also I'm not trying to 'dicate' I was just asking whether people agree with it or not.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperiorGenius)
You're so patriotic that you're deluded. But there is also no evidence to suggest that its laws are NOT indicative of the popular will.
You know, aside from the fact that the country is run by a dictatorial regime which has never held a free and fair election in its history. Very indicative - just like North Korea :rolleyes:
SuperiorGenius
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
You know, aside from the fact that the country is run by a dictatorial regime which has never held a free and fair election in its history. Very indicative - just like North Korea :rolleyes:
Is it also the regimes fault that Iranian people are so narrow mined and intolerant that they don't accept other religions?
democracyforum
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree with it,

because every country has a right to govern itself and represent itself however it wants, with whatever laws it wants, to represent the people and the way they feel.

Not every country should be a clone of Great Britain
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
I respect anyone's right to having their own opnion on the matter.
Celise Waan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Skip_Snip)
You don't have an opinion about people being killed for no good reason?

As long as it's not happening on the UK. It's not really my problem and I still maintain that I don't have an opinion on the topic.

I believe people should mind their own business.

I will remain reclined on the fence on this one.
grassntai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Celise Waan)
As long as it's not happening on the UK. It's not really my problem and I still maintain that I don't have an opinion on the topic.

Oh be quiet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
mrkl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Guy Secretan)
lol what makes you say. How can you tell that I'm gay or not?

Ahhh that would be telling
masterridley
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by democracyforum)
I agree with it,

because every country has a right to govern itself and represent itself however it wants, with whatever laws it wants, to represent the people and the way they feel.

Not every country should be a clone of Great Britain
Nope. Democracy is clearly superior. You say representative. So what if people change their mind, how can the policies change if they can't vote for them?

The only other system I've seen that works is the Chinese one. Where people vote for their regional leaders only and those in turn vote for the higher offices. So the upper administration is closed off to the people. But at least it's somewhat working.

In contrast, Saudi Arabia and Iran are theocracies. We have no way of knowing whether the majority of people are for or against certain policies. The big protests of of the past have shown that a significant part wants nothing to do with the regime though.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
This is very topical

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29832690
LutherVan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
I'm a human being with an IQ above room temperature, of course I disagree with Iran executing people for being homosexual.
They don't execute people for being homosexuals, they offer them a sex change.
Viceroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's a horrid practice. In addition to making being gay illegal, there are other countries that have similarly disgusting things they do for being gay -- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9033224.html
Exon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
Iridann
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Phew. I thought it was sarcasm at first, but you can never be sure on TSR...
Doest thou needeth a new sarcasmotron?

On topic: I would think anyone that isn't backwards or dropped on the head would strongly disagree with murder for something like sexuality.
Blazar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Iridann)
On topic: I would think anyone that isn't backwards or dropped on the head would strongly disagree with murder for something like sexuality.

(Original post by Celise Waan)

I will remain reclined on the fence on this one.
Looks like someone got dropped on the head.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads