Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlockfan)
    lol i dont believe in the "out of sight, out of mind" phrase, it's not true. on days that i havent looked up his name im still thinking about it, though mostly i'm too absorbed in my own suffering and wishing i was dead to have any intense feelings of jealousy or heartbreak. but it still gets to me. it any given point during the day i wonder what he's doing, the way some people do when theyre in love.
    there is nothing sadder than loving someone you cant have.
    You're letting an older man you have never met ruin your life. It is called obsession, not even a good one. Try switching to being obsessed with inanimate things- something that can benefit you and be accessible.
    Have you even met Ben C. Talked to him? Seen him in private without cameras or during interviews? No? Ah then, he is a complete stranger, his mind never goes in your direction- so why are you wasting yours on him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Citipati)
    You're letting an older man you have never met ruin your life. It is called obsession, not even a good one. Try switching to being obsessed with inanimate things- something that can benefit you and be accessible.
    Have you even met Ben C. Talked to him? Seen him in private without cameras or during interviews? No? Ah then, he is a complete stranger, his mind never goes in your direction- so why are you wasting yours on him?
    Good intentions but a terrible idea. Have you seen the documentary with the women who grind the Eiffel Tower and roller coasters?

ReputationRep:
    what inanimate things would you suggest i become obsessed with?
    it doesnt sound like a great plan.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't do it that's the route to addiction

edit: Unless we are talking media i.e. hobbies everyone else does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    Just don't do it that's the route to addiction

edit: Unless we are talking media i.e. hobbies everyone else does
    I just dont see how I can replace love for a human being with love for an inanimate object...what does thewaffle suggest, that I marry my pillow?

ReputationRep:
    "Inanimate" was a wrong word- I meant hobbies, books, arts, sciences. Not people. Just like Holmes himself- ignore the primitive desires, change them with education.

ReputationRep:
    "Inanimate" was a wrong word- I meant hobbies, books, arts, sciences. Not people. Just like Holmes himself- ignore the primitive desires, change them with education.
    lol.

that's the thing with primitive desires. you cant ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who's ever asked me what I see in him, i think this explains everything:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/53712...tom-hiddleston

its hard to find a man with all those attributes in this day and age.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who's ever asked me what I see in him, i think this explains everything:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/53712...tom-hiddleston

its hard to find a man with all those attributes in this day and age.
    Actually a lot more guys are like that than you'd think. I know some myself. Anyway that is just his good side. He will have a bad side too- like everyone else. He isn't as perfect as you think he is. He's not a one of a kind diamond. Don't give up on meeting someone with at least a good few of the qualities listed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWaffle)
    Actually a lot more guys are like that than you'd think. I know some myself. Anyway that is just his good side. He will have a bad side too- like everyone else. He isn't as perfect as you think he is. He's not a one of a kind diamond. Don't give up on meeting someone with at least a good few of the qualities listed.
    i highly doubt that. i know he isnt perfect. but all round he's a far better man in every way than most of the geezers you meet in everyday life. some may have a few of his qualities, but not all of them, and not to the same degree.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    i highly doubt that. i know he isnt perfect. but all round he's a far better man in every way than most of the geezers you meet in everyday life. some may have a few of his qualities, but not all of them, and not to the same degree.
    waaaait a minute :rolleyes:

entitlement complex anyone? Not you too sherlockfan

ReputationRep:
    waaaait a minute :rolleyes:

entitlement complex anyone? Not you too sherlockfan
    Excuse me?

ReputationRep:
    Excuse me?
    you sort of openly admitted to Mr Cumberbatch being better than the vast majority of men out there, and that being good enough reason to reject every other man and never let go of pining for him.

ReputationRep:
    you sort of openly admitted to Mr Cumberbatch being better than the vast majority of men out there, and that being good enough reason to reject every other man and never let go of pining for him.
    He is.
    I could say the same of most men who favour slim girls with big boobs tbh, that theyre just entitled. but it wouldnt make any sense because its perfectly normal to have preferences and i can't control who i fall in love with.

ReputationRep:
    He is.
    I could say the same of most men who favour slim girls with big boobs tbh, that theyre just entitled. but it wouldnt make any sense because its perfectly normal to have preferences and i can't control who i fall in love with.
    Mr Cumberabcth is slightly above 'slim girls with big boobs', is like evading them to score with Aishwarya Rai

This is true but as we have always said some preferences are difficult to reach, and 'now we settle for half, and I like it better'

ReputationRep:
    Mr Cumberabcth is slightly above 'slim girls with big boobs', is like evading them to score with Aishwarya Rai

This is true but as we have always said some preferences are difficult to reach, and 'now we settle for half, and I like it better'
    I think youll find when youre in love its hard to settle for someone else. Settling only causes misery and resentment.

ReputationRep:
    I think youll find when youre in love its hard to settle for someone else. Settling only causes misery and resentment.
    I don't mean to be facetious towards your attachment to Mr Cumberbatch, but please bear in mind I too have been in love...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    bump.
    This is no longer news and you keep bumping the thread anyway, so I'm going to lock it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.