The Student Room Group

Anybody else find winter and Christmas ****ing depressing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by keromedic
Oh nice. How do you work it with new years celebrations?

Next Monday. The 15th.

I stopped celebrating New Year as well as my birthday a few years ago because I find it boring being alone.

No one remembers my birthday cos everyone is just excited about the New Year. Although I get a few random wishes because of FB reminder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Dutchman;52071865" Ruthless="Ruthless"]I used to love Christmas, but it feels like it's been different since.. 2012?? Why that year? A lot of people I've talked to seem to feel the same way, maybe the world really did end D: This year's Christmas is going to be very different to all the years before though, with my parents not together and all, and my older sister being at her boyfriend's. So it'll just be my mum, my two younger sisters, and me. I hope it'll be ok, but I'm going to have to change my mental definition of it now.

Winter I'm ok with, I prefer being warm but that's why it's so nice to be cooped up inside. I'm usually the warmest so people cuddle up to me which I'm ok with too :biggrin: My favourite part of it is when I had to wake up really early to head to the train station for uni back in 1st year. This was more Jan/Feb when there was a new dusting of snow on the pavements. Pure, unblemished carpets of soft snow. And complete silence too because it was so early, no cars to be heard at all and it was dark, the streets only lit by the streetlights.

I loved walking to the station on my own, nothing but the crunching of snow under my feet and the billowing of clouds that form from my breath. There's something really calming about walking on snowy pavements in the dark.

Daytime is not so enjoyable however, snow turns to sludge as people desperately clear the roads so that cars can pass safely, everything is wet and the snow turns a muddy brown-grey. It's horribly slippy too, I've been working on perfecting a snow-walking technique which I had to develop when walking home because I live in a place with lots of hills [[That's Wales in a nutshell]], I know all too well the uncomfortable pang of adrenaline as your centre of gravity shifts far beyond your feet, the friction you once trusted under your boots fails and time slows down as your rear heads towards the pavement like the moon in that Zelda game.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

[[The world may as well end if people saw you fall, especially if you hear giggles]][/SIZE]

Glad to hear somebody at least enjoys it. What do the bits in bold mean; are you referring to anything in particular???
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
Glad to hear somebody at least enjoys it. What do the bits in bold mean; are you referring to anything in particular???

It was a Zelda reference :P
Original post by _Charlotte15
No christmas is meant to be a time of joy not depression why do you dislike it so much?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cos it makes me feel bad to see people all loved up and happy with their partners and families and i'm always just never happy or lively.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman

wow that was amazing! I really enjoyed reading that! Are you a writer?
Reply 65
Original post by I love shopping
wow that was amazing! I really enjoyed reading that! Are you a writer?

Thank you! But nope :P Every now and then I get in the mood to write like that though :smile:
I find Christmas and winter to be amazing!!! :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending