were/are you popular at school? Watch

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
No, but they liked throwing dictionaries, paper aeroplanes and jelly sweets at me. :sad:
Uh.

I had some chemical put in my eye once. My eye wouldn't stop watering.

Top that
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not even remotely
Cormac Easton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Not even remotely

I can believe this.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Cormac Easton)
I can believe this.
I'm sorry I haven't the foggiest idea who you are. *looks at join date*. Oh, right, 14 days ago... and you know anything about me how exactly?
Cormac Easton
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
I'm sorry I haven't the foggiest idea who you are. *looks at join date*. Oh, right, 14 days ago... and you know anything about me how exactly?
:lol:
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol not at all, I hanged around with a few other guys but there were more popular & boisterous people in my year for sure. I reckon my image still isn't that great from my school, a lot of people still might think I'm this shy & unassuming gimp :erm:
TorpidPhil
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was popular in high school. Popularity in primary school is too hard to define, I'm not even sure anybody was "popular" there. We were all too innocent to have such notions back then. But in high school that's when the real groups start forming. Friendship groups that all associate with different ideals. Attaching ourselves to different recreational interests, different styles of clothing, different musical preferences.

There were two predominant sub-groups within my high school. The "chavs" and the "moshers". Everyone who wasn't part of those two groups belonged to their own small friendship groups of less than 10 or so peope but there were about 30 or so chavs and moshers in my year group. I have no idea if this divide was present in all year groups or just my own. I suspect it was though as there were moshers and chavs from lower and older years who associated with the groups in my year too.

I was popular because I was tough, bold and charismatic. I belonged to the moshers and while I often got into fights with the chavs I nevertheless did manage to befriend many of them. This no doubt was aided by the fact that I sold fizzy drinks in school rather cheap and our school was a "healthy school" so fizzy drinks were banned. I also had quite a peculiar education. At the time I wanted to be a quantity surveryor and so I took the highest level course I could do at the local building college while still in high school. I was studying that with 3 others but we met up with all the work-related students who were just studying basic practical skills of joinery and such every week. This helped me befriend a lot of the chavs.

There was also a guy who had mental health problems within the moshers. He went through puberty too quickly the poor ******* and when he was 10 he had fully developed mentally. This gave him anger issues and also, he of course, had a beard and was 6 ft tall when he was 10. By the time he was 14 he was extremely intolerant of others and due to everyone being smaller than him before that he was a huge bully. I didn't let him bully me and we often fought one another because of it. I managed to befriend him to an extent though despite the fighting and so the rest of the moshers enjoyed that because I could take him away and pacify him when he was getting riled up and aggressive with the other students.

I also took a BTEC-class which meant I was with the tier down from the top in terms of performance students. I was also in the top-set for maths and surprisingly most of the moshers were in the better classes too. Yes, most of the top performing students academically in this school were extremely popular. Add that to the perception of me as one of the "toughest guys" in the school, my being decent enough at sports, my selling contraband (lol) and the fact that I regularly chatted with and kept in contact with people from all different tiers of educational ability and yes, I was popular in high school.

Then I got to A-levels and failed terrible in my first set of exams expecting them to be as easy as GCSEs. Afterwards I said **** you to all my friends that went to the same college as me, studied every lunchtime/break/free period instead of going out to chat. I stopped going out with them outside of college time. I decided to not drink alcohol or smoke ****. I lost contact with all my friends and managed to get A*AA at A-level.

I now study philosophy at university.

Story of my life. Felt good to tell it even though nobody will care, just feel I've had a bit of an odd life and wonder if anybody can empathise in anyway...
Reeeeyah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not particularly no.
Tom_Ford
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, I was not at all, I was a nerd lol.
EnolaGay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Just popular in my class
Not in the whole school.
Kangie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Primary school was amazing, was friends with basically everyone.
Secondary school up to year 10 was horrible, got bullied and cried almost every night.
Year 11 was okay since I didn't really care anymore and had a few friends which I could trust.
Now in year 13 I'm still friends with the people from year 11 and am fairly happy with my little group of friends =)
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yea for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.
Class clown,bully etc
anonymouspie227
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Never 🙅 which is why I started using... Tsr 🙊🍪
rtlloyd98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd go sit and chat with anyone, and made myself very approachable... (in my own year)

Plus, I wasn't afraid to do something, no matter how ridiculous I was... always kept a smile on my face and wished happy b'days
ConnorRed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not popular but not bullied either so I can't complain. I go to great efforts to not piss anyone off. In return no one picks on me for doing nerdy things.
sophiamarni
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
No, I was the ugly quiet one who most people avoided.

me too and i was bullied it was horrid
lilymad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not popular, I have my friends group but get on with a large majority of people. Some guys do call me an alien though for the most randomest reason. But other than that I get on fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (255)
38.93%
No - but I will (45)
6.87%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.18%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
47.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed