Reveal a secret about yourself Watch

6Jesus6Christ6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by miser)
I think that's a bit of a leap to make really. I agree that it's natural to be selfish, but I think selfishness is a trait whose extent varies according to the person. To the degree that selfishness affects a person's moral choices, I think we can talk about selfish ethics, but I don't think it makes a discussion of ethics redundant.
Well, I may be asking you to generalise, but in what way do you find people to be unethical?
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
BREAKING NEWS: MM has self-image issues! :shock:
It's a secret in rl. :hmpf:
Maid Marian
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
Fair point, my bad
:girl:
O.Ozz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dont watch football and im a guy

it makes me soo suicidal at times..
chidchilli
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)

Woo! Same... Minus the suicidal bit :-/

Too bawse for you, sir.
tricky jj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm so horny that I masturbate twice a day.
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chidchilli)
Woo! Same... Minus the suicidal bit :-/

Too bawse for you, sir.
How do you feel when you tell others?

I really feel like a **** when people know i dont watch football. It's even more embarassing when a girl ask you 'what football team you support'
miser
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 6Jesus6Christ6)
Well, I may be asking you to generalise, but in what way do you find people to be unethical?
For example, eating meat, having children, or otherwise accepting social norms as an excuse to do things which have associated ethical problems.
BrendanP123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HSafirah)
:five:
:five:
generic_man
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)

Does it really? Or are you trying to make yourself sound cool?
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by miser)
For example, eating meat, having children, or otherwise accepting social norms as an excuse to do things which have associated ethical problems.
I can see eating meat, but how is having children ethically bankrupt? I can understand that it wouldn't be ethically right in some situations, but you make it sounds like there's no acceptable way to have kids.
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by smegma_butty)
Does it really? Or are you trying to make yourself sound cool?
It makes me seriously depressed. I do try to watch football but i dont get the same buzz as every guy

I'm serious men who dont watch football, they get questioned about a LOT of things... when a group is talking about football, i litterally run off or if football is on the screen in the barbershop, i walk out.

Can't stand people judging me that i dont watch football
Willburrr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
Taylor Swift is my homegirl...
TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN AND EVERYONE'S HOMEGIRL, SHE IS THE BEST PERSON ALIVE AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH

this isn't even a lie I love her music
mellow_fellow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i've cheated in an exam before.... but i didn't get away with it! Btw, has anyone here sat the german 6GN04 exam in june 2014 - i'd like to know the film/literature question from that exam session, as the 2014 papers aren't up online yet. Thanks!
mellow_fellow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by loooiioool)
I was raped a couple years ago. I think that's what has had such an affect on my mental health. I'm a guy btw.
I'm so sorry to hear that, i wish you all the best mate. It takes a lot to admit that. Hugs
Pisces20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by noshahmad)
I'm very good at hiding my emotions but when things build up, it all comes out at once so people think I'm rather odd for having "switch on/off" sort of personality

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is literally me! Especially when it builds up and then you get accused for over reacting cos you dont show it at orher times..

Posted from TSR Mobile
miser
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I can see eating meat, but how is having children ethically bankrupt? I can understand that it wouldn't be ethically right in some situations, but you make it sounds like there's no acceptable way to have kids.
I didn't mean to suggest it was ethically bankrupt but it's not exactly a clear cut issue and could be, from my point of view, immoral, if you're unnecessarily bringing a new conscious entity out of the ether and bestowing upon it needs that aren't guaranteed to be met. It's not an area I'll express certainty of opinion about but I think it's far from self-evidently moral. It's an example of a very common thing which people take for granted as being moral without ever having thought about the ethics at all.

Having children, as it seems to me, is really quite a selfish thing in that the parents do it for themselves, not for the child (who doesn't exist and has no need of nor obviously benefits from existence), and this is compounded when we consider how many already-existing children there are who already have needs which are not being met, such as orphans, who would greatly benefit from adoption, yet people still choose to create new people with yet further needs to be met.

My point is really that people often don't seriously consider the ethical nature of their actions in life, so it's not particularly probable that our impulses are going to necessarily be moral. I think that people tend to overestimate how ethical they behave (few people in my experience tend to think they are unethical) when there are many common behaviours which could easily be immoral yet go uninvestigated and indulged in anyway.
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's nothing I'd reveal online that I wouldn't reveal offline. I'm very much an open book except for a very small handful of things I won't reveal ​anywhere.
MissLalaxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I had a crush on the playground king in Recess. Don't judge. That uni brow turned me on!
Johnnypregil
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got a phobia of caterpillars, err

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise