Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    it had to do with newtons third and first law,because the attractive forces cancel each other out the car cannot accelerate.So by newtons first way an unbalanced force is required to move or accelerate the car.I forgot to mention about the third law i guess they'll probably cut out 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farah4298)
    Mine was 0.4 something too
    Does that mean the goal was scored or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No goal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vishalfernando)
    Did anyone do the question to find the radius of the oil drop? If yes, then can you tell me how you did it please?
    used the formula:
    terminal velocity= [2gr^2(density_of_oil-density_of_air]/[9*coefficient_of_viscosity]

density of air is 1......rest we got and made r the subject....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by errorinfinity)
    guys what was you tension in the bungee rope question ?
    mine was 1875 (using the "show that" value)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by massheadache)
    No goal!
    what if you wrote 0.4 and wrote goal? will they cut all the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosebubs)
    I wrote so too! I don't think they will cut all the marks though.
    Plus, I'm not sure that the goal wasn't scored, because even though the found distance is less than the height between the boy and the ring, maybe the ball went up and down through the ring, and the distance we found was after the ball has already went up and was going down at the time..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the question to find the radius of the oil drop? If yes, then can you tell me how you did it please?
    Stokes law was used, ignoring the upthrust
    I totally forgot the figures and all

ReputationRep:
    it had to do with newtons third and first law,because the attractive forces cancel each other out the car cannot accelerate.So by newtons first way an unbalanced force is required to move or accelerate the car.I forgot to mention about the third law i guess they'll probably cut out 1 mark
    I didn't write anything about cancelling forces. I mentioned that Magnet A had the toy car attached to it and so had greater mass. So the force is not enough to create a resultant force and so no acceleration

ReputationRep:
    if u got 0.4 as you'r displacemet then I believe you will get 3 marks....1 mark is probably about the comment maybe even 2 (that is considering that 0.4 is right)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ha97)
    what did u guys get for the vetcal displacement of the basket ball?
    Used V^2= U^2+ 2AS

I got 0.74 or 0.78 not sure. The goal was scored

ReputationRep:
    As the ball reached terminal velocity and upthrust was told to be ignored. I used the equation Weight=Viscous Drag, where weight is the density of oil* pi*4/3*radius^3*9.81= 6*pi*viscosity*velocity*Radius. My answer was 3.3*10^-6

Did anyone do the one for the tension in the spider's thread? I ran out of time while trying to solve that one

ReputationRep:
    i think is about newtons 3rd law... both a and b have the same for but equally an opposite direction so they cancel out as a result no acceleration so it stays at rest

ReputationRep:
    guys what did you write about in the spider question ??? I think A in this test will be from 50-53 .... I hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaledelzeiny1)
    guys what did you write about in the spider question ??? I think A in this test will be from 50-53 .... I hope so
    well it better be !
    besides this paper was really hard compared to the previous years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtareq24)
    I didn't write anything about cancelling forces. I mentioned that Magnet A had the toy car attached to it and so had greater mass. So the force is not enough to create a resultant force and so no acceleration
    greater mass? nono,that's wrong
    the attractive forces are of the same type and so they cancel out each other because same magnitude so no acceleration
    give reference to newtons first and third law you'll most probably get all the marks

ReputationRep:
    because they gave us the vertical height from the point from where the ball was thrown it was 0.7 and we found the vertical height which was 0.4 =1.13 if you add them so that's why i wrote goal probably wrong i have no idea. All i'm sure about is that i'm repeating for sure

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    When will they release the grade boundaries for january 2015 exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanojhan)
    When will they release the grade boundaries for january 2015 exams?
    With the results I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unicorn16)
    What was the date on the front of the paper guyssss?????? Helppppppp, I forgot what the date/year was..
    it was so hard :/
    I don't really understand your question, what date do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farah4298)
    I don't really understand your question, what date do you mean?
    doesnt matter XD
    I was wondering if you or anyone here have the mark scheme for this paper: https://www.edexcel.com/migrationdoc...e_20140115.pdf

i need to check if my answers are correct

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.