Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a Muslim? watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date a Muslim?
    Yes
    27.50%
    Yes (only that they respects my views)
    18.93%
    Not Sure
    7.50%
    No My family would be worried
    2.50%
    No we would have nothing in common
    6.43%
    100% No
    37.14%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhstar)
    Most people who say they would or have in the past would have been with a muslim who isn't that practicing or is more liberal. It is haraam to in Islam, a girl isn't supposed to be on a date with a man without a male relative close by, or atleast should be in public as far I'm aware.

To my point above, I thought it was haraam in your religion to , no?
    Zayn Malik's mum.If it was haraam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poestro)
    Practicing one or not?
    Your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 061194)
    Zayn Malik's mum.If it was haraam.
    Sorry I don't get your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tengentoppa)
    I would never date a practicing Muslim, but I could date someone who came from a Muslim background.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I don't get your point?
    Sorry wrong thread

ReputationRep:
    I was surprise by some of the replies.
    If you don't want to date a muslim?? Name the reasons. So, we would know them, rather being rational.

Meeting a girl so you would know her better, and she would do the same is not haram in Islam.

What haram tabboo in Islam is that you meet a girl for the sake of ****ing her only, and then leave her as you never knew her. Only animals do that.

Islam see a better prespective about a relastionship, its not only to suffice your human instinct like an animal, and that is it. In Isalm, its taboo to have intersexual intercourse with a girl unless you are married to her. And, that is because you have to be responisble about her, and her childen.

Why the western's culture took from the sex, its true value and meaning. Sex is supposed to strenght the bond between the man the women. But sex in western culture is only about desires and needs. would you deny that?!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry wrong thread
    lol ok I was like what??
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Probably not. Much like I wouldn't date someone who had conflicting views not concerning religion.

ReputationRep:
    Most people who say they would or have in the past would have been with a muslim who isn't that practicing or is more liberal. It is haraam to in Islam, a girl isn't supposed to be on a date with a man without a male relative close by, or atleast should be in public as far I'm aware.

To my point above, I thought it was haraam in your religion to , no?
    It is but I'm not that religious. I don't care about the guys religion but my parents do unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SP0TIFY)
    Probably not. Much like I wouldn't date someone who had conflicting views not concerning religion.
    Which did you vote then?

(Original post by tammie123)
    It is but I'm not that religious. I don't care about the guys religion but my parents do unfortunately
    You're wearing hijab yet you say you would date a non-Muslim?? What is the world coming to...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Which did you vote then?
    "not sure"... ofc this would be one of many factors, such as how seriously they take their religion. For example, I'm a Christian (baptised etc...) but don't really believe in the whole 7 days thing :P

(Original post by Sheraz Imran)
    I'm a Muslim (arguably solely by name) and if I was to be absolutely honest I would probably prefer to date a Non-Muslim rather than a Muslim but then that's just me
    Why?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tammie123)
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You're wearing hijab yet you say you would date a non-Muslim?? What is the world coming to...
    Well, in this case it would appear to be becoming a world that is slowly heading towards a place where people are free to make their own decisions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle religious wise, I follow most things not all. Are you muslim?

ReputationRep:
    100% no. I've never been able to get my head around religion and why people actually believe in it, so I'd never be able to fully understand what's going on in their heads. I don't think I could ever get close to anybody who believes in the existence of any higher power because we live in completely different worlds.

ReputationRep:
    She didn't say that exactly.Were not all perfect Muslims .
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No I definitely wouldn't. I'm Catholic and there's no way we'd be compatible. I have nothing against being friends with a liberal non-extremist muslim (indeed I do have some muslim friends), but for a relationship it just wouldn't work, and if they were serious about their faith they wouldn't want to date a Catholic anyway.

ReputationRep:
    That would very much depend on the Muslim. It's just a religious belief, not a way of life, ya feel?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, there's still an element of racism that lingers inside me, so I wouldn't be very comfortable. Luckily, since I'm a guy, I wouldn't run into this problem, as Muslim women can only marry Muslim men, and I'm a non-Muslim person.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.