Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's another Melanie Sykes situation.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I don't see why his marriage is anyone elses concern. Good for him. Happy for them both.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pleased that Fry has found himself some happiness, as everyone who's followed him knows the life he's led and the torture his mental illnesses have put him through across the years. The big reason so many people are against this marriage is because of:

a) the media, who've so far managed to show approximately 0 decent photos of the two, opting instead to show pictures where Fry is happy and laughing, but Spencer appears scared/ solemn. It's very easy to be fooled into believing Fry's the only one happy out of the two, or that Spencer is only in it for the money or any other negative opinion you may gather, but please imagine what your reaction would be like had you read an article not accompanied by a suggestive photo.

b) subtle homophobia. Would a 57 year old straight man get such scrutiny for marrying a younger woman?

ReputationRep:
    They're married now, they both looked happy in the wedding photo Fry tweeted.

ReputationRep:
    the guy is a raging pervert in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BRE96)
    I'm really pleased that Fry has found himself some happiness, as everyone who's followed him knows the life he's led and the torture his mental illnesses have put him through across the years. The big reason so many people are against this marriage is because of:

a) the media, who've so far managed to show approximately 0 decent photos of the two, opting instead to show pictures where Fry is happy and laughing, but Spencer appears scared/ solemn. It's very easy to be fooled into believing Fry's the only one happy out of the two, or that Spencer is only in it for the money or any other negative opinion you may gather, but please imagine what your reaction would be like had you read an article not accompanied by a suggestive photo.

b) subtle homophobia. Would a 57 year old straight man get such scrutiny for marrying a younger woman?
    probably yes

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.