Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BBC One Show complaints about Rita Ora outfit watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have examined the offending images from the show closely and can indeed confirm that I am horny outraged.

(Original post by minimarshmallow)
    The point is that just because it turns you on doesn't make it sexual, doesn't mean it should be covered or a case for it to be complained about and an apology made. I probably have more cleavage on show when I go shopping and I don't see the police pulling me up on public decency laws - because they don't apply in this situation.
    If it can be used during sexual intercourse and/or any other sexual activity (that includes foreplay, fetishes etc.), then it's sexual. That's pretty much why people get turned on by something: they're thinking about how they can use it during sexual intercourse, or a sexual activity of some kind. That's the point I've been trying to make.

You mentioned that if boobs are offensive because they're used in foreplay, we should also cover up ears, lips, feet and toes. I agree that those things can also be classed as sexual because they're also used during foreplay - but I've been saying all along that sexual stuff such as boobs and feet are not offensive, and that people shouldn't have to cover up sexual things because:

A) It would be pretty irrational to cover up stuff like body parts that you need on a daily basis, and food (all stuff which can be used during foreplay, and for fetishes).

B) Societies should be sexually permissive, and they need to completely embrace sexual permissiveness because it's a lot healthier.

ReputationRep:
    If Rita wants to dress like a hooker, then we should support her life choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    In the west we find them sexual and it has been proven that breasts play an important role in sexual bonding. Can you show me at what point I said that breasts were sex organs (pro tip, you can't).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-...b_1910401.html

Breasts fit the definition of sexual whether you like it or not.
    Seconded. It's hilarious these people are complaining about the complainers by claiming breasts aren't sexual when men are clearly attracted to them.

Those "prudish" women who complained are doing their utmost to prevent the nation falling into the trap of encouraging promiscuity whilst simultaneously limiting the value of sex and diminishing long-lasting relationships. Women like Rita Ora are the death-nail in women's liberty and she doesn't even know it. So are all "easy" women and those who promote such behaviour.

(Original post by HigherMinion)
    Seconded. It's hilarious these people are complaining about the complainers by claiming breasts aren't sexual when men are clearly attracted to them.

Those "prudish" women who complained are doing their utmost to prevent the nation falling into the trap of encouraging promiscuity whilst simultaneously limiting the value of sex and diminishing long-lasting relationships. Women like Rita Ora are the death-nail in women's liberty and she doesn't even know it. So are all "easy" women and those who promote such behaviour.
    I think I must be the exception then. I've been claiming breasts are sexual on this thread (because they are), but I've been saying all along that women shouldn't have to cover up sexual things at all.

Can you explain what this sentence means, in more detail:

Those "prudish" women who complained are doing their utmost to prevent the nation falling into the trap of encouraging promiscuity whilst simultaneously limiting the value of sex and diminishing long-lasting relationships.
    Are you talking about the TSR users complaining, or the women complaining in real life? How is encouraging promiscuity a "trap"?

Also, why are easy women a "death nail" in women's liberty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    Can you explain what this sentence means, in more detail:

Are you talking about the TSR users complaining, or the women complaining in real life? How is encouraging promiscuity a "trap"?

Also, why are easy women a "death nail" in women's liberty?
    Because sex is a commodity to be traded for security, status and favour. When women put out more easily, it lowers the bartering value and supply begins to exceed demand, which means the quality of men drops significantly. Soon you'll start to see that different traits in men begin to appeal to women due to their security from the state.

Women who sleep around with many partners end up far more separated towards their family, which has been proven with statistics showing a correlation between unhappiness and depression in married women with the number of sexual partners before. What this shows is that attempting to move towards Brave New World is completely unnatural to us.

When you encourage promiscuity and hedonism, you are simultaneously NOT encouraging self-restraint, reservedness and the family. This is damaging for everyone - an affect you won't feel the full force of for another generation.

ReputationRep:
    so tired of slut shaming

ReputationRep:
    It's Britain, they'll complain about anything.

Rita knows she has a rack, she's a narcissistic woman.

(Original post by HigherMinion)
    Because sex is a commodity to be traded for security, status and favour. When women put out more easily, it lowers the bartering value and supply begins to exceed demand, which means the quality of men drops significantly. Soon you'll start to see that different traits in men begin to appeal to women due to their security from the state.

Women who sleep around with many partners end up far more separated towards their family, which has been proven with statistics showing a correlation between unhappiness and depression in married women with the number of sexual partners before. What this shows is that attempting to move towards Brave New World is completely unnatural to us.

When you encourage promiscuity and hedonism, you are simultaneously NOT encouraging self-restraint, reservedness and the family. This is damaging for everyone - an affect you won't feel the full force of for another generation.
    Thanks for the info. It does make a lot of sense, so I'd be inclined to agree with all of that. I don't regard promiscuity as being particularly helpful either - it actually goes against my own opinions. I like to advocate that people should think for themselves by actually using their brain, and endeavour to seek the best for their life in order to become the best that they can be. If someone is engaging in promiscuous behaviour, they're not doing either of those things.

Women who sleep around with many partners end up far more separated towards their family, which has been proven with statistics showing a correlation between unhappiness and depression in married women with the number of sexual partners before.
    Do you have a link to these statistics? I've never seen them before, so I need to be certain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)

Do you have a link to these statistics? I've never seen them before, so I need to be certain.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/07/op...that.html?_r=0

Sociologists attempt to debunk this by claiming the correlation is irrelevant, so you can look at that argument too. I see little merit in suggesting the men the women choose to marry are alcoholics and drug addicts, however, since if true all it shows is their perceptive longevity skills and ability to choose a decent partner is impaired.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...e-sex-partners

I had previously posted a graphic on this, but I'm not at home and I can't remember which thread I posted it in. EDIT: here you go- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9&postcount=93
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    She looked lovely on The Voice tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Breast originally were seen as organs but now with these horny guys they are seen as sexual, I dunno why these females celebs feel the need to do such things xD put them away for another day.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.