The Student Room Group

LCF Make-up and prosthetics portfolio.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey! I looooved the course I didn't realise how good It was because I hadn't been to an opening day so I was really surprised! I think my interview went okay but they didn't really give much away :frown: fingers crossed now I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by mellllx
Hey! I looooved the course I didn't realise how good It was because I hadn't been to an opening day so I was really surprised! I think my interview went okay but they didn't really give much away :frown: fingers crossed now I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah well fingers crossed! That's got me excited for my interview, I didn't get the chance to attend an opening day either.

Sorry to badger you with the questions, but what was the interview like/what did it involve? I know on here you can't give too much away but my letter mentions a 'written exercise', did you have to do something like this? :-)
Reply 62
Haha it's fine! Better to be prepared :smile: Well when we first went in the tutor went through a PowerPoint on what the course involves and the modules, then we had a your of all the workshop and studios and then we were called in separately for like a 10 minute interview, they didn't really ask me much tbh they just asked me to pick out one piece of work from my portfolio which I was proud of and one which I didn't really like and explain why, and they asked a few questions like which makeup artist do I aspire to be like :smile: I was really worrying about nothing it was very informal :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Someone wants to show their portfolios? :>
Has anyone been told they may be suitable for a alternative course??
Reply 65
Can anyone talk about their interviews? I have my interview at Bolton next week and I am so nervous!

I would appreciate any kind of advice :_)
Reply 66
Hiya I was just wondering if anyone had heard back from London College of Fashion yet for the prosthetics makeup course yet? Ive got a place and would love to speak to some people before going ahah!
Original post by Erre
Hello!

Is anyone preparing the portfolio for Makeup and prosthetics at LCF? I'm not sure what to include. I have many makeup/Sfx work but it is mostly done it on myself and I am not sure if you can include pictures of yourself on your own portfolio.

Any advice please?

Many thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by mellllx
Hey :smile:
I've applied! In my portfolio I'm including photos of my make-ups and my research to back up each of my finally design drawings, my makeups are variety of things creative/ sfx/ fashion etc... And I've heard that they love life drawing/ primary source drawing so they'll definitely be a lot of that in there, I'm only putting my best stuff in though as I also heard they don't like more than 25 pages but if you've it it obviously shuv it all in!!
I'm not too sure about putting photos in of makeup you've done on yourself, but I do a makeup course at college at the moment and I was in the same debate, some people don't seem to think it's a good idea but I suppose if it's is only a few I doubt it would matter! Hope this helps! X

Original post by harrfa1
Hiya, I have also applied to LCF and have to submit 10 pieces of work before 29th Jan. They mentioned 'research', would this just be taking a picture of my sketch book which has a few research bits in?? So confused. Very nervous about the whole thing but how exciting! :smile:

Original post by lauraaaaaox
Hi I'm applying for the same course as you for LCF!:smile:

I was just wondering what you're including in your portfolio? I'm worried I'm not including the right things!
Ive got a few SFX pictures, creative makeup, a moodboard as research, a few face charts, and a couple of life drawings?
do you think this will be ok?

Thanks!:smile: xx

Hi, I'm sorry this is unrelated!
I just wondered what course you did before going into make up and prosthetics? Was it an art and design foundation course? I'm looking into prosthetics and it looks interesting but I don't know how I would go about checking it's what I want to do at university first, (I'm currently doing AS Levels).

Thank you!
Original post by discombobulatedM
Hi, I'm sorry this is unrelated!
I just wondered what course you did before going into make up and prosthetics? Was it an art and design foundation course? I'm looking into prosthetics and it looks interesting but I don't know how I would go about checking it's what I want to do at university first, (I'm currently doing AS Levels).

Thank you!

Hi Girls. Sorry to interrupt on your thread but if any of you are interested in fashion then could you possibly fill out my university survey please, focusing on fashion brands and Facebook. It would be massively appreciated and there is a chance to win 1 of 3 Love to Shop vouchers. Thank you https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8229F7C
Did any apply for grimsby??
I had a interview there and its such a lovely place!! Interviewer was just asking things like why did you choose the course where do you see yourself in 3 years time etc
Smashed the interview and got an unconditional offer
I have a interview at luton & manchester in april very excited :smile:
I studied media makeup & hair level 2/3 i never did A levels and still got unconditional offer
Reply 71
Original post by DavineNicola94
Did any apply for grimsby??
I had a interview there and its such a lovely place!! Interviewer was just asking things like why did you choose the course where do you see yourself in 3 years time etc
Smashed the interview and got an unconditional offer
I have a interview at luton & manchester in april very excited :smile:

Congratualtions with Grimsby! I haven't applied for Grimsby but I have applied for Manchester and also have my interview in April! The date of mine is the 15th April, very excited but also VERY nervous!! What date is your interview??
Mine is the 15th too!! :biggrin:
And thank you there prosthetic work there is amazing, what time is your interview
Reply 74
Original post by DavineNicola94
And thank you there prosthetic work there is amazing, what time is your interview

Ah how exciting! My interview is at 9am and I'm travelling from Suffolk (not looking forward to the journey) Do you have to provide a written piece and did your letter mention some sort of written exercise??
Aww thats so early! Mines at 12:30 and im traving from sheffield so not far :smile: Yeah we do but i really dont know what to write about?? Do you? Hmm very confusing
Hope everything goes well & goodluck!! :smile:
Reply 77
I also have an interview in Grimsby at the end of April! What kind of things you present in your portfolio? Many art work? I have a lot of looks/Sfx makeup but not much art stuff, do you guys think that would be a problem?
Reply 78
Original post by Erre
I also have an interview in Grimsby at the end of April! What kind of things you present in your portfolio? Many art work? I have a lot of looks/Sfx makeup but not much art stuff, do you guys think that would be a problem?

I have the same problem but with every makeup look I've done sketches and ideas to show my planning for it... I can't draw very well at all but it all looks good together!! x
Nope i didnt show much art things mostly special effects :smile: these are some of mine what i included

Quick Reply

Latest