Turn on thread page Beta

Would you have one of your legs removed for £10,000,000? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not.

10million can be earned, I would sooner have full ability to move.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people willing to have a leg cut off for 10M....

But how many of you are willing to work equally as hard for it?

Because willing to lose a leg is a hell of a commitment and shows you REALLY desire the money, if you were that commitment to getting the 10M you wouldn't need to lose a leg anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Rather it were my brain, what use is that without a leg to tell it what to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Yeah Id DEFINITELY like to keep that. Thanks!
    But £10 000 000 could get you a better apparatus :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I am not sure of what ten million pounds would buy me that would make up for the disability. I enjoy climbing and running (and generally getting around easily) more than I would enjoy limping around a mansion.

No chance. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I'd get prosthetic legs and buy myself an isolated house of my dreams and also invest the money in successful businesses.Then I'd sit home and have fun for the rest of my life.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    No, I need both my legs.

(Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    I presume that you didn't think of the possibility of bionic legs costing less than 10 million when you made this post. Despite this, the answer to your question from me is no. Money is a made up concept with no real value. Yes it's good for making exchanges simpler (the days of bartering are long gone) but besides that it is something we can live without. Similar to any other animals, we need food, water, heat and shelter in order to survive and of course both our legs too! (survival of the fittest and all that). Money is just a made up number, giving people a false sense of hope and satisfaction and skewing their image of reality. No matter how much or how little you have, you don't need it to live and of course the government always gets their hands on it somehow!
    If you don't want your made-up numbers I have a Paypal account that you could send them to.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Then I can be like Oscar Pistorius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DailyMailIsALiar)
    I presume that you didn't think of the possibility of bionic legs costing less than 10 million when you made this post. Despite this, the answer to your question from me is no. Money is a made up concept with no real value. Yes it's good for making exchanges simpler (the days of bartering are long gone) but besides that it is something we can live without. Similar to any other animals, we need food, water, heat and shelter in order to survive and of course both our legs too! (survival of the fittest and all that). Money is just a made up number, giving people a false sense of hope and satisfaction and skewing their image of reality. No matter how much or how little you have, you don't need it to live and of course the government always gets their hands on it somehow!
    That sounds real inspiring and all but you got a bit carried away. Money is a placeholder for the value of things. Gone are the days of trading and money is an exchange for the value of a product or service, the value of the coins or note remain the same within the country but can fluctuate internationally due to exchange rates. Money is not a made up number.

As far not needing it to live, unless you can live completely self-sufficient, that being growing your own food, making your own clothes and form of transport, electricity, water supply etc, you rely on someone else's skills to survive. That someone would require something in exchange for you using their products or services, and that my friend would be money.

[[EDIT: Although I wouldn't get my legs removed for any price]]

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say yes, but then I thought of the actual operation and the whole "not having a leg" thing, and I don't genuinely think I would do it.

I know that prosthetic legs can give you the freedom to do pretty much anything - but there are limits - and I don't feel that there should be a price to put on purposefully limiting your own life.

ReputationRep:
    That's seriously stupid to do. You can get those artificial legs even for 5mln but it won't be the same. It can be the ugliest thing in the world, in my opinion removing parts its just silly. Opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmy121)
    A lot of people willing to have a leg cut off for 10M....

But how many of you are willing to work equally as hard for it?

Because willing to lose a leg is a hell of a commitment and shows you REALLY desire the money, if you were that commitment to getting the 10M you wouldn't need to lose a leg anyway.
    Couldn't answer it any better.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming my leg and I are healthy...Never.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No.

No amount of money is worth losing your independence or your physical attributes

ReputationRep:
    No. Not for any number. If im not able to play football i may as well be dead.

ReputationRep:
    Tough one.. it's a lot of money that invested properly you are set for life living an amazing life style, on the other hand i do like my leg...

I don't know, but they'd probably be able to grow you a new fully functioning leg in like 2 decades or so... if you can wait that long..

ReputationRep:
    My legs are far too sexy for me to give them up

ReputationRep:
    I'll assume that it' cheating to get a bionic leg

No, if it's one leg permanently I would become depressed, movement outside is one of my greatest pleasures in life

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.