Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your biggest pet peeves? watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Snoring!

I love my bf and cats more than everything but all 3 of them snore every night and you can still hear my bf while wearing earplugs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    People who get offended on the behalf of others.

ReputationRep:
    People that complain about peoples bad habits that they posses themselves but they just dont realise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hypocrites

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The sound of nail biting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. People who hog the middle lane
    2. People who do 40mph on the motorway
    3. People who claim speeding kills. It doesn't. Undue care and attention on the part of a careless driver kills
    4. People who small talk a lot and mention trivial things rather than getting straight to the point
    5. People who stand in doorways
    6. Slow walkers who then stop dead in front of you
    7. Women in supermarkets with trolleys who can't control the things or block entire aisles
    8. People who barely know you that make presumptions about you
    9. Public transport of any kind
    10. People who don't park properly in parking bays
    11. People who throw rubbish on the floor
    12. People that block the way to things that should be accessible like cupboards, drawers, etc.
    13. McDonalds telling me i'll get 20 chicken nuggets but then proceeds to give me 19 chicken nuggets
    14. People who leave any sort of mess in my car. They simply will never be allowed back in my car again
    15. Powerpoint presentations
    16. People who clap in the cinema
    17. People who misuse the word literally
    18. Waiting at the airport for my luggage to turn up
    19. People who talk in text speak. It wasn't cool in 2003. It is not cool now
    20. People who have writing so bad you can't read it
    21. Tins of food that don't have the pulley thing meaning you have to use a tin opener that probably doesn't function as intended
    22. People who don't put their phones down at restaurants or other social events
    23. People who use phrases such as 'when you do such and such...' on social media sites like Facebook. You don't do anything. You're on Facebook constantly so stop lying to us for likes
    24. People who park at the petrol station and then move even though the petrol pump will reach around their car
    25. People who put on a silly voice in an attempt to impress people
    26. Security guards in shops who follow you around as if they've seen you on Crimewatch numerous times
    27. That horrible plastic packaging that is a nightmare to get open and is actually dangerous
    28. Idiots who curl in the squat rack
    29. Idiots who approach you in the gym and proceed to explain their entire bodybuilding blog to you in fine detail
    30. People who conform so easily to modern trends as if its something to be proud of
    31. Drivers that overtake slowly
    32. Drivers with poor lane control that don't read the road ahead using road markings and signage. They should have their license revoked
    33. Vending machines that don't accept coins after you've already put a load in
    34. Vending machines that have the 'call out this person' message if something gets stuck. Nobody is doing that over a drink
    35. People who spend their entire lives gaming yet are oblivious to how enjoyable the real world actually is

ReputationRep:
    People who drive below the speed limit on long, straight stretches of empty road in perfect road and weather conditions.

Chavs.

YouTube adverts.

Endless popups on video streaming sites.

Trashy pop radio tunes.

Big bang theory (the trashy tv show, not the concept outlining the origin of the universe).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Lazy people. Whether they are teenagers who havent grown up or taken any responsibility for themselves or who are just immature.

If you have something to do, do it now because then youve done it. simple

But some teenagers seem to think if they just sit there and mum does everything that this life will last forever.. no

Many people need a foot up their rear end, seriously
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    People who get offended on the behalf of others.
    People who go out of their way to find everything offensive. My understanding of language can be, well, not the way it was intended; (that was an awkward conversation ) but I have never gone out my way actually find everything offensive.

Having dogs who seems to take up so much room. Why oh why do I have to constantly fight to my squeeze my little arse into a small space, because you and your furry mates need to spread out?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    People who spill stuff on my floor back home. I literally don't mind anything else (My friends could throw up in my kitchen sink for all I care) but ANYTHING touching the floor just sends me into a rage.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by OU Student)
    People who go out of their way to find everything offensive.
    Anyone watching Celeb Big Brother at the moment? Perez Hilton... never have I disliked a housemate so much in my life...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Anyone watching Celeb Big Brother at the moment? Perez Hilton... never have I disliked a housemate so much in my life...
    Can't believe that rubbish is still going.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Das Auto)
    1. People who hog the middle lane
    2. People who do 40mph on the motorway
    3. People who claim speeding kills. It doesn't. Undue care and attention on the part of a careless driver kills
    4. People who small talk a lot and mention trivial things rather than getting straight to the point
    5. People who stand in doorways
    6. Slow walkers who then stop dead in front of you
    7. Women in supermarkets with trolleys who can't control the things or block entire aisles
    8. People who barely know you that make presumptions about you
    9. Public transport of any kind
    10. People who don't park properly in parking bays
    11. People who throw rubbish on the floor
    12. People that block the way to things that should be accessible like cupboards, drawers, etc.
    13. McDonalds telling me i'll get 20 chicken nuggets but then proceeds to give me 19 chicken nuggets
    14. People who leave any sort of mess in my car. They simply will never be allowed back in my car again
    15. Powerpoint presentations
    16. People who clap in the cinema
    17. People who misuse the word literally
    18. Waiting at the airport for my luggage to turn up
    19. People who talk in text speak. It wasn't cool in 2003. It is not cool now
    20. People who have writing so bad you can't read it
    21. Tins of food that don't have the pulley thing meaning you have to use a tin opener that probably doesn't function as intended
    22. People who don't put their phones down at restaurants or other social events
    23. People who use phrases such as 'when you do such and such...' on social media sites like Facebook. You don't do anything. You're on Facebook constantly so stop lying to us for likes
    24. People who park at the petrol station and then move even though the petrol pump will reach around their car
    25. People who put on a silly voice in an attempt to impress people
    26. Security guards in shops who follow you around as if they've seen you on Crimewatch numerous times
    27. That horrible plastic packaging that is a nightmare to get open and is actually dangerous
    28. Idiots who curl in the squat rack
    29. Idiots who approach you in the gym and proceed to explain their entire bodybuilding blog to you in fine detail
    30. People who conform so easily to modern trends as if its something to be proud of
    31. Drivers that overtake slowly
    32. Drivers with poor lane control that don't read the road ahead using road markings and signage. They should have their license revoked
    33. Vending machines that don't accept coins after you've already put a load in
    34. Vending machines that have the 'call out this person' message if something gets stuck. Nobody is doing that over a drink
    35. People who spend their entire lives gaming yet are oblivious to how enjoyable the real world actually is
    ALL of this Except number 26, you probably just look shifty :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Can't believe that rubbish is still going.
    Ahh I love it! Don't ask me why, I will never be able to explain. I can see why some people don't like it... but I do.

ReputationRep:
    People who breathe heavy in my presence, I will ask them to be quiet it annoys me intensely. Also people who cannot take a joke/people with no humour what so ever.

ReputationRep:
    when people agree to meet up and then cancel last minute without explanation :cool:

or when people say 'yeah let's meet up soon' but then don't actually ever ask to meet up. off

ReputationRep:
    People who spell the word "definitely" as "defiantly"

People who use the word literally when talking about something which is not literal.

People who use the word literally in the right context but unnecessarily, i.e. when the thing described wouldn't be anything other than literal to begin with.

People who don't know the difference between imply and infer

People who write in their regional dialect, e.g. using "me" instead of "my". Fine when speaking, not fine when writing.

People who tack "no offence" onto the end of sentences who's clear and sole purpose is to offend.

People who stand around in the workplace doing nothing and getting in the way of those who are busy

Bus drivers who arrive early and take off from a stop before the time it's due to be there

Atheists who proclaim "Oh my God!", "For God's sakes" etc as figures of speech

People who still find swearing offensive in the year 2015

Customers in retail stores who ask of a person wearing the store uniform "Do you work here?". Duh.

People who think quick fad diets that involve pyramid marketing schemes and not eating, actually work.

Feminists who claim they want equality but actually preach superiority

Anybody who believes in something without credible evidence to support their claims

That old guy at the gym who walks around the changing room naked with his wrinkly old nut sack swinging around his knees

Black Friday and Cyber Monday

Fanboyism for particular brands like Apple, Sony etc who refuse to acknowledge the competitors achievements

Celine Dion

Give £x a month charity commercials, people who shake their cans in my face at the store exit, collection envelopes pushed through my door ... basically charities who harangue generally. If I wanna give you money, I'll find you.

People who claim they can't tell the difference between HD and SD television and then claim they have decent eyesight

People who feel the need to point out to pro wrestling fans that "its fake" as if we don't realise it, and then talk about soap operas, movies or scripted dramas they're watching which are also not real.

Come to think of it, a lot of things irritate me!

ReputationRep:
    Teachers who act like we students are stupid and says everything slowly like they are talking to a bunch of 5 year olds

Teachers who act like they are putting in so much effort into teaching us, but actually does nothing, while complaining about not having time to mark our work

People who say omg I'm so ugly/fat etc. and is basically asking for people to say no you aren't.

People who complain about my tenses or grammar, but have terrible grammar themselves

When people tell me not to say something or do something, and yet they do it themselves.

When people are super inconsiderate, yet when they want me to be quiet, we have to do it

People who act like they own the world/the world revolve around them

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.