Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not gonna be watching it, simply because I disliked his character in Breaking Bad. I found him very annoying/cheesy, which I'm aware is the whole point, but when he comes on the screen I'm just like "Meh, let's move on.". And he never really made me laugh, so I'm not drawn to this new programme.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched all the episodes yet, but Bob Odenkirk is unbelievable! :love:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's Amazing! Definitely on par with BB especially after the display by Mike on Tuesday.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    I'm not gonna be watching it, simply because I disliked his character in Breaking Bad. I found him very annoying/cheesy, which I'm aware is the whole point, but when he comes on the screen I'm just like "Meh, let's move on.". And he never really made me laugh, so I'm not drawn to this new programme.
    I wasn't much of a fan of him in Breaking Bad either, but he's really grown on me since watching this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I wasn't much of a fan of him in Breaking Bad either, but he's really grown on me since watching this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here really, I think Better Call Saul adds another dimension to his character, one that we didn't see nearly enough of in Breaking Bad.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    Same here really, I think Better Call Saul adds another dimension to his character, one that we didn't see nearly enough of in Breaking Bad.
    Yeah I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    (Original post by Changing Skies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. When it was all announced I wasn't particularly excited. He was good as a side-character in breaking bad, a bit of comic relief, but a whole show about him? I only started watching it out of curiosity really.

But actually it has far exceeded my expectations. It's been very good so far.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's definitely exceeded my expectations.

Mike's episode the other day was simply unbelievable. I'm glad that Gilligan didn't go down the original route of a sitcom, I think Jimmy's quite a tragic character who lends himself to a dramatic character arc with comedic moments, rather than an out-and-out half-an-hour comedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vondas)
    Very disappointed with the latest episode. I get that they're trying to explore Mike's backstory, but the episode falls flat on its face and the writing fails miserably, on every single level. This is truly a bad episode. Horrible pacing, weak acting, stupid writing. I give it 2/10. I thought breaking bad was bad, but this show takes bad to whole new level that I haven't seen previously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you need to get your brain checked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vondas)
    Very disappointed with the latest episode. I get that they're trying to explore Mike's backstory, but the episode falls flat on its face and the writing fails miserably, on every single level. This is truly a bad episode. Horrible pacing, weak acting, stupid writing. I give it 2/10. I thought breaking bad was bad, but this show takes bad to whole new level that I haven't seen previously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah I agree with you, it was a really horrible show. its really trashy like breaking bad. Saul is a good character and the actor is really good but the show is really trashy and boring, the writing sucks that's the problem wiv it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I think you need to get your brain checked
    The guy is a troll, don't worry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thank God it's a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Not seen it yet. Will add it to my..

CSI
    CSI CYBER
    SUPERNATURAL
    CRIMINAL MINDS
    POLDARK
    SOLITUDE
    THE FLASH
    GOTHAM
    THE MENTALLIST
    LAW & ORDER - SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT

List...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Episode 7 tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Have watched the first three episodes and so far not too bad. Some parts where a little slow for me though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Episode 7 was good. Not quite as great as the previous week's, but the Kettlemens plot was well worked and it was good to see Mike/Jimmy interact some more. The "I assume we're square?" line was great, because we all know they aren't. Can't wait to see how the pair's paths cross again!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Episode 8 tonight. Next week is the penultimate of the season!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Solid episode, without doing anything particularly ground-breaking. Jimmy and Chuck's relationship is beginning to get deeper which is lovely to see, and we see Mike delve into the underbelly of New Mexico once again.

I really enjoy the way they've pitted Jimmy as an elderly lawyer. It's so far removed from everything we knew of him during Breaking Bad.

Next week's is the penultimate. What's the betting on Tuco or Nacho cropping up once again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Solid episode, without doing anything particularly ground-breaking. Jimmy and Chuck's relationship is beginning to get deeper which is lovely to see, and we see Mike delve into the underbelly of New Mexico once again.

I really enjoy the way they've pitted Jimmy as an elderly lawyer. It's so far removed from everything we knew of him during Breaking Bad.

Next week's is the penultimate. What's the betting on Tuco or Nacho cropping up once again?
    Im now worried if chuck will take the case away from him :eek:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by benji385)
    Im now worried if chuck will take the case away from him :eek:
    Don't hate me but I think Chuck will die in the finale, it's the only way that I can see Jimmy turning into Saul.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.