Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    I enjoy them but I always end up feeling really dizzy after them.
    Orthostatic hypotension?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Prefer baths. And thankfully I'm the only one in my uni block to, meaning I get the bath to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice warm showers are the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Orthostatic hypotension?
    No idea what that is

(Original post by Changing Skies)
    Prefer baths. And thankfully I'm the only one in my uni block to, meaning I get the bath to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same with me! The only time my flatmates use the bath is when they're sleeping in it drunk...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skd1996)
    No idea what that is

Same with me! The only time my flatmates use the bath is when they're sleeping in it drunk...
    It's when your blood pressure drops when you stand up from sitting down/lying down. As your brain doesn't has less blood, you feel dizzy. I always get it when standing up and getting out of the bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuremedic19)
    Hahahah why does he do that btw ??
    My sister does it to just annoy me. Does your dad do it because u spend to long in the shower or does he do it to just annoy you ?

we have quite a big house so its the bills etc but I think hes a bit tight. Very irritating and it always causes rows.

ReputationRep:
    I love showers! I spend about a half hour in there, being perpetually doused in warm water is so relaxing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    I used to do that all the time, glad I'm not the only one. But my extractor thing is linked to the lights, so it gets very steamy as well if I do that.

I'd love to be able to do that in my house.
    It's greeeeaaattt!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I prefer showers to baths as they are quicker and your not sitting in your own filth. I haven't had a bath in many many years and doubt I will have one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    Yeah, I prefer showers to baths as they are quicker and you're not sitting in your own filth. I haven't had a bath in many many years and doubt I will have one
    I struggle with this oft-repeated statement.

Just how dirty do you have to be for the bath water to be filthy?

Showering does not remove the bacteria and funghi from your skin.

You have about 2m2 of skin and a bath is about 80 litres, that gives lots of scope for diluting what is on the surface.

ReputationRep:
    Showers are heavennnnn, 2015 and I still don't have one 😭 we have an old house 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    rather than leap to conspiracy theories- do you have a fasination for pigeonholling poeple before asking questions?

I have two showers a day - just because I can. Before the times of showers I use to have one bath. And the bath is not filled up half way. No one I know filled their bath up to the top everyday, as you see on the TV. Waste of time.

I was curious to the amount of water I use. and put the plug in my bath before having a shower. I did leave the water running before putting the plug in so that I am not staning in cold water while I undressed and get myself ready. Only when before I get in the shower I put the plug in and I have a shower for around 10-15mins. The water level is around half the bath. The my housemate, takes at least 30mins in the shower. I presume she takes longer.

So before mouting off and calling people names, maybe next time you can question the reason why other people have come to the conclusion they have done. Just cus your a student, doesnt mean you know everything.

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE showers. I could take a shower for like an hour. Love the fresh and clean feeling too!

ReputationRep:
    gyvyyvtvtvy

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I love them. I love the feeling of the water flowing over my body and then the few minutes after were I just feel so calm and free.

ReputationRep:
    I like showers but prefer hot lush baths :sexface: But since recently we've got our bath tap changed, I can't even have normal showers anymore :unimpressed: Also, the fact that the water switches from hot to cold, is just annoying.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Whenever I'm in the shower and closing my eyes to wash my hair I can't help but think of 1) a murderer stabbing a fork into my stomach (don't know where I got that from!) 2) sharks

ReputationRep:
    Great stuff!

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Love them in the summer, so refreshing Can't have baths anymore, to tall and too wide to fit in it comfortably. #BodybuilderProblems

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.