Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been offered a job in the North West?

ReputationRep:
    Hello my wife has the assessment day interview next month for the Midlands and Wales area is anyone else going?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i just wanted to say thank you for your messages as it helped me prepare better for the video interview.
    The questions and durations for each of them are as stated by others here.
    Now for people who will be taking the interview in the future...
    You have three days before the video interview link expires - use those three days to prepare your answers over and over again without sounding like you memorised it. You need to show your confidence - use your webcam to record your practise runs.
    Also use the 30s in between questions to mentally prepare your answers and to compose yourself.
    I just tried to enjoy the experience as its a new concept - welcome to 21st century

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Could you tell me which role you have applier for? Also do you remember any of the questions?
    I have to do me video interview by tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sigma9)
    Hi guys, i just wanted to say thank you for your messages as it helped me prepare better for the video interview.
    The questions and durations for each of them are as stated by others here.
    Now for people who will be taking the interview in the future...
    You have three days before the video interview link expires - use those three days to prepare your answers over and over again without sounding like you memorised it. You need to show your confidence - use your webcam to record your practise runs.
    Also use the 30s in between questions to mentally prepare your answers and to compose yourself.
    I just tried to enjoy the experience as its a new concept - welcome to 21st century
    Hi,Could you tell me which role you have applier for? Also do you remember any of the questions?I have to do me video interview by tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    Did you receive any notification once you had completed it. I have completed one for store manager level and not even had a confirmation email.

ReputationRep:
    I completed the online tests a few months ago. I had an email the other day saying my application had been withdrawn because I didn't complete the video interview before the deadline. However, didn't actually receive any notification (checked junk folder) that I had progressed to video interview. Has this happened to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Just had my video interview as well and wanted to say thank you to everybody's tips.

The 9 questions I've been asked:

1. Name and location interested in
    2. Introduce myself
    3. Why ALDI
    4. Why am I good match for ALDI?
    5. One thing I like aboout ALDI
    6. What do you think you will be doing in the short/medium/long term in the scheme
    7. Example of a time I showed motivation to meet an ambition
    8. Example of when I set high standards
    9. What step did I take to achieve these high standards

My tips:

Don't prepare long answers.
    Don't use answers you will find on the inet as ALDI isn't stupid to not know things like this one. They are looking for genuine and different answers.

ReputationRep:
    I submitted a video application on 1 June and I was wondering when I should hear back? Is it normal to wait this long or does this suggest I was unsuccessful? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

How can you spend 30 seconds saying your name and location?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, In the video interview. Do you excualy speak with real person?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if there any real person during the interview. Or it is a question and answer on the web

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I have a few questions. When have u applied for the area manager position? Should I apply while still at uni? Or after I get my degree? Also how long does the interview process take ? I am not asking just about the video interview, I mean the interview process in general with all stages. Also did u apply to other positions, graduate schemes? I noticed that Lidl is offering almost the same benefits and position.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.