Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuffuzzle)
    yeah mine is Wednesday too! I'm so nervous!
    I'm really nervous too! I don't know if my presentation will be suitable (I volunteer for Girlguiding so will be talking about an activity I did with the unit rather than something I've done in school, because I have more input into planning and leading activities with GG than I have at my volunteer school).

I've still got to get some reading done for the essay question as well.

See you on Wednesday 😮 - I wonder how many of us there will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evie74)
    I'm really nervous too! I don't know if my presentation will be suitable (I volunteer for Girlguiding so will be talking about an activity I did with the unit rather than something I've done in school, because I have more input into planning and leading activities with GG than I have at my volunteer school).

I've still got to get some reading done for the essay question as well.

See you on Wednesday 😮 - I wonder how many of us there will be?
    I don't think it would matter where you did the activity- I didn't do it in a school either. Fingers crossed its more about the content :/ I haven't volunteered in a school in a couple of years, I work in a preschool and so did my activity there. I work full time so it isn't possible to take time off regularly to go volunteer.

yeah see you Wednesday! Its crept up so fast, I hope there wont be too many as it would be nice to stand out! I'm surprised that Worcester is still recruiting though as loads of other uni's finished a while ago.

ReputationRep:
    I've stopped stressing about the presentation now and have started worrying about the essay question...! A maximum of two sides of A4 isn't that much, and 25 minutes isn't that long!

Hennaa123 - any news for you yet? Hope you hear soon if not!

Evie

ReputationRep:
    I've stopped stressing about the presentation now and have started worrying about the essay question...! A maximum of two sides of A4 isn't that much, and 25 minutes isn't that long!

Evie
    It's as if you're inside my mind! My wrist is going to be killing after 25minutes of speed writing in my neatest handwriting :/ good to know i'm not the only one panicking!

ReputationRep:

Evie

Sorry for replying late, been busy.. I got in!!! wohoo lol

I wouldn't expect a lot of people, since at my interview there were only 6 of us

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys passed your skills test? I have't but they literally have just given me a month to pass both

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well done on the offer! How long did it take them to get in touch?

I did my skills tests last week and passed them both (phew!) - just really anxious about the interview day now. I'm so nervous I even did a test drive into Worcester today to check the route and timings!

I really, really need to get my head around the essay: cramming all the required content into two sides of A4 (in marvellously presented handwriting) is a tall order! It's been a long time since I was at University so I'm seriously out of practice too. Worried is not the word!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Well done on the offer! How long did it take them to get in touch?

I did my skills tests last week and passed them both (phew!) - just really anxious about the interview day now. I'm so nervous I even did a test drive into Worcester today to check the route and timings!

I really, really need to get my head around the essay: cramming all the required content into two sides of A4 (in marvellously presented handwriting) is a tall order! It's been a long time since I was at University so I'm seriously out of practice too. Worried is not the word!

Thank you! I should have done my skills test before but I applied last min. so if you have any tips for skills tips let me know please
    They did not take, think couple of days. But seriously do not worry about it , they are very nice.

ReputationRep:
    I applied last minute for the PGCE too - I ended up taking the skills tests last week simply because I managed to get two consecutive slots on the same day! The nearest test centre is a good 30+ miles away from me so I just wanted to get them done and dusted.

I practised a lot for the numeracy test in the days leading up to the tests - I used the practice tests on the DfE website and used GCSE Bitesize on the BBC website to brush up on my weaker areas. There are some great videos on YouTube as well where people go through the practice tests and explain how to do the calculations in a straightforward way. I found them really helpful especially for the mental maths section.

I didn't do so much prep for the Literacy test as I'm a bit of a spelling/grammar geek in everyday life anyway, but I did the practice tests online just to get a feel for the kinds of questions that crop up.

In both cases, really read the questions carefully to make sure you've understood them fully - it's an obvious point but it's easy to get caught out if you're rushing or panicking.

I think if you go into the tests knowing you've prepared well, and keep any nerves under control you'll be fine. If only I could take my own advice on that score as regards the interview day....!

ReputationRep:
    I applied last minute for the PGCE too - I ended up taking the skills tests last week simply because I managed to get two consecutive slots on the same day! The nearest test centre is a good 30+ miles away from me so I just wanted to get them done and dusted.

I practised a lot for the numeracy test in the days leading up to the tests - I used the practice tests on the DfE website and used GCSE Bitesize on the BBC website to brush up on my weaker areas. There are some great videos on YouTube as well where people go through the practice tests and explain how to do the calculations in a straightforward way. I found them really helpful especially for the mental maths section.

I didn't do so much prep for the Literacy test as I'm a bit of a spelling/grammar geek in everyday life anyway, but I did the practice tests online just to get a feel for the kinds of questions that crop up.

In both cases, really read the questions carefully to make sure you've understood them fully - it's an obvious point but it's easy to get caught out if you're rushing or panicking.

I think if you go into the tests knowing you've prepared well, and keep any nerves under control you'll be fine. If only I could take my own advice on that score as regards the interview day....!
    Thank you! That has helped a lot! honestly try and not stress so much about interview. It was actually laid back and people were nice

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on getting in!! you must be so excited!

I haven't done my skills test either, waiting to hear whether I get in or not-its booked for the 14th of July so I need to pass first time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hennaa123)
    Thank you! That has helped a lot! honestly try and not stress so much about interview. It was actually laid back and people were nice
    Hennaa123 - what sort of questions did they ask in the interview itself? Did they bring up current educational issues or was it leaning more towards personal questions such as why you want to be a teacher?

Also, how much prep did you do for the essay? And how did you find the timing?

Sorry to bombard you with questions - I'm feeling the fear tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuffuzzle)
    Congrats on getting in!! you must be so excited!

I haven't done my skills test either, waiting to hear whether I get in or not-its booked for the 14th of July so I need to pass first time!

Hopefully you will get in! fingers crossed!

Same I need too pass the first time, dreading it

ReputationRep:
    Really nervous about tomorrow's interview now... Hoping for a decent night's sleep otherwise I will mainly be running on caffeine and adrenaline! Actually I will probably be dong that either way!

ReputationRep:
    Aww try and not worry, honestly you will be fine!

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hennaa123)
    Aww try and not worry, honestly you will be fine!

Good luck
    Thank you - I'll let you know how it goes 😊

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place - and needless to say I accepted immediately! I'm so happy - I can't wait until September! 😄

ReputationRep:
    aw congratulations!!

that is great to hear

ReputationRep:
    Hey how long did Worcester give you too pass the skills test?

They let me know I have a .gained a place at the end of May, but the offer is subject to me passing both test by the end of June which I hate

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

How are you all getting on with the pre course learning journal?

Does it have to be reflective or just bullet points?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.