x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you look down on people who eat junk food a lot? watch

Announcements

Junk food no. Fat people? Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    I agree.

When the person lacks the self control to not guzzle down excessive amounts resulting in fatness then it's terribly wrong. If just eating it as a snack/ cheat day it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    I don't look down on people really unless they're hurting themselves, define eating alot of junk food. I eat "junk food" (canned food, microwaveable food, fast food, fizzy drinks, fattening foods such as crisps and minicheddars and cream cheese) on a very frequent basis, yet am perfectly healthy and weigh less than 9 stone. The only real health issue I have is stress-induced asthma and shortsightedness, but nothing diet related, the latter you could blame on my lifestyle I suppose, but not my eating habits. Someone who's obese and stuffing their face with cheeseburgers and complaining because people don't find them attractive and the such... Someone like that would be degraded in my views because they are causing themselves discomfort and unhappiness, and before people comment, it is not society or anyone else's fault we don't find obese people attractive (I don't mean chubby. I mean like, seriously going to get ill obese.), and it's not fair on anyone to try to blame any other cause. People like that need to at least try to balance their diet and exercise more often. Not these media diets though, they just feed off of guilt and insecurity and hurt people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darcus aernelius)
    Of course not...... but you think the only cause of junk food is being overweight? there are many thin people with diabetes or hypertention, you know..
    I know, I do A level PE and Biology - I'm fairly confident with the causes of diabetes (Type 2 ) and hypertension. As well as the implications of having a high fat diet containing too many LDL's found in Fast Food.
    . I wasn't suggesting that the only cause of junk food is being overweight and I was in no way promoting it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it is their choice and if you derive your sense of self worth from other people's flaws, as opposed to your own success, it really says more about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    define fat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Nope, it is their choice and if you derive your sense of self worth from other people's flaws, as opposed to your own success, it really says more about you.
    how does one devise a notion of success without having flaws and failures to compare it against? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Define a lot. If it is what they eating every day then I would a bit yes. Whilst there is the argument that it is cheaper to live off junk food you can get more for the same money from supermarkets albeit it will be the own brand stuff. Would still be more nutrious than junk food like McDonalds every day.

More than 2-3 times a week of going out to eat junk food is probably too much in my opinion. It will lead to a spiral of eating it more and more.

ReputationRep:
    I look down on people who eat no junk food

ReputationRep:
    Sure it's an uneasy sight and it's pretty much plastic food. But let the people do what the people want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good for you....i take it your BP and cholestrol are high..meh..
    I eat fast food alot of the time and my BP is pretty low. It's 110/58.

Cholesterol is fine too.

ReputationRep:
    Can't be doing without Rotwurst mit brötchen when I go through Stuttgart railway station on holiday

ReputationRep:
    The problem I find with most healthy food you have to buy it fresh, I like to shop weekly or fortnightly and usually buy frozen because I can use it whenever and is the cheapest. I'm a student and after a night out very hungry go straight to the local takeaway, I'm not going go' excuse me what is the healthiest food on your menu?' no I just get whatever

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for them, really. What kind of terrible deprived lives have they had where they mistake junk food for an enjoyable or sensible form of sustenance?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I couldn't care less. Their choice.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they do whatever they want to, none of my business.

ReputationRep:
    is there a point, beyond being sick?
    No it's a joke if people do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm usually jealous, and wish I was the one eating the junk food. I imagine life must be far more enjoyable when you're able to eat a chocolate digestive and not be wracked with guilt after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I eat fast food alot of the time and my BP is pretty low. It's 110/58.

Cholesterol is fine too.
    for a most likley younger person, it figures....

but then ignore proven nutrition all you want lololol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaiju)
    I look down on people who eat no junk food
    OK....I haven't eaten any fast food in weeks, maybe months..can't remember in honesty... and i don't miss it....and yep, i'm missing better tasting food (which is subjective anyhow...)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.