The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Foundation centre applications and offer holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations Omar, I'll see you in October then!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hopefully :smile: my offer is conditional though, not everyone is lucky as you :biggrin: but i think its conditions are not too hard and right now i m just so so motivated to study. i truly wish everybody on this thread would get an offer, you guys all seem great and i wish i could meet everyone of you next October.

Btw, -----> Bianca congratulations on your York offer. York, from what i hear is fantastic as well, i hope your Durham offer comes soon :smile:
If you're good enough to get an offer, you're good enough to get a place. That's the way i would look at it if I were you!
Original post by Maturestudent
If you're good enough to get an offer, you're good enough to get a place. That's the way i would look at it if I were you!

(Y) i will look at it this way. btw they never mentioned anything about an interview and i already have the conditional offer. so could that mean that i might still need an interview? Knowing that they never mentioned it at all in the conditions.
I'm sure they would have stipulated an interview.
Reply 65
Omar, CONGRATS!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
So happy for you!!!
Reply 66
Original post by 3OmarYoussef

Btw, -----> Bianca congratulations on your York offer. York, from what i hear is fantastic as well, i hope your Durham offer comes soon :smile:

Oh, thanks! :smile: I'm very happy about York!
I do hope Durham answers me soon, otherwise I might have a heart attack! Haha
Original post by BiCabral
Omar, CONGRATS!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
So happy for you!!!

Thank you :smile:)))
Still waiting to hear from all of my apps - as well as Durham I applied for philosophy with foundation at Sheffield, philosophy at St Andrews and Exeter and philosophy and economics at Bristol - biting my nails and checking my email every 10 mins... Haha its so nerve wracking wait for a decision on the rest of my life!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an email from them saying they are considering my application and what time can they call me for a chat! I better practise my telephone voice haha
Original post by confused421
Just got an email from them saying they are considering my application and what time can they call me for a chat! I better practise my telephone voice haha

What have you applied for? I had the same thing with my application.
What have you applied for? I had the same thing with my application.

Business management. Yeah I had this last year and got an offer so praying they will give me an offer again!
Ah well best of luck then mate, do let us know when you get the good news!
Congrats Omar!
Original post by matt_turner91
Congrats Omar!

THANK YOU! I really wish your offer comes soon :smile:
Reply 75
Hello! I'm an international student who will be 17 this year. Would just like to ask if anyone knows whether there is a minimum age requirement for the foundation course and if I'm still able to apply now for the October 2015 intake?

And also is it absolutely necessary to have an academic reference in my UCAS application, will not presenting a reference affect my chances of receiving an offer?

Durham isn't very responsive, I've used the online enquiry form a week ago and have yet to receive any replies.. Thanks for the help! :smile:
Original post by cftsr
Hello! I'm an international student who will be 17 this year. Would just like to ask if anyone knows whether there is a minimum age requirement for the foundation course and if I'm still able to apply now for the October 2015 intake?

And also is it absolutely necessary to have an academic reference in my UCAS application, will not presenting a reference affect my chances of receiving an offer?

Durham isn't very responsive, I've used the online enquiry form a week ago and have yet to receive any replies.. Thanks for the help! :smile:

Hi, I don't think there is an age restriction. the 18-21 thing is for students who haven't engaged in post 16 education, so as long as you will have your qualification i believe age will not be of any problem. Yes you are still able to apply for the October intake, in fact i think you have until 30th June to apply if you are based a country outside the EU. However, the sooner you apply, the better as the places could be already filled if you apply very late.
About the reference, yes, you must have a reference, unless you agree with the university to not submit a reference. I also used the enquiry form and i think they took some time before replying to me as well. You could contact the international office, you will find the email on the university website, they tend to reply usually within a few days, but im sure the foundation center admission team will reply to your enquiry form soon. and well if you have any other questions i'm here, i'll help as much as i could :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by 3OmarYoussef
Hi, I don't think there is an age restriction. the 18-21 thing is for students who haven't engaged in post 16 education, so as long as you will have your qualification i believe age will not be of any problem. Yes you are still able to apply for the October intake, in fact i think you have until 30th June to apply if you are based a country outside the EU. However, the sooner you apply, the better as the places could be already filled if you apply very late.
About the reference, yes, you must have a reference, unless you agree with the university to not submit a reference. I also used the enquiry form and i think they took some time before replying to me as well. You could contact the international office, you will find the email on the university website, they tend to reply usually within a few days, but im sure the foundation center admission team will reply to your enquiry form soon. and well if you have any other questions i'm here, i'll help as much as i could :smile:

Thanks so much for the help Omar! Will probably wait a week or so for a reply, if not I might probably give them a call. Admissions office seems to be really busy during this period.

Congrats on your offer by the way!
I thought the deadline was the 15th of January? :s is that different for international students?
Original post by cftsr
Thanks so much for the help Omar! Will probably wait a week or so for a reply, if not I might probably give them a call. Admissions office seems to be really busy during this period.

Congrats on your offer by the way!

no need :wink: and thank you, i hope it all goes well for you

I thought the deadline was the 15th of January? :s is that different for international students?

yep we have until the end of june and i remember when i was emailing the admission office they said they recommend me to get my application in sooner rather than later, and despite that the 15th january deadline is not as crucial for us, international students, they don't have unlimited spaces.

Quick Reply

Latest