Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHM713)
    Oh really? Where's progression taking us?
    To overpopulation, energy crisis, war and a nosedive in quality of life for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Yes all drugs are addictive because people can say they are addicted so they are. There is no medical test or definition for addiction. Which is why I don't believe it is real, rather a medical creation to increase the manipulation of the government. Something not being inherently bad is meaningless because people can turn it into something bad. Which is why they do when they use the drug.

My point is that the drug in many cases actually causes the psychological problem. This then enables people to commit these terrible acts of crime.
    Maybe there is truth in what you are saying, but I do think that it is the person's mentality, using them that makes it good or bad i.e. do not take them if you are: worried, stress, depressed etc. It should be your choice whether or not to take drugs.

I don't think drugs make you go bad, whatever bad comes from it was already there to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    To overpopulation, energy crisis, war and a nosedive in quality of life for everyone.
    Isn't progression great!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there is truth in what you are saying, but I do think that it is the person's mentality, using them that makes it good or bad i.e. do not take them if you are: worried, stress, depressed etc. It should be your choice whether or not to take drugs.

I don't think drugs make you go bad, whatever bad comes from it was already there to begin with.
    Can you trust that people who are worried, stressed or depressed will not take drugs? No so you must ban them totally. Then enforce laws against their use and possession both. Currently the law against possession is enforced, but not the law against use. So the law is pointless and that is why the government wants it. Now they are pushing to legalise drugs, I wonder why that is? They allow people to use them so many people do and then say oh look many already use drugs the law has failed so now we must legalise and regulate drugs. So the government decides which drugs you use, in what amount and then gains taxation from it. Freedom comes with duty to use your freedom. Once people have freedom they will use it. More and more people will take drugs, more and more families will be destroyed and people harmed.

Taking drugs greatly increases you chances of taking bad actions. People shouldn't do it.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of the killing of unborn persons and babies, the family, killing of old and disabled people by doctors, protect of property rights and protection of persons, we are regressing.
    Saddly.
    Spelling has declined, too. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Forgetting? Discovering more like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Spelling has declined, too. :laugh:
    Facile.

ReputationRep:
    We are gradually becoming closer to the truth, for example if we look at the number of gods people believe in, the number has declined to the point we are at now most people are only monotheistic. Before too long they'll take that final extra step to the correct answer.

ReputationRep:
    Can you trust that people who are worried, stressed or depressed will not take drugs? No so you must ban them totally. Then enforce laws against their use and possession both. Currently the law against possession is enforced, but not the law against use. So the law is pointless and that is why the government wants it. Now they are pushing to legalise drugs, I wonder why that is? They allow people to use them so many people do and then say oh look many already use drugs the law has failed so now we must legalise and regulate drugs. So the government decides which drugs you use, in what amount and then gains taxation from it. Freedom comes with duty to use your freedom. Once people have freedom they will use it. More and more people will take drugs, more and more families will be destroyed and people harmed.

Taking drugs greatly increases you chances of taking bad actions. People shouldn't do it.
    No, if anything you sure make it legal so it can be regulated. Its useless because you can't stop people taking drugs, they have been around for thousands of years, they have helped in vast number of discoveries, that have been beneficial. no they're not legalising them, some are and some are not. Why?

If "Freedom comes with duty to use your freedom" they let me be the judge of that. If you are of sound mind and it's legal, where's the problem? Most family are destroy because of the repercussions, not the drug itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BefuddledPenguin)
    We are gradually becoming closer to the truth, for example if we look at the number of gods people believe in, the number has declined to the point we are at now most people are only monotheistic. Before too long they'll take that final extra step to the correct answer.
    So you don't believe there is a god?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    Forgetting? Discovering more like.
    Discovering in which way? In order to progress, we have an understanding of what we are. What are we doing?

ReputationRep:
    No, if anything you sure make it legal so it can be regulated. Its useless because you can't stop people taking drugs, they have been around for thousands of years, they have helped in vast number of discoveries, that have been beneficial. no they're not legalising them, some are and some are not. Why?

If "Freedom comes with duty to use your freedom" they let me be the judge of that. If you are of sound mind and it's legal, where's the problem? Most family are destroy because of the repercussions, not the drug itself.
    Why would you make it legal and regulate it? Yes you can stop people talking drugs by enforcing the law and social morality. The two over time will change peoples actions. Also drug are only about 100 years old in Britain. They have had be imported. What discoveries? They are pushing to legalise drugs, the pressure in all in one direction. Because the government wants more power.

Why when I don't want you or anyone else to be exposed to drugs would I want you to be the judge of them? Freedom means freedom from government within a framework of laws designed to protect property and persons, nothing more. This comes down to the freedom to life from conception and the freedom own, keep and trade property. Since freedom means you have a duty to use it, if you take drugs you are attacking that freedom in an act of individualistic spit if you take mind altering drugs. Actions have consequence, your family shouldn't be taking drugs in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    So you don't believe there is a god?
    Certainly not a theistic one. I'm an agnostic adeist though, I don't think we can state as an absolute that there isn't any kind of non-interventionist deity, the dead god hypothesis is as valid as ever. But if a concept can be suggested without evidence, it can be dismissed without evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you make it legal and regulate it? Yes you can stop people talking drugs by enforcing the law and social morality. The two over time will change peoples actions. Also drug are only about 100 years old in Britain. They have had be imported. What discoveries? They are pushing to legalise drugs, the pressure in all in one direction. Because the government wants more power.

Why when I don't want you or anyone else to be exposed to drugs would I want you to be the judge of them? Freedom means freedom from government within a framework of laws designed to protect property and persons, nothing more. This comes down to the freedom to life from conception and the freedom own, keep and trade property. Since freedom means you have a duty to use it, if you take drugs you are attacking that freedom in an act of individualistic spit if you take mind altering drugs. Actions have consequence, your family shouldn't be taking drugs in the first place.
    If you don't want drugs, don't take them, it shouldn't be in your hands to make that decision for ever one else.

Here's one, you can google...sorry search the rest using whichever search engine you want for the rest; Francis Crick Discovers DNA Thanks to LSD.

You keep saying drugs are used to aid mind control, but, I see how someone jacked on heroin could even be in the right frame of mind to stand up straight let alone, do anything the government wants.

But, still, I kind of think your on to something with the government/drugs thing, I just don't think it should be illegal, there are different levels of awareness. Look it up yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an agnostic adeist though,
    I believe in Ade!

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    I believe in Ade!

I disagree, Ade is unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree, Ade is unbelievable.

I don't know him!

I don't know what you're talking about!

I am not one of his disciples!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want drugs, don't take them, it shouldn't be in your hands to make that decision for ever one else.

Here's one, you can google...sorry search the rest using whichever search engine you want for the rest; Francis Crick Discovers DNA Thanks to LSD.

You keep saying drugs are used to aid mind control, but, I see how someone jacked on heroin could even be in the right frame of mind to stand up straight let alone, do anything the government wants.

But, still, I kind of think your on to something with the government/drugs thing, I just don't think it should be illegal, there are different levels of awareness. Look it up yourself.
    No because you will take drugs which then harm yourself and lead to harm for others. I can't accept that. Of course your view as many peoples view on drugs comes from the US view of freedom. Which is basically the non aggression principle which means any individual is free to do as they please until they commit violence against another individual. This is opposed to the British view that freedom comes with a duty to your family and the state. Then you have the progressive view of freedom as rights dependent upon the government. Of course my High Tory view is the only one which attempts to constrain the individual and state using the family. Which is of course why the Liberals both classical and progressive want to weaken the family.

Sorry but the discovery is meaningless in the case of DNA. It still had to be verified by others who weren't on LSD. So the people who verified the research were more important than they person who discovered it. So the discovered wasn't dependent upon his drug use.

Well the main resource the government has to manipulate people is their use of government programs. So someone uses drugs and is unable to work or take moral actions is further dependent upon the government. After which the government has them.

I don't know about awareness, it is more about concentration. Your ability put your whole mind into something and maintain it for long periods of time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.