Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My English teacher emailed me and told me to leave a draft of my AS coursework for her to look over in her pidgeon-hole outside the office. I did that. Went to class the following day and she (already in a bad mood) shouted at me for not bringing in my coursework, complaining that she didn't know why she bothered caring about our work if we weren't bothered. I told her, 'Miss, you told me to leave it it your pidgeon hole...'...and she gave me detention for 'defiance'...

ReputationRep:
    I got put in idolation for saying I don't believe in God.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    I got told off for saying that I like pears but not apples

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    In my primary school. I was given a half hour detention for not doing my homework. The next day, they changed the homework policy so you couldn't get detention for not doing homework anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    I got told off for saying that I like pears but not apples

Maybe they saw some kind of hidden innuendo?

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by Explorerthumb)
    Maybe they saw some kind of hidden innuendo?
    I was 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    I was 4
    Pears and apples can mean slightly fat people, (pears) or very fat people (apples), and maybe they thought you were trying to insult very fat people?

ReputationRep:
    Loads, talking, logging off my computer too early, shutting the blinds (these two were from my delightful IT teacher, who googled "how to control my class" and accidentally put it onto our screen lmao), messy planner, no p.e kit 2 weeks in a row, a few of us hid from the teacher when he left the room, ran over the field to the corner shop during p.e...

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Pears and apples can mean slightly fat people, (pears) or very fat people (apples), and maybe they thought you were trying to insult very fat people?
    :lol:

the teacher was very fat!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    :lol:

the teacher was very fat!!!!!
    So maybe they thought that you were insulting them? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    So maybe they thought that you were insulting them? :rofl:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Well left my P.E trainers in my form room, and i was given a 90 minute detention, and when i was told to go and get them, then all along we were doing Barefoot P.E. so i didn't even need them. A few others left them at home and they got a detention too.

Then during detention he made us write lines barefoot. Which was fine cos i like taking my shoes and socks off anyway. After that he ripped up our lines, and that was the end of it.

Wierdly he didnt give me detention for PE lessons when trainers were needed.

ReputationRep:
    i high fived my friend....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trippyninja12)
    So, today I was awarded my first detention if the year: 'lateness'. Sorry, I was awarded for my TEACHER's lateness, not my own.

Today was the day of my GCSE English Literature Controlled Assessment, which was taking place in the hall, at 8:35. We were notified to attend tutor base, get registered and BE at the hall for 8:35. Me and 4 friends made our way to tutor base for 8:25, making sure we could get registered as quickly as possible. We were incorrect, we ended up waiting until 8:40 before our tutor strolls into the classroom. Unfortunately, me and a few friends had become anxious and made our way to the hall, for 8:35, without being registered. The reason we left without being registered was because our tutor was late, and we were going to be late for the CA, much worse than a slap on the hand by our tutor. So, it's 8:35, we're queuing for the exam, when a peer comes down from tutor, telling us that our tutor wanted us to return to be registered (keep in mind the CA is just about to start). We found this ridiculous and asked the peer to notify our tutor of our presence.

It's now 4:30pm, my mum has just called, with news of a detention I was given. I was confused as to why, until I remembered that we had not been registered. My mum calls up the school, saying that I was present, and that it was the teacher's fault for being late. Furthermore, the detention was apparently awarded for 'lateness' and 'lack of equipment'. But considering that I hadn't seen my tutor, how could she have known if I had my equipment!? I'm sure she greatly dislikes me xD. I now anxiously wait to see if I have he detention (hence why I can't sleep, and I'm typing this :'( ).

Please ignore any spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone.

What stories do you have?
    i got an hour after school for walking through the wrong door

ReputationRep:
    So, i really dont like chemistry, and my teacher hates me and i hate her. I walked into class the lesson after i got sent out for talking back to her (she wanted to move me because i didnt get the answer right and blamed it on me talking, which i didnt and wasnt) and there was an observer person, watching her lesson, the second i sat down, she came over and told me to get out (obviously didnt want me to ruin her observation lesson) and i said no, because it was the last lesson before gcses started, so it was my last chemistry lesson, also i hadnt even done anything apart from walk in. So she got all in my face and was like "i think you have an attitude towards me, and i dont like it" then sent me out and gave me an hour detention. The observer though, was a teacher in my school, and she told me to just calm down and she'd make sure i didnt have to go to the detention. I went for 10 minutes to the detention before the teacher told me to go

ReputationRep:
    I got a detention on the first day back after the summer last year because my skirt was too short... I had grown over the summer and you aren't allowed to wear anything except the ones the school sells which you can only buy in term time! It was my only ever detention

ReputationRep:
    Not me, but a friend got a 30 minute detention and got moved to a seat away from anybody else in the class for SMILING in a maths lesson. Bearing in mind that this person is not one to talk in a class where you aren't supposed to and does all the set work plus all the extra work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trippyninja12)
    So, today I was awarded my first detention if the year: 'lateness'. Sorry, I was awarded for my TEACHER's lateness, not my own.

Today was the day of my GCSE English Literature Controlled Assessment, which was taking place in the hall, at 8:35. We were notified to attend tutor base, get registered and BE at the hall for 8:35. Me and 4 friends made our way to tutor base for 8:25, making sure we could get registered as quickly as possible. We were incorrect, we ended up waiting until 8:40 before our tutor strolls into the classroom. Unfortunately, me and a few friends had become anxious and made our way to the hall, for 8:35, without being registered. The reason we left without being registered was because our tutor was late, and we were going to be late for the CA, much worse than a slap on the hand by our tutor. So, it's 8:35, we're queuing for the exam, when a peer comes down from tutor, telling us that our tutor wanted us to return to be registered (keep in mind the CA is just about to start). We found this ridiculous and asked the peer to notify our tutor of our presence.

It's now 4:30pm, my mum has just called, with news of a detention I was given. I was confused as to why, until I remembered that we had not been registered. My mum calls up the school, saying that I was present, and that it was the teacher's fault for being late. Furthermore, the detention was apparently awarded for 'lateness' and 'lack of equipment'. But considering that I hadn't seen my tutor, how could she have known if I had my equipment!? I'm sure she greatly dislikes me xD. I now anxiously wait to see if I have he detention (hence why I can't sleep, and I'm typing this :'( ).

Please ignore any spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone.

What stories do you have?
    My head of year gave me detention for yawning

ReputationRep:
    Well i was once 50minutes late to scool and would have got the same punishment as those 2 minutes late. They wrote my name top of the paper, and something went wrong so I ended up with no detention

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.