The Student Room Group

Things which make you very angry while driving

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adipoptosis
haha well actually it doesn't make a difference.

my main anger is directed at people who drive in the fast lane to make a point - 'yeh, I have an old, slow car but look at me i can drive here too and they don't move for ageeeees'

but no the car has nothing to do with it, driving at 70 dead on when everyone else wants to go faster is wrong

Yeah I agree too. When I see people doing that I would love to ask them this question:

If the car behind has a passenger that needs to urgently get to hospital but you are blocking them, and they died because of you not getting the f*ck outta the way, how would you feel?
Original post by Walkaah
Yeah I agree too. When I see people doing that I would love to ask them this question:

If the car behind has a passenger that needs to urgently get to hospital but you are blocking them, and they died because of you not getting the f*ck outta the way, how would you feel?

They shouldve been in an ambulance if it's that urgent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DanTaylor
Hey! I drive an Audi :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perhaps it's a tad unfair :P , it's a generalisation granted but I find them to be the most aggressive drivers on the road.
As i post in every time this thread comes up.

-Sub 45mph in NSL zones. I dont mean sub 45 in general. Busses and HGVs dont bother me since I know they are most likely far more competant drivers than me and have the mechanical limitation of there vehicle to contend with. Little jimmy who just passed his test in his 20 year old nissan micra forgetting that he has to redline in 3rd gear to maintain 50+ up hills doesnt bother me either we've all been there and most young drivers quickly learn from minor mistakes like that. But its the middle aged to elderly in there big 2.0L+ saloon cars who are UNABLE to maintain a reasonable speed on an NSL road whether it through infirmity or just pure lack of respect for other road users should not be allowed to drive.

-People who disrupt your drive (i.e cutting you up, needlessly braking infront of you etc etc). WITHOUT so much as a wave or hazard flash. Seriously. If you **** up it happens, we are all human. But please acknowledge your error and pop your hazards on for a couple of flashes, or if you have line of sight with the other driver give them a friendly "im sorry" wave. It just makes other road users feel so much better and prevents needless roadrage.

-People with no concept of speed. They drive 38mph through a 30 zone, they then drive 38mph through a 40 zone. They then drive 42mph through a NSL road. REALLY!?!?

-People that drive WAY to close to the car in front. Then have to constantly vary there speed to maintain that distance

-Caravans

-BMW drivers

Jeeze I am a pretty angry person in general...
Original post by Veggiechic6
People (namely young men) who drive small cars fitted with silly noisy exhausts in a 'look at me, I have a small penis' attempt.

Hmmm, I'm inclined to agree with this however i find them more amusing then irritating. Especially when they move off from the lights at a snails pace well nailing there little 1000cc engine and you just silently fly by them.

Although im obliged to feel slightly insulted. Not ALL of them do it on purpose. Some of us just have the unluckyness to be driving a £400 car which has had the exhaust pipe rust through between the downpipe and the backbox :colondollar: ... Oh god i miss my 1st car in a wierd way lol.
Original post by Shorty94
They shouldve been in an ambulance if it's that urgent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right so let me make up a situation that could very well occur in real life:

If they started having a heart attack whilst in the car then it would be quicker to just drive to the hospital, rather than pulling over and calling an ambulance. Therefore if a car in front of me won't move out of the way in that situation they could cause a death.

Now let me repeat the question for you:

It really is irrelevent what speed you are doing. If you are in the PASSING lane (not the FAST lane) then you HAVE to be passing someone. If you are NOT passing someone you must pull back into the left lane (or centre lane if there are lorries or motorway entrances/exits around), it doesnt matter if your doing 70mph or 170mph thats the law.

Its not your job to judge the standard or speed of another road users unless you are trained to do so and are in a position where you can pass legal judgment on other i.e your a traffic cop.
WHEN PEOPLE PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME

i travel with my dog a lot , and although i put her in a seatbelt , having to jam on my breaks is awful because it shocks her and it happens SO MUCH

the other day , this learner was obviously going to turn into a side road , and i was coming up the road , i saw them hesitate , and then they went for it about two seconds in front of my car

my boyfriend , who very rarely swears at all , screamed the c word hahahaha
People wearing headphones whilst driving
Idiotic cyclists
People who do not use crossings to cross roads
People who fail to notice when lights go green
people who don't push out at roundabouts and cause a massive **** off queue behind them. So ****ing selfish.
Reply 70
People who don't signal (especially on a roundabout when you could have pulled out but then it is too late) and people who tailgate!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maarg13
People who don't signal (especially on a roundabout when you could have pulled out but then it is too late)]

Only been driving for a couple of months but...

This...

then....

Taxi drivers who like to pull out in front of you at the last second.

Cyclists who wobble really far into the lane at random times, making it difficult to overtake safely.

BMW's up your arse when you're doing the speed limit. So sorry for not doing 40 in this 30mph stretch of road...
Original post by goodwinning
I applaud you. I know it's a rather sweeping generalisation but I've found in my experience so far a lot of BMW drivers are ******s on the road.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd probably fall into this category but for the right reasons :P If someone pisses me off then I'll go out of my way to point out their fault - Most of my coursework deadlines are gone so I've got the free time.

But the way I go about it is definitely overly aggressive. Like if someones middle-lane hogging, I'll legally overtake them and then cut really close to them when I pull back into the left. Or if someone starts to come into the right hand lane (when I'm in it) without warning, forcing me to brake hard, I just pass them and drive really slowly in front of them without letting them pass.

Wow. I'm a total ****.
(edited 9 years ago)
Kids walking out on the road from nowhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boy racers trying too hard to show off.
Original post by Add!ction
People who don't stop at roundabouts, had one the other day.

had this in liverpool as a passenger who nearly hit another car as it didn't stop and he wanted an arguement until he saw
a. my uncles hands (big enough to crush a coke can singled handed)
b. my other uncle slipping on a knuckleduster
c. me with 6 chunky rings on
Original post by Walkaah

interesting, so you justify breaking the law because other people do.

If people in a crowd suddenly started stabbing people, would you do it too?

if you seen someone shoplifting, would you think, what the hell, ill have a bit of that.
There's so many!! When people don't indicate when turning, when cyclists go through red lights, when drivers are in slow moving traffic but they still won't let you out of the side road even when you're going in the opposite direction, what is the point?! Makes me angry even thinking about it LOL
Original post by Spock's Socks
Kids walking out on the road from nowhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hate this

Posted from TSR Mobile
People who don't indicate, the indicator is right next to their fingers which are on the wheel, whys it so hard to move your fingers ever so slightly to activate the indicator rather than just slamming on the brakes a few metres before their junction or not knowing which direction people are going on roundabouts.

Bad cyclists, there are plenty of good cyclists out there but the bad ones make up for you. There's cyclists who wobble all over the road making you really weary of passing as you don't know if they'll fall into your car as you pass. Then there's the group of cyclists who insist on taking up nearly the full width of the road (normally on higher speed roads) that even if it's busy won't go into single file to make passing them easier. I find these cyclists are also really slow, there are some quick cyclists out there! :smile:

People who tailgate, there's just no need for it! You leave a gap in front on the off chance the car in front needs to brake to avoid something that may cause an issue for drivers. I also hate people who tailgate when the roads are quiet but don't want to overtake, expecting me to speed up. People who tailgate when they can see all the traffic ahead and they themselves know they won't go any quicker but insist on flagging me off anyway.

People who insist in driving with badly adjusted headlights or drive will full beam on all the time.

People who try to force their way out at a junction, if they don't try and force their way out I may let them out if I won't cause cars behind to brake.

I've probably got more as well :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending