Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I get a muslim girl to be my GF(not like other threads) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1992)
    I do have strong feelings for her.
    I have had lots of girls like me(white british) and ask me out. But I turned them down, becuase I did not like them.

Marriage at 19, to extreme.
    Well no offence, but your first reason for rejection should be...."Because i'm muslim and it's haram"....

Clearly your thinking is very westernised, if this girl is as devout as you say she is then back off and dont lead her astray.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    Why do they have a monopoly on what's right?
    I dont know, never even heard of them.
    Why do these schools exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lulu24)
    Well no offence, but your first reason for rejection should be...."Because i'm muslim and it's haram"....

Clearly your thinking is very westernised, if this girl is as devout as you say she is then back off and dont lead her astray.
    We had a 4 weeks break from uni. I tried to break contact but she kept on messaging me.
    I could not get over her, even tho contact was limited.

ReputationRep:
    (okay development from last post, I like this girl now.)
    (not like other muslim girl threads, as this girl likes me)

She is muslim, and she have never had a BF becuase of it. (respectable.)
    I am muslim too.
    I know she likes me, but she suppresses her feelings!!!!!

- She does does not outright flirt. But she argues with me over everything. And our friends have seen this. They have both seen the high level of passion. (they even mention this, and she blushes)
    - When we revise as a group, my friends say she is constantly looking up at me. I have caught her once of twice.
    - she will wake me up in the morning early so we can spend the of the day together.
    - she was really jealous of this girl, I used to like.

- if we ever got in the relationship I would never too her. I just want her companionship.

So what can I do, I am starting to like her very much.
    This is killing me inside.
    (would also like some advice from muslims too please)
    Honestly I think you should just talk to her, ask her to be your girlfriend; just because your a couple doesn't mean you have to have sex right away, so try to make it clear that you're not looking for that and you just want a nice relationship. Not everything has to be about Quran and religion, what harm would it do if you actually fell in love, how is that gonna hurt anybody? Honestly just think about it, God isn't going to punish two people who are in love for loving each other; God isn't just this robot machine that gives you tickets based on rules set in stone! If you're not harming anyone or yourselves then why would God punish you? Please don't pay attention to some of the idiots here, who are extremely closed minded and think we live in the same world as 1500 years ago!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    Honestly I think you should just talk to her, ask her to be your girlfriend; just because your a couple doesn't mean you have to have sex right away, so try to make it clear that you're not looking for that and you just want a nice relationship. Not everything has to be about Quran and religion, what harm would it do if you actually fell in love, how is that gonna hurt anybody? Honestly just think about it, God isn't going to punish two people who are in love for loving each other; God isn't just this robot machine that gives you tickets based on rules set in stone! If you're not harming anyone or yourselves then why would God punish you? Please don't pay attention to some of the idiots here, who are extremely closed minded and think we live in the same world as 1500 years ago!
    Islam wants Muslims to live in the same world as 1500 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Islam can be extreme like that.
    It's not extreme groot lol, there are loads of non muslims who get married at 19. If you haven't noticed the law in many countries is that you can get married at 16, does that make them extreme countries? No. You're just saying it's extreme because it's Islam. People used to get married at like 12,13,14 in western countries the only reason that has changed is because people want to pursue other things now before they do, if marriage is still important to us as muslims, that doesnt make our values extreme.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, never even heard of them.
    Why do these schools exist.
    These are just Sunni ones, not the only Sunni ones either.

After Muhammad, there were different factions, different leaders, different interpretations. It sounds insane but there is no Islam, it's not real, you can follow your understanding of what Islam is, but it will not be the same as a different Muslims's Islam, maybe not even the same as your parent's Islam.

It's like staring into the distance and seeing a person, you are all looking at the same person, but you think it's a small middle aged woman, the person next to you thinks it's a tall White man, the other thinks an old Black man like Morgan Freeman. Same person, but you all have different perceptions

ReputationRep:
    Did you get that from the Qur'an or the Hadith? Which Sheik gave that fatwa? lol. Careful giving fatwa's bruh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    Islam can be extreme like that.
    I think teenage girls who get pregnant and have abortions is extreme

ReputationRep:
    (okay development from last post, I like this girl now.)
    (not like other muslim girl threads, as this girl likes me)

She is muslim, and she have never had a BF becuase of it. (respectable.)
    I am muslim too.
    I know she likes me, but she suppresses her feelings!!!!!

- She does does not outright flirt. But she argues with me over everything. And our friends have seen this. They have both seen the high level of passion. (they even mention this, and she blushes)
    - When we revise as a group, my friends say she is constantly looking up at me. I have caught her once of twice.
    - she will wake me up in the morning early so we can spend the of the day together.
    - she was really jealous of this girl, I used to like.

- if we ever got in the relationship I would never too her. I just want her companionship.

So what can I do, I am starting to like her very much.
    This is killing me inside.
    (would also like some advice from muslims too please)
    Is she a practising Muslim? Does she wear the hijab?

I don't think you need to do much. I mean, okay you want her to be your gf, but you don't want to kiss her and stuff? You might as well just ask her to be your girlfriend but insist that you won't lead her to sin by kissing etc. But I don't know how long that will last, one of yous will get bored, she might start liking someone else and vice versa.

Look, if you really like her, and she really likes you, and you've had this feeling for several months...then why don't you just get married? Seriously, you two are 19 years old, there's no problem getting married that young. Muslims are advised to get married young to avoid making sins.

ReputationRep:
    Bro, head over to the isoc. We'll teach you all about fiqh and and the aqeedah surrounding this teaching k

We'll help you understand why there are four main schools of thought for sunnis and all that. It's the best place for advice on these matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cant we just have each other. Like no touching or kissing etc.
    I just want to spend time with her.
    you already do that... your friends enneh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Up quark)
    Yes yes you want to spend time. Next it'll be a little trip round the park. Next it's a date in pizza hut. Next it's a little hig and peck on the cheek. And then zina. This is how shaitaan works... Little by little encourages you away from the path of allah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bruh, You're just jelly that you can't get these Muslim girls.
    Berating us that we are being insubordinate to our lord.
    Telling us that we should abstain from going near non-mahram's, I'm sorry brother Quantum but Muslim girls are beautiful and if Allah created them so beautiful why punish us with their beauties just so we have to stay away.:sigh:

That's like someone giving me their bank details and telling me to take all their money and then getting upset that I actually took all there money.

It's a paradoxical scenario.:hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Up quark)
    Bro, head over to the isoc. We'll teach you all about fiqh and and the aqeedah surrounding this teaching k

We'll help you understand why there are four main schools of thought for sunnis and all that. It's the best place for advice on these matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If there are contradictions between them, how can you claim with certainty that any are 100% correct?

ReputationRep:
    If you are Muslim, then you should really know better imo. If you take your religion seriously, look into marriage or end the mingling and interaction.

If you do not take your religion seriously, be her girlfriend and do whatever you like!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groot)
    I don't hate Muslims. I encourage moderate Muslims rather than strict Muslims, though.
    Cool me too.:top:

I hate extremist, they annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnharM)
    I'm on the internet to correct people like you that Islam does have its reasons for their rules.

Well, walking down the road can be harmful, if there were no traffic lights. So we have been given traffic lights to know when to walk and when to stand.

In Islam, it's the same. To prevent any harmful consequences such as slut-shaming, having sex before marriage which could lead to having a baby in a unstable home, Allah has given us a path in which to have a happy, safe relationship, by marrying them.
    You can lead a perfectly happy life with the opposite sex at a young age. You can stop babies by using contraception.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    If there are contradictions between them, how can you claim with certainty that any are 100% correct?
    The creed (aqeedah) is the same.
    How you dispense daily matters, laws and so on is jurisprudence and in jurisprudence, as you find in the West (and which has been around in Islamic culture for hundreds of years) is down to interpretation. Each of the schools has their interpretations and reasons - you can't say these are wrong, they are different opinions based on evidence. But for consistency, you should stick to one methodology and not pick n mix; you'll end up contradicting yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Lol
    Clearly you know what Islam says on dating, but you seem to be very much into this girl. People have suggested trying to get over her, you don't want to do that. Some have suggested marriage, you don't want to do that. So really there's not much to say. You've made your mind up... Just ask her out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.