The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Summer, I'd be perfectly happy never to see winter again. I don't mind being hot; I can have cold drinks, ice lollies and walk around in shorts and t-shirt. Summer nights are light and the outdoors beckons. I hate being too cold, having to bundle on loads of clothes before I get out the door. Snow and ice is a nuisance. It's dark early so I spend night after night hibernating at home with no motivation to go out because of the rubbish weather.
I prefers spring tbh
Winter is very depressing
I absolutely love summer :biggrin:!!
I absolutely adore summer :biggrin: best time of year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Summer because the weather makes me feel happier, I can go on holiday and just generally things are more enjoyable like walking the dog.

Girls also wear jean shorts.
Summer for the longer daylight.
Winter for the snow days
If both are actually good in terms of weather (hot sun/decent snow) then I enjoy them equally. The average summer/winter in England is grey and a bit rainy and I'd rather that be in winter with cooler temperatures as it just feels uncomfortable in summer, so I generally prefer winter.

Winter has a lot going on with Christmas, New Year, Halloween & Bonfire Night but 3 of every 4 summers has the big football tournaments (World Cup, Euros, Confederations Cup), plus Wimbledon on top of that. No winter can top a summer when the World Cup is on. But then it's difficult to sleep when it's too hot, and I like sleeping wearing a beanie hat in the winter.

I like them both m8.
Definitely summer :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely prefer the summer!

My reasoning:
When it's winter, I miss summer clothes.
When it's summer, I don't miss winter clothes.

However, I do feel a certain amount of disappointment if it doesn't snow one winter... I guess when I'm in one I want it to be the other haha :')
Original post by Stefano93
British people will moan all day - in summer the weather's too hot. In winter, it's too cold.

Arguably there are much more things to do in Summer, but I love these cold nights too, they are perfect for snuggling up, going for a run / drive and how good a hot chocolate from Starbucks tastes when it's ******* down outside.

What about you? :tongue:

summer.

If winter was just cold and frosty days with a bit of snow, or a bit of fog, it would be fine. But its mainly just cold rain, which is crap.
Reply 71
Winter I hate summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter so I can cover up all day, also I can stay in door and not leave without feeling like a loser.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Summer! For me, nothing beats eating a tonne of ice cream and walking around South Kensington in shorts and an oversized football t-shirt :h:

My hometown :wink:
Reply 74
Winter.

I just can't do summer.
Gotta be summer. Everything looks better when its sunny.

The days are longer and everything is so much less depressing.
Original post by queen-bee
My hometown :wink:

Oh god so lucky!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh god so lucky!

It's beautiful in the summer
Original post by queen-bee
It's beautiful in the summer

It really is! I need to go there this summer
Original post by Foo.mp3
Summer, although winter's kinda cool, e.g. when in a relationship ~ it's a cosy/romantic time of year, especially around the festive season :h: Otherwise, the short days/many hours of darkness can be a little.. :moon:

Cuddling up on cold,winter nights are the best :smile:

Latest