Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you enjoy Summer or Winter more? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Summer, I'd be perfectly happy never to see winter again. I don't mind being hot; I can have cold drinks, ice lollies and walk around in shorts and t-shirt. Summer nights are light and the outdoors beckons. I hate being too cold, having to bundle on loads of clothes before I get out the door. Snow and ice is a nuisance. It's dark early so I spend night after night hibernating at home with no motivation to go out because of the rubbish weather.

ReputationRep:
    I prefers spring tbh
    Winter is very depressing

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love summer !!

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely adore summer best time of year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Summer because the weather makes me feel happier, I can go on holiday and just generally things are more enjoyable like walking the dog.

Girls also wear jean shorts.

ReputationRep:
    Summer for the longer daylight.

ReputationRep:
    Winter for the snow days

ReputationRep:
    If both are actually good in terms of weather (hot sun/decent snow) then I enjoy them equally. The average summer/winter in England is grey and a bit rainy and I'd rather that be in winter with cooler temperatures as it just feels uncomfortable in summer, so I generally prefer winter.

Winter has a lot going on with Christmas, New Year, Halloween & Bonfire Night but 3 of every 4 summers has the big football tournaments (World Cup, Euros, Confederations Cup), plus Wimbledon on top of that. No winter can top a summer when the World Cup is on. But then it's difficult to sleep when it's too hot, and I like sleeping wearing a beanie hat in the winter.

I like them both m8.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Definitely summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Definitely prefer the summer!

My reasoning:
    When it's winter, I miss summer clothes.
    When it's summer, I don't miss winter clothes.

However, I do feel a certain amount of disappointment if it doesn't snow one winter... I guess when I'm in one I want it to be the other haha :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    British people will moan all day - in summer the weather's too hot. In winter, it's too cold.

Arguably there are much more things to do in Summer, but I love these cold nights too, they are perfect for snuggling up, going for a run / drive and how good a hot chocolate from Starbucks tastes when it's ******* down outside.

What about you?

summer.

If winter was just cold and frosty days with a bit of snow, or a bit of fog, it would be fine. But its mainly just cold rain, which is crap.

ReputationRep:
    Winter I hate summer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Winter so I can cover up all day, also I can stay in door and not leave without feeling like a loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Summer! For me, nothing beats eating a tonne of ice cream and walking around South Kensington in shorts and an oversized football t-shirt :h:
    My hometown

ReputationRep:
    Winter.

I just can't do summer.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta be summer. Everything looks better when its sunny.

The days are longer and everything is so much less depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    My hometown
    Oh god so lucky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Oh god so lucky!
    It's beautiful in the summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's beautiful in the summer
    It really is! I need to go there this summer

ReputationRep:
    Summer, although winter's kinda cool, e.g. when in a relationship ~ it's a cosy/romantic time of year, especially around the festive season Otherwise, the short days/many hours of darkness can be a little.. :moon:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.